Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What’s on your Mt Rushmore of movie scenes that scarred you for life?

El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,187 Swaye's Wigwam
It could be scared the shit out of you, just freaked you out, made you sick thinking about it, etc.

In the movie "Ssssssss" when Dirk benedict finds the half man half cobra at the carnival freak show.

Donald Southerland at the end of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"

In the movie "Salem's Lot" when David Saul opens the casket, and the vampire awakens. Also, when the vampire kid floats to the window.

The curb stomping scene in "American History X"

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,976 Founders Club
    The 1930s version of Phantom of the Opera kept me awake for weeks
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,755 Founders Club
    When I was 12 or so, Poltergeist was on Showtime. Even though it was PG, the scene where the lady falls into the swimming pool hole freaked me out.

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

Fucking flying monkeys in Wizard of Oz.

That shit leaves a mark on a 4 year old.

Can confirm
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,401
    As a freshly-minted selective service-registered 19 year old, Apocalypse Now. It was when I realized that you don’t “play war”, and that people have to do some really nasty shit in this life. I couldn’t do it, and TYFYS for those that did, and do…
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,968 Swaye's Wigwam
    Salem's Lot was a great pull. That movie fucked adolescent Chuck up for years and it's exactly the two scenes you mentioned. I saw the coffin open and a vampire sit up, then I saw the window scene, and I was done. Dad had to sit with me until I fell asleep and any reminder, even years later until I had the guts to watch the whole movie, would leave me sleepless for days. I didn't like vampires.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,193 Founders Club
    I never saw the cult classic Ravenous but if I had, I suspect it would be on the list...

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,095 Founders Club

Fucking flying monkeys in Wizard of Oz.

That shit leaves a mark on a 4 year old.

Came here to post exactly this. I saw Wizard of Oz at about the same age and didn’t watch it again until my senior year of high school and even then it was for Spanish class and I had no choice.

The end of Friday the 13th when the girl is on the boat on the lake and Jason grabs her.

Salems Lot as well but I watched it as an adult and thought it was cheesy as hell.
  • El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,187 Swaye's Wigwam
    I watched Salem’s Lot a few years ago and it was cheesy. But being a 10 year old in 1979 freaked me out. I can remember having a nightmare at my grandparents home the night we watched it. As they let me watch anything

I also rewatched Ssssss and while cheesy, seeing a guy who was half snake and half man at a freak show was disturbing still. I was five when I saw that.
  • El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,187 Swaye's Wigwam
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,095 Founders Club
    El_K said:

I watched Salem’s Lot a few years ago and it was cheesy. But being a 10 year old in 1979 freaked me out. I can remember having a nightmare at my grandparents home the night we watched it. As they let me watch anything

I also rewatched Ssssss and while cheesy, seeing a guy who was half snake and half man at a freak show was disturbing still. I was five when I saw that.

I was a little bit older, maybe 10 when I saw Ssssss so it didn’t get me as bad.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,674 Standard Supporter
    The entire movie "House of 1000 Corpses" - it is now on my list of best b movies
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,230
    Watching Ned Beatty get plowed in the ass by a hillbilly who then got an arrow through the chest from Burt Reynolds made me pretty uncomfortable while I sat there with my parents.

I could tell they were pretty uncomfortable, too.
  • louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 350
    While we're talking sodomy throw Sleepers on there as well. I saw that when I was like 8 and didn't realize that men would do that to each other let alone a man doing it to a boy against his will. Fucked me up.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,755 Founders Club
    dflea said:

Watching Ned Beatty get plowed in the ass by a hillbilly who then got an arrow through the chest from Burt Reynolds made me pretty uncomfortable while I sat there with my parents.

I could tell they were pretty uncomfortable, too.

Plowed? Has @Doog_de_Jour commandeered your account?
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,484 Swaye's Wigwam
    1) John Donavans offence
    2) Arachnophobia. Thought spiders going to come out of the walls as I fell asleep for a while as a kid
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,210
    1) that movie 'the willies,' the lady eats the deep fried rat, i couldnt eat KFC for years after that
    2) ghoulies 2 - dude gets his ass eaten by a ghoulie, really unsatisfying shits after that