Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oregon supposedly asking Big 12 if they could join without signing Grant of Rights

13»

Comments

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,461
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

Last June I predicted half-seriously that Jen Cohen would lead UW right into Mountain West membership. That is becoming uncomfortably close to reality.

Washington will be fine, too many inherent advantages.

We just remember the Iron Laws.

As of right now, we’re so fine that we’re in a conference that’s considering putting games on Apple TV, and adding San Diego State and SMU as members. Rumors for our conference’s TV deal were as low as $24 million yesterday, although the PAC might get more money in exchange for putting games on Apple TV where no one can watch, And we’ll soon probably have to sign a TV deal to lock ourselves into the PAC for at least five years.

This is not fine. Honestly, if you’re not in panic mode right now then you’re not paying attention.
    Washington has a seat at the table of whatever "New World Order" takes over college football.

The Pac is dead, no shit. Washington is very much alive and too lucrative of a puzzle piece to not be included into the top tier of competition.

Super conferences are coming and we're not going to be left out.

But the PAC is dead.

Then why hasn’t the Big Ten invited us? If they were ever going to invite us, why didn’t they invite us at least six months ago? And why did the Big Ten university presidents fire commissioner Kevin Warren, who wanted to invite us? Time had basically run out for a Big Ten invite-we’re going to have to sign a Grant of Rights soon.

Some people on here really don’t realize how terrible this situation is.

Doogles said:

Last June I predicted half-seriously that Jen Cohen would lead UW right into Mountain West membership. That is becoming uncomfortably close to reality.

And if I spoke to you in 2007 you would have told me how Washington could never go 0-12
    Completely different. I think yor distaste for Cohen blinds you a bit on this.
  • Sandra6Sandra6 Member Posts: 147
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Doogles said:

Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

As of right now, we’re so fine that we’re in a conference that’s considering putting games on Apple TV, and adding San Diego State and SMU as members. Rumors for our conference’s TV deal were as low as $24 million yesterday, although the PAC might get more money in exchange for putting games on Apple TV where no one can watch, And we’ll soon probably have to sign a TV deal to lock ourselves into the PAC for at least five years.

This is not fine. Honestly, if you’re not in panic mode right now then you’re not paying attention.
    Washington has a seat at the table of whatever "New World Order" takes over college football.

The Pac is dead, no shit. Washington is very much alive and too lucrative of a puzzle piece to not be included into the top tier of competition.

But the PAC is dead.

Then why hasn’t the Big Ten invited us? If they were ever going to invite us, why didn’t they invite us at least six months ago? And why did the Big Ten university presidents fire commissioner Kevin Warren, who wanted to invite us? Time had basically run out for a Big Ten invite-we’re going to have to sign a Grant of Rights soon.

Doogles said:

And if I spoke to you in 2007 you would have told me how Washington could never go 0-12
    Do I think we are going to literally end up in the MWC? No.

Am I uncomfortable being led by the person who conceded the Pac-12 championship game to Oregon and then wished them the best of luck? And then coerced Husky fans to be "all-in"? Absolutely.

Regardless of whether it’s Cohen’s fault, our Big Ten chances are looking less and less likely. I don’t know why some people don’t realize that.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I am excited for the 4 corner schools to leave and the academic smack talkers can Jack off about being in a leftover shit pile with cal and Stanford.

School better figure it out quick or we will be searching for a coach again after our swan song this season. Either way….

I don't think they are going to do that. UCF, Cincinatti, Houston?

It's Mountain West Central in the Big 12
    From their perspective, why sit around and wait for uw and Oregon to likely leave at some point and make less money while doing so?

If the pac12 had an offer on the table equal or close to what the big 12 already got, the remaining 10 would have signed already. Just like uw/uo they have to look out for themselves. Hanging out with the coug/beav and the bay schools is not the answer for them.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

But the PAC is dead.

Doogles said:

Am I uncomfortable being led by the person who conceded the Pac-12 championship game to Oregon and then wished them the best of luck? And then coerced Husky fans to be "all-in"? Absolutely.

Regardless of whether it’s Cohen’s fault, our Big Ten chances are looking less and less likely. I don’t know why some people don’t realize that.
    Most of us realize that. Uw will be included somehow in the future if they want to be. That’s a big if though. They may have a few years of major financial shortcomings before it happens though.

The writing has been on the wall for a while. I always thought the big 12 would poach the Arizona and LA schools and tell the west coast to stay away. SEC was smart to get ahead of that and add the Texas schools which left the door open for the big 10.

TLDR

West coast football has been run by pussies for decades and many people have seen this coming. Academic smack talk is for losers and the pac12 never understood that.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,047
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

But the PAC is dead.

Doogles said:

This captures my feelings better than I even realized
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

But the PAC is dead.

A reminder that you're on a website with people that expect the situation to be terrible and are rarely disappointed

Is the program over yet?
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,556
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

But the PAC is dead.

A reminder that you're on a website with people that expect the situation to be terrible and are rarely disappointed

Is the program over yet?

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

But the PAC is dead.

Doogles said:

Everybody realizes that.

But things change all the time in conference realignment. What's true now wasn't true five minutes ago...
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,722
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

But the PAC is dead.

Doogles said:

Everybody realizes that.

But things change all the time in conference realignment. What's true now wasn't true five minutes ago...
    The ups and downs of it all
  • HypnotiqueHypnotique Member Posts: 70
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    West coast football has been run by pussies for decades and many people have seen this coming. Academic smack talk is for losers and the pac12 never understood that.

Sad but true.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

ntxduck said:

Sandra6 said:
    This dude has been wrong about literally everything (mhver). Classic twitter sources guy
    No school has ever gone from a higher ranking academic conference to a lower ranking one. Ever.

Absolutely no truth to this. This guy is a massive cheerleader and nothing more.
    we aint come here to play school, bro.
    This is just a simple fact.

For all the retards that think UW will ever exist with Texas Tech and West Virginia. Hell, Oregon wouldn't either.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I am excited for the 4 corner schools to leave and the academic smack talkers can Jack off about being in a leftover shit pile with cal and Stanford.

School better figure it out quick or we will be searching for a coach again after our swan song this season. Either way….

lol, from what I've read UW/Oregon/Stanford/Cal wouldn't give a shit and would backfill and just take 90%+ of the revenue. WSU and OSU will just adjust their kneepads.

And they don't respect Arizona State. Certainly not Utah.

Yet Arizona State won't leave without Arizona. Arizona won't l ave without Stanford and Cal.

Stanford and Cal won't leave without UW and Oregon leaving.