Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Will the PAC break up over the media rights deal?

Sandra6Sandra6 Member Posts: 150
edited February 2023 in Hardcore Husky Board
Dennis Dodds suggests the Four Corners schools going to the Big 12 as the first move. He seems to say that the Big 10 probably wouldn’t be willing to invite Oregon and Washington until after that happened because the Big 10 doesn’t want to be seen as destroying the PAC. (That makes the Big Ten seem all the more cruel to me-they’re willing to leave us in a conference with SMU and San Diego State, but aren’t willing to rescue us from that shithole conference because rescuing us would be cruel to Oregon State and Washington State.)

If this is seriously the case, then Oregon and Washington need to sabotage the TV contract negotiations so they come out to $20 million per school, and then demand an unequal slice of that revenue. Get the Four Corners to leave the PAC so that we can GTFO too.

Dodds seriously suggests that Stanford and Cal would join the MWC (along with Oregon State and Washington State) rather than join the Big 12 in this scenario. Lol.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/will-the-pac-12-break-up-where-each-team-would-go-if-league-disintegrates-over-media-rights-deal/

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,740 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Sandra6 said:

Dennis Dodds suggests the Four Corners schools going to the Big 12 as the first move. He seems to say that the Big 10 probably wouldn’t be willing to invite Oregon and Washington until after that happened because the Big 10 doesn’t want to be seen as destroying the PAC. (That makes the Big Ten seem all the more cruel to me-they’re willing to leave us in a conference with SMU and San Diego State, but aren’t willing to rescue us from that shithole conference because rescuing us would be cruel to Oregon State and Washington State.)

If this is seriously the case, then Oregon and Washington need to sabotage the TV contract negotiations so they come out to $20 million per school, and then demand an unequal slice of that revenue. Get the Four Corners to leave the PAC so that we can GTFO too.

Dodds seriously suggests that Stanford and Cal would join the MWC (along with Oregon State and Washington State) rather than join the Big 12 in this scenario. Lol.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/will-the-pac-12-break-up-where-each-team-would-go-if-league-disintegrates-over-media-rights-deal/

I legit laughed.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,686 Founders Club
    I legit didn’t laugh
  • AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,719
    I have more faith in this guy than in the PAC situation working out well!

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,635 Standard Supporter
    edited February 2023
    He seems to say that the Big 10 probably wouldn’t be willing to invite Oregon and Washington until after that happened because the Big 10 doesn’t want to be seen as destroying the PAC.

The Big10 destroyed the PAC when they decided to engage in intercourse with UCLA and USC.

That's like fucking your best friend's wife and then hoping he doesn't get mad. Fuck that bullshit rationalization.

Either Dennis Dodd is retarded and/or the Big10 is a bunch of big fat virtue signalling liars.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,465 Founders Club
    While @Sandra6 seems like a one-trick pony to this point, she is creating some important conversations
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
    I think zer kneads a thread limit tho.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,740 Founders Club

While @Sandra6 seems like a one-trick pony to this point, she is creating some important conversations

She? could add to her? repertoire by posting tit pics in the Wam.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,465 Founders Club

I think zer kneads a thread limit tho.

We're approaching saturation but not there yet

I've got a couple of candidates for pitch counts
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,944 Swaye's Wigwam

Stick around Sandra👌👌

You may make a good point. More pics needed to confirm though.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,171
    edited February 2023

Months ago, Amazon chatted with the Big Ten about buying a package if Oregon, Washington, Cal and Stanford were added. But the games they'd have access to weren't worth the investment because of where Amazon would have been in the game-picking order. Could they slip back into those conversations? Could the conference find a way with its broadcast partners to provide Amazon access to better games once the extra inventory arrives?

Don't expect anything significant to happen with the Big Ten and Amazon until outgoing commissioner Kevin Warren officially leaves office, which is scheduled for April. Would a media partner want a deal with an outgoing commissioner? Probably not, especially because Amazon was involved in the original Big Ten negotiations and ultimately left out.

But the potential of new leadership combined with the increasing desperation of Oregon and Washington has cracked the door back open. The Big Ten presidents weren't keen on more additions initially, and both USC and UCLA have been protective of the West Coast. But could properties that valuable really get left behind?

we? a valuable program?
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,944 Swaye's Wigwam

Months ago, Amazon chatted with the Big Ten about buying a package if Oregon, Washington, Cal and Stanford were added. But the games they'd have access to weren't worth the investment because of where Amazon would have been in the game-picking order. Could they slip back into those conversations? Could the conference find a way with its broadcast partners to provide Amazon access to better games once the extra inventory arrives?

Don't expect anything significant to happen with the Big Ten and Amazon until outgoing commissioner Kevin Warren officially leaves office, which is scheduled for April. Would a media partner want a deal with an outgoing commissioner? Probably not, especially because Amazon was involved in the original Big Ten negotiations and ultimately left out.

But the potential of new leadership combined with the increasing desperation of Oregon and Washington has cracked the door back open. The Big Ten presidents weren't keen on more additions initially, and both USC and UCLA have been protective of the West Coast. But could properties that valuable really get left behind?

we? a valuable program?
    UW has been a mess for 30 years and has had some extreme lows, but never really goes away. *We've always been a good coach, or just the right coach, away from being a top 1-3 team on the west coast and competitive nationally. A guitar playing, sweater vest wearing, soft, Socal guy managed a nice peak and some temporary clout before he flamed out. A tired, cranky, burnt out Petersen did the same. Deboer has it going again.

Almost everything that could be done wrong or just go wrong has happened, yet here *we are right in the national conversation again for the upcoming season.

I'm no economist by any stretch of the imagination but I have to say that yes, UW brings a ton of value. Oregon too.
  • Sandra6Sandra6 Member Posts: 150
    edited February 2023
    Can Washington and Oregon please play the "Invite Us in the Next 10 Days or We'll Join the ACC and Lock Ourselves Up Until 2036" card?

Even if we're BSing with that threat, I want the Big 10 to hurry up. Enough fucking waiting. You invited Maryland and Rutgers with seemingly zero hesitation, but there's all this hesitation on adding us? Seriously, WTF? I don't want to wait until fucking April for an invite.

With the rumors that USC and UCLA want to prevent us from entering the conference, we'd probably lose any chance at geting into the Big 10 once they have a vote on Big 10 matters and would provide us with two more no votes, anyway.