Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sean McGrew

124»

Comments

• Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,391

Fishpo31 said:

I went down a rabbit hole tonight, chasing Billy Don Jackson, whom I previously referenced in this thread. I had never seen this article, written upon the passing of the "Gutty Little Bruin", his college coach, Terry Donahue.

I found this article, and it made me question what all of this shit is about (NOT the first time; for me, that was after 9/11). All of the kids "we" (speaking as a former college coach) have failed...

This is not a request for Stalin to delete my account (HA!)...I guess I just got reminded that they are kids, and a lot of them fail, despite the effort, during and after the fact.

Disclosure: I am drunk, but I would recommend that y'all read the article, it turned out pretty pretty good...

https://3quarksdaily.com/3quarksdaily/2021/07/thoughts-on-the-passing-of-terry-donahue.html

Great piece @Fishpo31 . My take is that the “we” who are responsible for those situations are the kids’ parents. Four-year universities are not the place for remedial reading and math. You really don’t need to be that smart to get by at most major US universities with passing (2.0) grades. No, it won’t work at Dartmouth, which is why they recruit from a different pool, but it will even at Cal. Just get a 7 or 8th grade equivalent set of basic skills … not advanced but basic … and you can get through with all support available. You can’t do that and you shouldn’t be at a 4-year. Even if it’s Texas Tech.

I know. TITTT.

It’s on Mom and Dad.
    Take it to Texas Tech??!?

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club

I tutored athletes in the UW AD for a few months. There was one football player who legit could not read. Or at like, 4th grade level. Completely lost, no comprehension basically.

Neuheisel era.

Vic-tor-y and ru-ins
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,486 Founders Club
    doogville said:

All of this begs the question: how tf was quade green ruled academically ineligible?

maybe academis were a ruse