Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dill Johnson MSU transfer

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,897
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

ntxduck said:

But what does Eklind thunk?

“Why are we still pursuing an sec starting Rb after we got a Pac12 bottom feeder’s third stringer???”
    -Eklund
    Ngata is a head scratcher for me. He adds nothing. I can only assume he was a hedge against Dill backing off, though I don't remember if the timelines line up to make that a possible excuse.
    Exactly. There's been this weird sentiment that we somehow got this huge pickup and solved our RB woes by getting Ngata. He was the 3rd string running back on a terrible team. He's essentially Taulapapa or Dumas if they had been non-starters
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,002
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2023
    Ngata is a Folsom guy so maybe they just wanted to expand the Folsom pipeline. According to his 247 profile he had a lot of offers out of HS, including Bama and Chris Petersen's Washington.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,481
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    One of the stranger takes I've seen. Ngata is fine but shutting down running back recruiting because of him is a wild take, especially considering Ngata is a smaller non workhorse back.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,435
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

One of the stranger takes I've seen. Ngata is fine but shutting down running back recruiting because of him is a wild take, especially considering Ngata is a smaller non workhorse back.

Given that we're likely to have more attrition at the position, taking 3 RBs this year makes sense. Get the horses in the stable and see who runs
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ngata is a Folsom guy so maybe they just wanted to expand the Folsom pipeline. According to his 247 profile he had a lot of offers out of HS, including Bama and Chris Petersen's Washington.

I think he benefited from his name and from playing at a football factory in HS. I don't think a lot of those schools really pursued him. I don't think UW was even after him that hard.

He's depth. We don't really know how many backs are about to sell couches. It could be a bunch of them.
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If Ngata contributes 250 yards in his career at UW I will be surprised. Weird family.