Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The New Gold Standard in Firearm Care - Best CLP

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,926
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,655
    There have been lots of dry lubes before most haven't cut it.

All you actually need is a quart of 5w30 synthetic motor oil and you'll have a lifetime supply of gun oil. I've tried it all. It all works some just work better than others. Guns are working as hard as an engine. Amazon sells small plastic bottles with a needle applicator. I use them for oil and solvents. Afghanis and others clean their AK's by tying knots in shoelaces dipping them in used motor oil and pulling them through the bore.

Gun oil wise I like Slip 2000 extreme weapons lube these days. I use Frog Lube for very specific purposes.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Motor oil will lubricate your gun but I wouldn’t think there be any (and/or sufficient amounts) of solvents to clean out the carbon buildup. Plus, how clean is it burning when you fire? There has to be a lot of smoke.

CLP is specifically designed to clean, lubricator, and protect the weapon, hence the acronym. It’s definitely more expensive but, like the lube your mom uses, a little goes a long way. 😊
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,655
    USMChawk said:

Motor oil will lubricate your gun but I wouldn’t think there be any (and/or sufficient amounts) of solvents to clean out the carbon buildup. Plus, how clean is it burning when you fire? There has to be a lot of smoke.

CLP is specifically designed to clean, lubricator, and protect the weapon, hence the acronym. It’s definitely more expensive but, like the lube your mom uses, a little goes a long way. 😊

CLP is a military cure. One thing to do all things. It does not men it works better than single purpose products as I've found it doesn't but it works for the military. I didn't mention cleaning your gun with motor oil (although you certainly can it will remove normal powder fouling etc.) just lubing it. I use solvent to clean the gun. For general firearm cleaning I use Outers spray solvent because it is convenient and works just fine. I use Slip carbon killer as it works OK on AR bolt carriers/bolts etc. and I own it already. For copper in rifle bores I use Bore Tech CU2 copper remover. Won't hurt the steel and works quite well. I only do that when breaking in a barrel or after accuracy drops off and I remove it all which takes a while.

I use grease for certain applications as well. Mil Comm TW25 works well.

There are a lot of good products out there but gun stuff is a looney!. Some of these oils cost a ridiculous amount as in 8 bucks an ounce. No real need for 'em.

These things work for me.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Wrong fucking bored

Allegedly
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @Swaye turned me on to the idea of CLP when I was first getting into knives.

The first time I applied it to a blade used way too much.

My hands looked like @backthepack's after he got done with that gorilla.