Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dill Johnson MSU transfer

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,966
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

Maybe we’ll call him pickle

chuck said:

Penace said:

Seems like Adams production will come almost exclusively in the rec game. His skill set might be pretty similar to frosh Rogers. I figured Johnson would be a 1b type back. Expect very little from ngata.

I kind of disagree. Adams looked quick, strong and aggressive when he got the ball. He had one bad drop but that shit happens and we tend to overvalue one fuckup from a guy who gets very few reps. I honestly think he has the skills to be RB1 on this team.

I'm not in in this debate. Too much would've/could've/should've for me.

n fairness, though, Haener seemed to put up a crooked number of picks in every practice based on reports.
    Makes you wonder if coaching and scheme can matter.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

chuck said:

Penace said:

Seems like Adams production will come almost exclusively in the rec game. His skill set might be pretty similar to frosh Rogers. I figured Johnson would be a 1b type back. Expect very little from ngata.

I kind of disagree. Adams looked quick, strong and aggressive when he got the ball. He had one bad drop but that shit happens and we tend to overvalue one fuckup from a guy who gets very few reps. I honestly think he has the skills to be RB1 on this team.

n fairness, though, Haener seemed to put up a crooked number of picks in every practice based on reports.
    Haener was too much of a gunslinger for Petersen. Haener was a better fit for DeBoer, so he made the right choice instead of trying to play after Eason
  • louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 333
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

chuck said:

chuck said:

Penace said:

Haener was too much of a gunslinger for Petersen. Haener was a better fit for DeBoer, so he made the right choice instead of trying to play after Eason
    He also wasn’t good nor would he have been while he was here. He was a turnover machine. That offensive staff wasn’t bringing it out of anyone. He went to qb reform school and became a good qb.
    This is why I think that Dylan Morris could have a resurgence if we ever need him to play meaningful snaps. Not saying he's ever going to be an All Pac 12 player or anything but he could be way better than he looked in 2021. I was optimistic about him after the 2020 season where he had those two come-from-behind wins.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,604
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Penace said:

He also wasn’t good nor would he have been while he was here. He was a turnover machine. That offensive staff wasn’t bringing it out of anyone. He went to qb reform school and became a good qb.
    This is why I think that Dylan Morris could have a resurgence if we ever need him to play meaningful snaps. Not saying he's ever going to be an All Pac 12 player or anything but he could be way better than he looked in 2021. I was optimistic about him after the 2020 season where he had those two come-from-behind wins.
    Morris looked just as scatter brained and erratic in his game reps last year as he did under Donovan. He couldn't find the pocket let alone climb it or stay in it with good movement. He still can't see what's going on in front of him, and still throws some fugly ass balls.

But yeah I suppose the light could turn on.
  • louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 333
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Penace said:

Morris looked just as scatter brained and erratic in his game reps last year as he did under Donovan. He couldn't find the pocket let alone climb it or stay in it with good movement. He still can't see what's going on in front of him, and still throws some fugly ass balls.

But yeah I suppose the light could turn on.
    Agreed. I guess my reason for optimism is less about Morris and more about Deboer. Morris isn't a pocket passer and I don't think Deboer would try to make him one the way Donovan did.
  • sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 772
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Is dill any good? Leach didn't seem to mind dumping him.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Leach made a sour grapes comment. That's my read. Johnson was too big a part of their offense for me to think Leach really believed what he said.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428

He fits our offense and should provide depth at worst and start at best.

He should be the best RB we've had since Salvon
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,885
    Founders Club

chuck said:

Penace said:

Derek Johnson power ranking

1. IU
    2. Napoleon Kaufman
    3. Haener

4. Everyone else
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sounds like Dillon is headed to UW afterall. Big get IMO.

Sounds like a drama Queen.
  • PurpleSmokePurpleSmoke Member Posts: 114
    46XiJCAB said:

Sounds like Dillon is headed to UW afterall. Big get IMO.

Sounds like a drama Queen.
    Takes one to know one.
  • sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 772
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Anyone got a link for Dill film?
    Swaye's Wigwam

Anyone got a link for Dill film?

I did look for some MSU highlights or film months ago and there wasn't much to find. You'd have to watch their actual games.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    If you find his twitter he has some highlights. There are also some on youtube from his 2021 season, I believe.

He's not a heisman back but he's big and sudden.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,078
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I did watch Hail State a time or two. Comments were that Leach was running the ball more. They had two backs. Quite honestly I couldn't tell you much more

I saw them win the Egg Bowl and lose to Bama. That's when I usually see them play