Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NIL hot talk

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,559
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
I think this was UW's original approach. Talk about the future. Then they realized the future is now and even with this Bama has to pay now

Comments

• Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,821
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They are still talking down NIL.

Former Alabama Crimson Tide players under Nick Saban have gone on to earn $1.94 billion.

Name, image, likeness (NIL) may have changed the game, but if you want a career in the NFL you still go to Tuscaloosa. Nick Saban has dominated college football over the last decade, especially when it comes to the NFL draft.
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    edited January 2023
    >50% chance that that poor ass state is funneling public dollars to an NIL collective because their fans are too poor to come up with $20M every year instead of the traditional $2M. If Mississippi politicians tried to do this for shit ass Southern Miss and limp dick Brett Favre, my imagination runs wild in the shithole that is Alabama.

But still, there are limits, hence the poors in Bama needing to sell the future contract $s still.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I wonder if he’d ever identify Willingham as that guy.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,276
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

Sarkingham

I don't remember...was there a sense that Sark wasn't welcoming to former players? I really don't remember but it wouldn't surprise me. I could see his ego getting in the way.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    Founders Club

Mario Baily is over Jimmy apparently. The change the culture shot

Welcome back Stan Emptermann

Irony.

1861. The year the SEC "left" so they didn't have to start paying the kids.

This is shit as fuck. Next level. Shelby Foote? Priceless.
  • Options
    RonMexicoDawg99RonMexicoDawg99 Member Posts: 20
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

dannarc said:

Sarkingham

I don't remember...was there a sense that Sark wasn't welcoming to former players? I really don't remember but it wouldn't surprise me. I could see his ego getting in the way.
    All I remember was he was really welcoming of Will Ferrell.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Here's the thing with NIL that NOBODY talks about ...

The more that a University's AD can fund their entire funding through media rights, advertising, and ticket sales ... the more that donors can contribute to NIL collectives to "fund" the program's players (at least until players become school employees - which is coming).

But in the interim ... the above is the path forward.

Problem is that Jen runs the UW AD fat and as a result with UW's cash flows it becomes effectively a double ask for donors to fund both the programs on the whole AND NIL.
  • Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Friend of a friend is buddies with Empterman, still Iives out in Cheney if I’m not mistaken.
    He was a huge CP fan, but did not take to Sark or Willingham, and I’m sure he wasn’t thrilled with Jimmy after losing to Montana.

He’s an interesting dude from what I’m told, still runs some local camps but not under his own name. Also has a massive farm. He’s good friends with Best at EWU and has helped out at their camps in the past, would be great to see him involved in UW football in a bigger capacity no doubt. Out in Spokane he’s almost a Mythical Football God, not many people have got to meet him and if they did they probably wouldn’t even know it.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,172
    Founders Club

Mario Baily is over Jimmy apparently. The change the culture shot

Welcome back Stan Emptermann

Derek can confirm, but Mario racebaiting Husky fans that thought Jimmy should be canned for the Montana loss is what brought me to the boreds. How tim changes
    As someone who has been called racist multiple times because I publicly criticized a terrible football coach, having Mario imply that people who didn't feel Lake was a good fit were racist was highly disappointing. What disappointed me the most was that Mario didn't even have the courage to say it outright. He put it out there just enough but then acted like he was above such talk. It was terribly disappointing.

But no, he didn't kill anybody. I'm glad he's supporting DeBoer.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,992
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Here's the thing with NIL that NOBODY talks about ...

The more that a University's AD can fund their entire funding through media rights, advertising, and ticket sales ... the more that donors can contribute to NIL collectives to "fund" the program's players (at least until players become school employees - which is coming).

But in the interim ... the above is the path forward.

Problem is that Jen runs the UW AD fat and as a result with UW's cash flows it becomes effectively a double ask for donors to fund both the programs on the whole AND NIL.

This has literally been brought up multiple times on the board, but still.