Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Draco Bynum, 4* DL 2018, Wilsonville HS, OR (COMMITTED)

124»

Comments

• JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,092
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

He’s still on the roster? I legitimately forgot about him. Is he still trying to play interior DL?

Edit: looks like he quit football altogether

Apparently they were trying to get him to quit football for about two years and he just wouldn’t
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,966
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2023

He’s still on the roster? I legitimately forgot about him. Is he still trying to play interior DL?

Edit: looks like he quit football altogether

Apparently they were trying to get him to quit football for about two years and he just wouldn’t
    He came to uw for an engineering major if I remember correctly. He was all school from the beginning.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,256
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

chuck said:

This guy can weigh 300 lbs if he's an ounce. Big dude. This system thrives on big DEs bringing heat from the edge.

He'll end up inside though. He's not in the Greg Gaines category of wrecking balls (only comparing because...well...WDT you know), but he'll fill the WDT role nicely and be a starter in a couple of years barring an uptick in BDT and PDT recruiting.

Reason #160 not to TBS
    You ever bet on anything with nothing on the line? If it bothered me to miss on a prospect prediction, even a tiny amount, i might agree. It doesn't. Im not trying to make a living predicting the football futures of teen boys. It's just a thing to do.

Yeah, I didn't read that much into his comments. He basically said the focus is keeping Washington kids home and dominating California. He noted that the 5-star kids that USC wants will stay home. So what. How many five-star players does UW ever get from anywhere, let alone Southern California. Yet even still, there is so much talent there that UW should be able to stock its program with great players (a lot of them need a year or two in the program to develop -- that's going to be where DeBoner earns his keep).

He didn't really say anything that was surprising or worrisome, imho. It was basically a story about how he's gotten to where he is and why he's at Washington. The dude is confident. And the article noted the staff booted Glenn down to director of player development while making the Oregon guy (Henkle?) director of recruiting and a former Michigan guy as director of scouting. Bruce Harrell's daughter is director of on-campus recruiting.

So it sounds like the grown ups are in charge. (Except in the AD's chair, and until that changes, I'm not going to get my hopes up even though I'm doogin more than I have since Peterman first came on board.)

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,604
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

This guy can weigh 300 lbs if he's an ounce. Big dude. This system thrives on big DEs bringing heat from the edge.

He'll end up inside though. He's not in the Greg Gaines category of wrecking balls (only comparing because...well...WDT you know), but he'll fill the WDT role nicely and be a starter in a couple of years barring an uptick in BDT and PDT recruiting.

Reason #160 not to TBS
    You ever bet on anything with nothing on the line? If it bothered me to miss on a prospect prediction, even a tiny amount, i might agree. It doesn't. Im not trying to make a living predicting the football futures of teen boys. It's just a thing to do.

Yeah, I didn't read that much into his comments. He basically said the focus is keeping Washington kids home and dominating California. He noted that the 5-star kids that USC wants will stay home. So what. How many five-star players does UW ever get from anywhere, let alone Southern California. Yet even still, there is so much talent there that UW should be able to stock its program with great players (a lot of them need a year or two in the program to develop -- that's going to be where DeBoner earns his keep).

He didn't really say anything that was surprising or worrisome, imho. It was basically a story about how he's gotten to where he is and why he's at Washington. The dude is confident. And the article noted the staff booted Glenn down to director of player development while making the Oregon guy (Henkle?) director of recruiting and a former Michigan guy as director of scouting. Bruce Harrell's daughter is director of on-campus recruiting.

So it sounds like the grown ups are in charge. (Except in the AD's chair, and until that changes, I'm not going to get my hopes up even though I'm doogin more than I have since Peterman first came on board.)

I'm puzzled about the copy pastas you've been dropping on me @dannarc . Is that a post of mine above? I can't decide if you're making fun of me or not. Whatever it is the bullying simply won't stand. You won't even get a warning before I'm on here and twatter crying crocodile tears and threatening to off myself.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Draco came to UW to play Tik Tok and nothing else