Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Julien Simon, 4* 2021 ATH, Tacoma (Lincoln), WA (Offered 6/22)

Comments

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,578
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yikes. Mark this one down in the category of sometimes the recruiting rankings don't mean shit.

The majority of the board was dialed in on this one.

Top 150-ish nationally four-star prospect per 247 Sports and yet couldn't get on the field for USC's absolute shit defense.

LOL at 247's grade inflation for FSP/Heir

Yes, mark this one down as a the board being right. Also shows might point that some schools with take guys rated four star on 247 just for the ratings bump and buzz.

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,576
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    At some point 24/7 is going to have to adjust how they view Washington state kids. Evaluating a kid and being 50/50 on your 4 and 5* players panning out seems like a poor long term business model. I feel there should be maybe 10 5* kids a year and another 50 legit 4* kids. The rest are varied assortments if 3*. Also, bring back the 2* as an actual evaluation. Making someone 3* because they take up the 25th spot in a class is stupid. If a kids a reach then call it.
  • Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Checked to see the QB in front of Huard in his class and it was Quinn Ewers with the highest rank ever. He was given a perfect 1.000

Now he's 0-1 vs. UW.

Wasn't Caleb Williams ahead of Huard? And then Ewers became the #1 when he reclassified?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,913
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Doogles said:

Checked to see the QB in front of Huard in his class and it was Quinn Ewers with the highest rank ever. He was given a perfect 1.000

Now he's 0-1 vs. UW.

Wasn't Caleb Williams ahead of Huard? And then Ewers became the #1 when he reclassified?
    I'm pretty sure Ty Thompson was ranked ahead of him in the end, at least on one if the services
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,578
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

At some point 24/7 is going to have to adjust how they view Washington state kids. Evaluating a kid and being 50/50 on your 4 and 5* players panning out seems like a poor long term business model. I feel there should be maybe 10 5* kids a year and another 50 legit 4* kids. The rest are varied assortments if 3*. Also, bring back the 2* as an actual evaluation. Making someone 3* because they take up the 25th spot in a class is stupid. If a kids a reach then call it.

Recruiting rankings should reflect what type of expected impact a kid should have in the first year or two at a program.

Right now, they're attempting to project NFL draft status, but that's stupid since that's more dependent on coaching and training. It doesn't make sense for 99% of people who follow recruiting.

Too bad the whole recruiting industry is drunk on star chinflation and hyping up 1000 kids a year
    I think the NFL Draft status thing is a cop out to rationalize bad evaluations. How could Sam Huard be a high 5 star based on Draft projection coming out.

There's some obvious flaws in their system that are pretty blatant.

-Kids who pop really early in their high school careers or have one good camp, and get put into the system and then it's hard for 247 to shit on a kid and drop him too far. I feel like there are always 1-3 guys like this in WA each year.

-Kids who are in with groups like FSP.

-There's too many four stars. Too many kids who are four stars who it's clear only like one legit program wants.

-Kids who aren't in certain cities/areas not getting enough of a high rating - Jake Locker not being a 5* Rapp, Otton and Trey Adams being lower rated seem like fits too
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2023

Doogles said:

Now he's 0-1 vs. UW.

The top 10 from that class has had...
    -3 hits: Caleb Williams, JJ McCarthy, Drake Maye
    -2 meh: Quinn Ewers, Jaxson Dart
    -5 ??? who haven't earned real playing time: Huard, Vandagriff (UGA), McCord (OSU), Thompson (UO), Garcia (MIA)
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,498
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2023
    NEsnake12 said:

Doogles said:

Now he's 0-1 vs. UW.

The top 10 from that class has had...
    -3 hits: Caleb Williams, JJ McCarthy, Drake Maye
    -2 meh: Quinn Ewers, Jaxson Dart
    -5 ??? who haven't earned real playing time: Huard, Vandagriff (UGA), McCord (OSU), Thompson (UO), Garcia (MIA)
    McCord is the heir apparent at tOSU for next year. Huard had a big Penix in his way the year he should have would have started. But not beating out Morris...

Will be interesting to see who takes over at Georgia. They don't need a superstar just a winner

Thompson, like Huard had a portal guy take his shot which I guess speaks volumes for both of them

• Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,273
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Big Swinging Dick > Fast strategy loser
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 757
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I like exquisite hips.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I like exquisite hips.

Hips are out. Head, heart, and balls are our new metrics of choice.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,257
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I like exquisite hips.

Hips are out. Head, heart, and balls are our new metrics of choice.
    Fuckin’ aye…