Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

One of these guys is not like the others...

2»

Comments

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,138

EwaDawg said:

Jim Owens 1957 - Not ranked
    Don James 1975 - Not ranked
    Jim Lambright 1993- Not ranked
    Rick Neuiheisel 1991 - Not ranked
    Keith Gilbertson 2003 - Not ranked
    Ty Willingham 2005- Not ranked
    Steve Sarkisian 2009- Not ranked
    Chris Petersen 2014- Not ranked
    Jimmy Lake 2020 - Not ranked
    Kalen DeBoer 2022 - #8

DeBoer had the best first season of Husky head coach in the modern era and it's not even fucking close.

As long as he lost a single game, as coach of UW, he is at best number two in UW coaching history. Albeit, a very solid #2.

Question, yellar. Do you recognize the Berlin gold winning UW crew as the best of all tim? Is that the reason you throw in the word "modern"?

Of course, I agree with defining modern era as not including Race's birth but including mine. Also, I agree with your poast.

1936 UW Crew is the GOAT of our row perter puffer squads because they won a Natty AND they beat Hitler. It's also the greatest moment in UW sports history along with 1991 for Football.

But there not much point in comparing them the modern era crews - especially of the past 20 years. They are so much bigger and skronger.

For UW football, I just don't care that much about analyzing what happened before the sport was on TV. No offense to Gil.
    Thanks for answering a flippant question.

Wnen comparing accomplishments of different eras, one can only compare against the field that existed in that era. Dobie beat all comers (even if they were ships and high schools). But I understand that his time was closer to the civil war than to current day husky football.

Likewise, I can't imagine a current day opportunity for a crew team to go into a similar

EwaDawg said:

Kalen DeBoer 2022 - #8

DeBoer had the best first season of Husky head coach in the modern era and it's not even fucking close.

As long as he lost a single game, as coach of UW, he is at best number two in UW coaching history. Albeit, a very solid #2.

Question, yellar. Do you recognize the Berlin gold winning UW crew as the best of all tim? Is that the reason you throw in the word "modern"?

Of course, I agree with defining modern era as not including Race's birth but including mine. Also, I agree with your poast.

Better question...

Why the fuck do you run out the text like it is some "Gotcha" moment on every post?
    Every? I don't.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Baseman said:

Rick Neuiheisel 1999 - Not ranked
    Kalen DeBoer 2022 - #8

We had 2 coaches for 35 years from 1957 to 1992.

We've had 8 coaches in the 29 years since 1993.
    It begs the question - when would @RaceBannon have fired Jim Owens?
    My dad gave up on him around 66 or 67 and he was right

I learned at the feet of the master

The biggest failure is Lambo by far. Gibly and the 12-0 squad second

Rick didn't lose 5 games he just ran out of time

Can't blame Sark - you have no idea of the damage that Ty did

Actually can't blame Ty taking over a 1-11 team

Petersen underachieved his first two years quite honestly
    Peterman's stubbornness hurt more than meathead Lambo. Two plays from Rosebowls (Hi Pup) he was too stupid to know better. I get where you're going and in the lens of coming off James, Lambo totaled the Ferrari.

Peterman on the other hand knew better. He had Oregon and SC on the ropes and let them off the book. Instead of National Gator QBs, Comedians and midgets were the spoils of a team on the cusp of regular playoff apperances (so I heard from many a Doog) No linebackers for us.

Lambo didn't get us? to a Rosebowl but I'll go to my grave believing he wouldn't have quit if he got there because it wasn't fun.

So for that, I say Fuck Off Peterman.

You would have liked Dad (#1) Race. He was anti James for the archaic offense. "Run 3 plays into the line and punt" Dad used to mutter about the James offense in the early/mid 80s"

Had a feeling about Fats and I think he elevates the program over James. Maybe not a Natty but he sleeps in the office and grinds away. It won't take an 86 Sun Bowl beat down for him to adjust either
    Fuck off to anyone that mitigates the damage lambo did. He sucked. Ruined my childhood and formative years. Gave birth to college football to all our meth addict friends south of the Columbia.

Pete didn’t have the gut to take us to the top but at least there are a couple of conference trophies. Lambo gave us classic meltdowns to Oregon, notre dame, and usc and lost generations of fans to a rival school down south. FTG
    Lambo sucked. HTH

He also had CTE and Rose Bowl rings as our DC. He never should have had the job in the first place.

Peterman took the job, took our $ and teased. He was capable. Lambo was not and never was.

Peterman quit. Lambo was part of the good times. Peterman was an interloper. FBTG.

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Rick Neuiheisel 1999 - Not ranked
    Kalen DeBoer 2022 - #8

We had 2 coaches for 35 years from 1957 to 1992.

We've had 8 coaches in the 29 years since 1993.
    It begs the question - when would @RaceBannon have fired Jim Owens?
    My dad gave up on him around 66 or 67 and he was right

I learned at the feet of the master

The biggest failure is Lambo by far. Gibly and the 12-0 squad second

Rick didn't lose 5 games he just ran out of time

Can't blame Sark - you have no idea of the damage that Ty did

Actually can't blame Ty taking over a 1-11 team

Petersen underachieved his first two years quite honestly
    Peterman's stubbornness hurt more than meathead Lambo. Two plays from Rosebowls (Hi Pup) he was too stupid to know better. I get where you're going and in the lens of coming off James, Lambo totaled the Ferrari.

Peterman on the other hand knew better. He had Oregon and SC on the ropes and let them off the book. Instead of National Gator QBs, Comedians and midgets were the spoils of a team on the cusp of regular playoff apperances (so I heard from many a Doog) No linebackers for us.

Lambo didn't get us? to a Rosebowl but I'll go to my grave believing he wouldn't have quit if he got there because it wasn't fun.

So for that, I say Fuck Off Peterman.

You would have liked Dad (#1) Race. He was anti James for the archaic offense. "Run 3 plays into the line and punt" Dad used to mutter about the James offense in the early/mid 80s"

Had a feeling about Fats and I think he elevates the program over James. Maybe not a Natty but he sleeps in the office and grinds away. It won't take an 86 Sun Bowl beat down for him to adjust either
    Fuck off to anyone that mitigates the damage lambo did. He sucked. Ruined my childhood and formative years. Gave birth to college football to all our meth addict friends south of the Columbia.

Pete didn’t have the gut to take us to the top but at least there are a couple of conference trophies. Lambo gave us classic meltdowns to Oregon, notre dame, and usc and lost generations of fans to a rival school down south. FTG
    Lambo sucked. HTH

He also had CTE and Rose Bowl rings as our DC. He never should have had the job in the first place.

Peterman took the job, took our $ and teased. He was capable. Lambo was not and never was.

Peterman quit. Lambo was part of the good times. Peterman was an interloper. FBTG.

Ah yes the Dan Lanning national championship loser bs. FTG.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,037 Founders Club
    edited January 2023

EwaDawg said:

Kalen DeBoer 2022 - #8

Better question...

Why the fuck do you run out the text like it is some "Gotcha" moment on every post?
    You better axe somebody.

@PurpleBaze
    @CFetters_Nacho_Lover
    @creepycoug
    @GrundleStiltzkin
    @PostGameOrangeSlices
    @RuffaloSoldier
    @MikeSeaver
    @coronabruin @PurpleJ
    @DerekJohnson
    @Ice_Holmvik
    @IrishDawg22
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,936 Founders Club
    pawz said:

EwaDawg said:

Kalen DeBoer 2022 - #8

Better question...

You better axe somebody.

@PurpleBaze
    @CFetters_Nacho_Lover
    @creepycoug
    @GrundleStiltzkin
    @PostGameOrangeSlices
    @RuffaloSoldier
    @MikeSeaver
    @coronabruin @PurpleJ
    @DerekJohnson
    @Ice_Holmvik
    @IrishDawg22

@pawz’ malarkey

It’s the best malarkey
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,037 Founders Club

pawz said:

EwaDawg said:

Kalen DeBoer 2022 - #8

Better question...

You better axe somebody.

@PurpleBaze
    @CFetters_Nacho_Lover
    @creepycoug
    @GrundleStiltzkin
    @PostGameOrangeSlices
    @RuffaloSoldier
    @MikeSeaver
    @coronabruin @PurpleJ
    @DerekJohnson
    @Ice_Holmvik
    @IrishDawg22

@pawz’ malarkey

It’s the best malarkey
    @PurpleBaze

True ?!

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,936 Founders Club
    pawz said:

pawz said:

EwaDawg said:

Kalen DeBoer 2022 - #8

Better question...

You better axe somebody.

@PurpleBaze
    @CFetters_Nacho_Lover
    @creepycoug
    @GrundleStiltzkin
    @PostGameOrangeSlices
    @RuffaloSoldier
    @MikeSeaver
    @coronabruin @PurpleJ
    @DerekJohnson
    @Ice_Holmvik
    @IrishDawg22

@pawz’ malarkey

It’s the best malarkey
    @PurpleBaze

True ?!

You’re not getting this kind of top shelf malarkey at Doogman!

@pawz
    @PurpleBaze
    @PurpleJ
    @puppylove_sugarsteel
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911
    Swaye said:

Build the statue!

I'm already fund raising. Gofundme name is "Help Me Raise My DeBoner"

Solid!