Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oregon overall class 2023

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,536 Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

Imagine pulling a slightly above average portal class and puffing your chest.

Wait until Oregon is finished.

SC fans were not sorry to see Goforth go.

Imagine not being able to shine at LB there.

Talent acquisition. It means you can out-evalauate your peers.

By your standards Oregon should haven't beat Washington by 20+. But scouting, talent development. It matters.

We got the players we wanted.

You're a low info white trash rock breaker in East Vancouver. It's hilarious to all of us that live in the area and make real money.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    edited January 2023
    Aw Shit.

The #1 2023 TE and 5* Duce Robinson just announced his upcoming visit to Oregon during the UA AA.

Nothing about uw. I'll keep you posted.
    🤣

Please do.
    haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

Imagine pulling a slightly above average portal class and puffing your chest.

Wait until Oregon is finished.

SC fans were not sorry to see Goforth go.

Imagine not being able to shine at LB there.

Talent acquisition. It means you can out-evalauate your peers.

By your standards Oregon should haven't beat Washington by 20+. But scouting, talent development. It matters.

We got the players we wanted.

You're a low info white trash rock breaker in East Vancouver. It's hilarious to all of us that live in the area and make real money.
    MELTDOWN!

Careful HaieJan, you're approaching Damone crash and burn territory.
    MELTDOWN!

🤣🍺
    haie said:

MELTDOWN!

🤣🍺

Call Damone, he can talk you down. I'm just having fun here today. Watching you lose your shit over Oregon killing it with this class, not done, and you having to talk about getting the "guys you wanted" is so Doog. Sounds like Dawgman rationalizing. Enjoy next year because after that you're just Average Joe U.
    46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

MELTDOWN!

🤣🍺

Call Damone, he can talk you down. I'm just having fun here today. Watching you lose your shit over Oregon killing it with this class, not done, and you having to talk about getting the "guys you wanted" is so Doog. Sounds like Dawgman rationalizing. Enjoy next year because after that you're just Average Joe U.
    Yeah, I'm losing my shit over some tbs stuff I've never followed while celebrating being the best team in the Pac 12 😆🍺
    haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

MELTDOWN!

🤣🍺

Yeah, I'm losing my shit over some tbs stuff I've never followed while celebrating being the best team in the Pac 12 😆🍺
    Hey everyone, we were the tallest midget in the Pac-12 this year.

At least I admit Oregon was average at best and they handed a 3 point win to uw.

WINNING!
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,542 Founders Club
    16 have left Ewegene so far. I don't follow this stupid portal shit closely, but it's good enough for top 10 or so. Who can blame them for fleeing?

16 have left Ewegene so far. I don't follow this stupid portal shit closely, but it's good enough for top 10 or so. Who can blame them for fleeing?

Imagine not understanding that this is a good thing. When you're signing over 30 in this class. It's okay Bill, HaieJan gave you points.
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    Bill is not the brightest bulb.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    trublue said:

Bill is not the brightest bulb.

If true @trueblu, that's right up your alley. "If it's dim, I'm in. If it's cold, I go in bold" -- @trublue

@PurpleBaze
    You should be a comedienne, Basewoman.

I’m sure there’s a market for dark humor among the Husky faithful.

Be sure to work Kevin Ware and Ted Bundy into your routine.
  • WRDawgWRDawg Member Posts: 55
    Imagine not understanding that this is a good thing. When you're signing over 30 in this class. It's okay Bill, HaieJan gave you points.

Hopefully you can find 11 starters out of that bumper crop. The struggle has been real for the last 4-5 top 15 classes you’ve signed.
    True, WRDawg.

Seems like the current regime, like the previous one, is focused on recruiting stars more than anything.

It appears not much thought is given to how they fit into the overall program and vision; and very little coaching up at some of the positions IMHO.

The offensive line was a main emphasis under Meat and was well-coached.

There has been quite a bit of turnover in coaching ranks since 2017 - head coaches, coordinators and position coaches.

2017 - Taggart

2018 - 2021 Meat with two OCs and two DCs. One OC/DC left to become head coaches.
    Arroyo to UNLV & Avalos to Boise State.

2023 - The Dan Lanning era began, which led to pretty much a complete revamping of coaching staff and shakeup of players on the roster.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,542 Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

Sorry, I don't drool over athletic teenaged boys as much as you do.

46XiJCAB said:

Sorry, I don't drool over athletic teenaged boys as much as you do.
    Bill is coping.
    WRDawg said:

Hopefully you can find 11 starters out of that bumper crop. The struggle has been real for the last 4-5 top 15 classes you’ve signed.

Well a five year overall record of 45-16 isn’t terrible.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,576 Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

WRDawg said:

9-3

Sounds about right
    edited January 2023

46XiJCAB said:

WRDawg said:

9-3

Sounds about right

10-3, 10-4, 4-3, 12-2, 9-4. But still.