Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

On or off. Are you on the Deboer train or off it?

Comments

• Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bump.....Thread of record
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2023
    Let’s waiti till he has to replace a generation QB before we crow his ass. A lot of shit coaches went the distance with generation QB
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

I was the lead promoter (pumper?) of DeBoer and I mostly like his hires. Courtney Morgan was a great get. Beckterfield too. I trust his judgement on Huff and Adams, especially because Adams kept JB and Boston in the fold and Huff / Morgan should keep Big Josh home.

Would love to see Juice Brown get a good corner and safety for this class. Beckterfield / Morgan need to nab that DL from CA who is currently committed to Michigan.

I see a Pac-12 North title in year 2 or 3.

Just reminding you all that I was the lead pumper for DeBoer. FIRST AND RIGHT.
    #stillbeatingdemeatfordeboer
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,875
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

I missed a lot of these early Deboer threads.

I'm an OG grower for Deboer

#MeToo

The magnetic pull of the Tug had me locked down.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,026
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

I still have a questions about Grundle’s deep-seated hatred for the Dutch, who are in the AP Top 10 for beautiful women on a per capita basis.

GRUNDLE is a true believer that beauty goes more than skin deep.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,306
    Founders Club

TheHB said:

I still have a questions about Grundle’s deep-seated hatred for the Dutch, who are in the AP Top 10 for beautiful women on a per capita basis.

I have my reasons
    Related somehow to lacrosse, no doubt
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,306
    Founders Club

On the train, seated by an emergency exit. because trusting UW or Amtrak is a terrible idea

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Washington_train_derailment

@fouchpotato is an underrated handle
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

Let’s waiti till he has to replace a generation QB before we crow his ass. A lot of shit coaches went the distance with generation QB

Other way around. Let's wait until he doesn't turn a limping has-been or a P5 castaway into a Heisman contender before we assume he can't keep doing it.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

TheHB said:

I have my reasons
    Related somehow to lacrosse, no doubt
    If it only it were so simple. Generational blood-debt.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    It’s been one season. LIPO. The schedule next season will be a greater test. Objectively the defense still needs work, they need to tackle better and while the offense was very solid it had a few chinks in the armor (not of the chin subtype) that were occasionally exposed.

I think what impressed me most beyond Big Penix Energy was Deboner brought the team together, they believe they should win, and in the trenches they became formidable by the end of the season. Texas fans point to being down a starting running back in their Alamo Bowl loss, but what I saw was dominant play at the LOS by the Huskies on both sides of the ball. They pushed Texas around and brilliantly ran long scoring drives. That is the foundation for a football team that can win at a high level.

My view is I generally like what I see a lot. Deboer could become another Don James, but it’s way too soon to tell.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,284
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    McBeefery needs some serious credit, Jimmy had them averaging 332lbs and not ready to rumble, Ron came in and got the boys in shape