Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,479
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    JECARJECAR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I’m just excited for the days when we? all come full circle and hate him again. Can we? get a pole going to see when that happens?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    JECAR said:

I’m just excited for the days when we? all come full circle and hate him again. Can we? get a pole going to see when that happens?

Your new pole is as good as mine
  • Options
    ClevdawgClevdawg Member Posts: 118
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    When the day comes. Pay that man
  • Options
    When the UW head football coach makes more than Oregon State and Minnesota gophers I might listen to you.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,507
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Clevdawg said:

When the UW head football coach makes more than Oregon State and Minnesota gophers I might listen to you.

Jesus Christ.
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    Clevdawg said:

You’re giving the leopard jacket a lot of credit for business acumen right now.
  • Options
    The Washington job given the revenue generated should pay at a top 20 level. Why? the athletic department revenue is top 20 in the country. And at times top 10. When Oregon State makes a larger financial commitment to their head football coach than the UW. It demonstrates the UW’s priorities. I want UW to prioritize the football program. More to the point, if you’re capable of reading. Which by all accounts you might be to aid your understanding of correlation coefficient between coaching salaries, athletic department revenue and winning percentage.

Grab a cocktail and enjoy the article

Journal of Applied Business and Economics Vol. 22(1) 2020
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Clevdawg said:

You've embarrassed yourself enough with your takes on his pay.

If UW has another top 10 season he is going to get a raise to somewhere around 6 million. His closest assistant is making 2 million, top 3 in the country. Did you see our offensive booth at the Alamo Bowl? There are like 15 guys on our staff in support roles just in the fucking booth.

Money is not going to be an issue. If DeBoer was going to leverage UW into going somewhere else, he would've left for Nebraska this year.

The only scenario that scares me is Harbaugh going to the NFL, and Michigan offering DeBoer something like 10 million a year.

Even then I bet UW would match and he'd only leave if he wanted to go back to the frozen hellscape of the midwest

Edit: Ryan Day getting shit canned or leaving would also worry me a bit
    Haven’t coaches figured out that Nebraska is a shitty job yet? I think they have and doubt Deboner is dumb enough to take that jerb.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Clevdawg said:

You've embarrassed yourself enough with your takes on his pay.

If UW has another top 10 season he is going to get a raise to somewhere around 6 million. His closest assistant is making 2 million, top 3 in the country. Did you see our offensive booth at the Alamo Bowl? There are like 15 guys on our staff in support roles just in the fucking booth.

Money is not going to be an issue. If DeBoer was going to leverage UW into going somewhere else, he would've left for Nebraska this year.

The only scenario that scares me is Harbaugh going to the NFL, and Michigan offering DeBoer something like 10 million a year.

Even then I bet UW would match and he'd only leave if he wanted to go back to the frozen hellscape of the midwest

Edit: Ryan Day getting shit canned or leaving would also worry me a bit
    Haven’t coaches figured out that Nebraska is a shitty job yet? I think they have and doubt Deboner is dumb enough to take that jerb.

Nebraska is fine. Pelini is the definition of mediocre and had them at 9 wins every year.

IDK why they hired Mike Riley, that was dumb and not surprising he had no success.

Frost was an excellent hire at the time it was made, but didn't work out and apparently was Sark 2.0 there with boozing and womenizing.

I fully expect Rhule to have them winning the B1G West most every year.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Clevdawg said:

The Washington job given the revenue generated should pay at a top 20 level. Why? the athletic department revenue is top 20 in the country. And at times top 10. When Oregon State makes a larger financial commitment to their head football coach than the UW. It demonstrates the UW’s priorities. I want UW to prioritize the football program. More to the point, if you’re capable of reading. Which by all accounts you might be to aid your understanding of correlation coefficient between coaching salaries, athletic department revenue and winning percentage.

Grab a cocktail and enjoy the article

Journal of Applied Business and Economics Vol. 22(1) 2020

You really shouldn't make snarky comments about anybody's ability to read with writing like that. I'm sure you can do better, but man that's bad.

What OSU paying smith more than UW pays Deboer tells me is that they're getting less for their money by a lot. They're thrilled with 9 wins and occasionally beating Oregon and are overpaying for it.

You're applying history, which is fine, but being and presumptuous about UWs priorities and trying to shoe horn this coach salary example in at a really illogical time. Deboer exceeded expectations and got a bump. If he progresses next year he'll get another. If he succeeds like all of us currently dooging think, he'll be among the top salaried coaches in the country before long.

Would it be more in line with your business acumen if UW was paying Matt Campbell 7.5 million to be about as good as Jonathon Smith at best?

You're criticizing UW for making a stellar hire from a lower level and getting good value for at least two years. Why would they have paid him more than he was willing to accept and more than the market dictates for someone with his credentials? It's a weird idea.
    He also flat out ignores facts like Grubb's salary, the amount of staff we have in support roles, and the NIL money we are throwing around.
    Kinda feeling like a troll job, to be honest. I think it's time to disengage.
  • Options
    HHBruhHHBruh Member Posts: 497
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If you’re racist and you know it clap your hands
    FireCohen said:

The difference between Deboner and Lake is night and day………ISAFNRC