Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ohio State morons crying about UW (and others) tampering with Emeka Egbuka

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fuckin A

This is Bizarro World

I was right. godawgst, not so much.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Fuckin A

This is Bizarro World

That's right UW in a year has went from we don't want to play in the NIL waters, to outbidding 1 of the 4 Mount Rushmore Programs in CFB for Keinholtz and Emeka

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2022
    godawgst said:

haie said:

Fuckin A

This is Bizarro World

That's right UW in a year has went from we don't want to play in the NIL waters, to outbidding 1 of the 4 Mount Rushmore Programs in CFB for Keinholtz and Emeka

Incredibly dumb.

Your argument just aligns with Jimmy being an asshole no one wanted to work or play for besides Bradley Hiles who we paid because he thought he only needed the whole left by Molden filled to have a great team.

Presley, the Oklahoma State corner, the TE who we beat Utah (who actually has the NIL program you thought UW had) for?

Take the L.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I judge the AD solely on football and I have to say that Jen has me thinking and caring about it again

The hire of DeBoer whether skill or luck was great. I'll say it after 13 games

Giving raises and buying players is great

Can't wait to hate her when 5-7 is in play but I can't hate her now

She's arrogant and can't read the room in her interviews. The fans should hate her for Jimmy and Hopkins. The way she was after firing Jimmy I'm skeptical Petersen didn't influence that decision. He probably did think it would work out having continuity with their higher ranked classes coming in.

But the staff loves her and gives the impression they have everything they need to put it together, which is all that matters.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Could you imagine, Rome, Emeka, and Jalen. Christ.

Saving this for later...
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

So Hop still needs fired, Ramming was the worst fucking hire any AD has ever made, but... are we at risk of owing Cohen an apology?

Obviously, this is all based off of unsubstantiated Twitter rumors, but it sure seems like HH was playing Checkers while some 4D chess was going on behind the scenes. If this isn't all smoke and mirrors, there is a laundry list of bad takes that would make TSIO blush upstream on this board:

DeBoner hire meltdown: They got a better record win percentage than Lincoln Riley without filling their boots with concrete with a ridiculous contract hit if he's a dud. No way Campbell or Aranda would have gotten 11 wins, let alone beaten that record. And she waited to pay him until AFTER he proved himself.

MWC assistant staff meltdown: They seem fine. Even the defense got dramatically better over the course of the year, and that's with nearly zero in the back end. Best tackling of the season was in the very last game. Promising. OC is now the highest paid assistant in the conference.

Losing Haener meltdown: Enough said.

Recruiting meltdown: Losing JTT and Emeka was a kick to the nuts, and high school recruiting in general still seems average at best. aOSU still picked his pocket with the only QB in the class, which is disturbing. That being said, they did kick ass with the biggest position group of need this class (DB) and are ace recruiters when it comes to the "ten-star" recruits, getting seemingly all eligible players to come back. Also, focus seems to be more on proven portal players than unproven high school kids, and DeBoner seems willing to suddenly portal to help the skwaad. Oh, and Penix. Probably helps to have...

Pathetic NIL "we're not a big time program" meltdown: I still don't believe for a second that UW is outpaying aOSU. No way. But there's still a lot of smoke out there suggesting UW is open for business. Bigly. Why this may not have apparent at first, and whether this is smart is debatable, but UW seems to be focusing a lot harder on portal players with NIL dollars. Pay the proven players to come here instead of blowing a wad on a kid who will never see the field.

Karen Ramming meltdown: It can't be overstated how insane it was to hire that woman to do absolutely nothing but promote her wannabe Instagram celebrity ego. Firing her and replacing her with somebody competent is a positive data point now, but still leaves a bad taste that the hire was ever made in the first place and allowed to fester for so long.

UW will be a preseason top-10 team. The same preseason-rankings-carrying-teams-through-December bullshit that we complain about every year will finally be in our? favor. There isn't a data point out there right now that would suggest that UW's football program doesn't have its shit together. It's... kind of weird.

lmao have you ever seen those polls uw will be like 20