Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A big tip of the cap to the UW coaches

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,336 Founders Club
The way our defense looked so crappy through much of the year, and the fear we all had when opponents dropped back to throw.... But as the season progressed, the coaches clearly did their jobs coaching up the kids, coaching up the DBs, instilling confidence, instilling improvement... If you would have told me in October that we would be playing Texas in a bowl game and the Longhorns would only have 3 points at halftime, I would have bet good $$$ against that happening.

Just a tremendous job by Inge/Morrell and the coaches and players on defense to get better. So very impressive.

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    it is all about the HC, looks like we got one. we lucked into one no thanks to @FireCohen
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,896 Founders Club

I’ve been saying all year that their Fresno defense improved by 10 points in year two. I was always in LIPO mode. 15 games, 18 tops and I’ll know for sure.

Is 5-7 still in play?
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,332 Swaye's Wigwam
    Well said Derek.

Guys were completely out of position at the very beginning of the year…… they really did look. Absolutely clueless. They started to figure out figure it out and that defensive line. What a phenomenal job they did.

That being said. Adios to to cam bright. I still don’t know how he can’t cover a running back coming out of the backfield.

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

it is all about the HC, looks like we got one. we lucked into one no thanks to @FireCohen

Credit where credit is due. NIL is humming and she plucked what looks to be the best HC from an insane coaching carousel in 2021.
    he was not our primary option. it was dumb luck. I guess i will give her credit for being lucky
    Better to be lucky than good
    damn straight. Story of Sark's life. Wish I had that level of luck.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,162
    FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Credit where credit is due. NIL is humming and she plucked what looks to be the best HC from an insane coaching carousel in 2021.
    he was not our primary option. it was dumb luck. I guess i will give her credit for being lucky
    Winners win. Jen is winning at the moment.

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

true
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,424 Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Now we just need to fire Hopkins
  • flatusflatus Member Posts: 910
    You had 81% of your readership at "big tip".

I clicked.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,895 Swaye's Wigwam
    Sources said:

I think the defensive coaches did ok. We’ll see if they’re worth anything in year 2 but as has been said, the recruiting and portal results show where they’re putting emphasis for improvement.

I gotta say, I’m pulling for improvement because I like Inge from what I’ve seen of him online.

Pics?
    www.onlyfans.com/BigWillieInge