Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Penix still has a hardon for UW...

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    trublue said:

trublue said:

Your program has benefitted more than any maybe from QBs coming back for no reason let's be real. I almost feel like a hypocrite for celebrating this I've groused about Mariota and Herbert's extra year so much.

Since when did Herbert leaving early become an issue? After he blew up in the NFL?

Herbert was local (Sheldon HS, Eugene, OR); a legacy; a 3-sport athlete in high school; academic; played on terrible teams his first two years at Oregon; never redshirted.

There was never any serious talk about Herbert entering the draft after his (true) junior season.

Good for Penix for coming back for another year. Hopefully, UW can get him a terrific NIL deal and start the Heisman campaign.

Herbert absolutely did not have to come back for his senior year. All mocks had him going really high. He was basically the next year's Josh Allen. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2773297-2019-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-way-too-early-predictions

Most QBs in Mariota's situation would have left after their sophomore year. He was a Top 10 lock. Bortles went #3 in 2014.

Both coming back when they didn't need to was super fortunate and massively helped the program.

To be fair, so was Locker returning when he didn't need to in 2010.
    Mariota and Herbert are not your average D-1 QBs. These two actually did the education part of attending a University.; loved the University of Oregon and the football program.

Josh Allen - different dude. Dumbfuck academically (Reedley, CA JC); transferred to Wyoming. Great size and arm strength. He was projected a high draft pick based on his size and arm strength not what he accomplished college. Dude was just trying to stay eligible.

Herbert staying his senior year was never in doubt considering the family he came from. It turned out to be a great decision for him and the Ducks. He could have left early and been drafted by Cincinnati.

Mariota came back his last year to get his degree.

It’s great for UW having Penix come back. Now he needs a good insurance policy (in case he gets injured).

Ah yes, Mariota, the academically prowessed QB who graduated with a general science degree (with an emphasis in the always-rigorous discipline of human physiology!) and a 3.2 GPA. Truly a model in football players who come to play school.

Herbert, OTOH, does appear to have been a legitimately good student. A 4.0 with a degree in biology is no joke.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Whenever I want to know what major/GPA Oregon ducks football players have I know I can find the info from you guys😘
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

trublue said:

What’s the matter with:
    Terrific NIL deal;
    Heisman Campaign; and
    Insurance policy.

Ifo was injured in preparation for a bowl game after his senior season.

Ifo didn’t have the option of a NIL deal.

His family collected $3M from the insurance policy. Chump change today.

Problem is Ifo always was never that good and was overrated. Classic case of guy who got some random interceptions one year and then got a bunch of preseason accolades after that and then media is dumb and lazy and just runs with it. Sidney Jones torn his achilles right before the draft and still went second round. Penix aint Ifo bro.
    That's not quite how I remember it. Kid was a shutdown corner and teams threw away from him, even though he was a Duck. You're right about Philly with Jones, which they now know was a mistake. They, the NFL, do make them, without question.

But I agree with your main point: Penix isn't a corner, where knee, ankle and other lower extremity tendons are more key to their job performance.
  • Options
    You all know what really happened in this thread, don't you? Penix is now tripled jinxed and will likely go down with a shoulder separation that requires surgery. And perhaps a severe injury to his penix.

Or he won't.

Or he will.

#imreallynotthatsuperstitious

@RaceBannon @MikeSeaver
  • Options

He's going to he a Heisman favorite and we're fucking doomed

Enjoy the off season natty

If I understand the rules:

if I agree with you, it probably won't happen; but if

I don't agree with you, then the Penix is doomed.

Do I have this right gentlemen?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    thechatch said:

Whenever I want to know what major/GPA Oregon ducks football players have I know I can find the info from you guys😘

Your Netscape browser should still have google
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,378
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Google Heisman campaigns at Washington

Not pretty

At all

Nip was one in 1994. And that was one of the better ones
  • Options

Not pretty

At all

Don't you mean "Nap", as I used to call him in HS? Before I became a D1 athlete at Colorado?

Jesus why do I remember shit like that from literally 20 years ago and I can't remember my passwords.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not pretty

At all

Don't you mean "Nap", as I used to call him in HS? Before I became a D1 athlete at Colorado?

Jesus why do I remember shit like that from literally 20 years ago and I can't remember my passwords.
    Because the act of creating a password is always part of some poorly thought out UX where the user is like "just get me what I want fuck this"

It's always short changed.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Goduckies said:

Darn lol. Good kid

Fat Uber driver with the ZINGER!
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

trublue said:

What’s the matter with:
    Terrific NIL deal;
    Heisman Campaign; and
    Insurance policy.

Problem is Ifo always was never that good and was overrated. Classic case of guy who got some random interceptions one year and then got a bunch of preseason accolades after that and then media is dumb and lazy and just runs with it. Sidney Jones torn his achilles right before the draft and still went second round. Penix aint Ifo bro.
    That's not quite how I remember it. Kid was a shutdown corner and teams threw away from him, even though he was a Duck. You're right about Philly with Jones, which they now know was a mistake. They, the NFL, do make them, without question.

But I agree with your main point: Penix isn't a corner, where knee, ankle and other lower extremity tendons are more key to their job performance.
    At least you were paying attention. Ifo was an excellent corner and had a good career ahead of him. Should have pulled a Rapp.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,529
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2022
    46XiJCAB said:

trublue said:

What’s the matter with:
    Terrific NIL deal;
    Heisman Campaign; and
    Insurance policy.

At least you were paying attention. Ifo was an excellent corner and had a good career ahead of him. Should have pulled a Rapp.
    You're both funny. Short and stiff. Guys who were really good who tear an ACL drop a round or two, not go in the 7th and only make it two years. I literally remember teams picking at him and he had a lot of PBUs and ints because people threw at him so much.

I'm mostly wasting my time on this shit because he's my number one accolades but not really a guy, guy. Always though Troy Hill was super good. I'm not just against Oregon players.

This "highlight reel" speaks for itself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcui8k0DLMA
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2022

trublue said:

trublue said:

Your program has benefitted more than any maybe from QBs coming back for no reason let's be real. I almost feel like a hypocrite for celebrating this I've groused about Mariota and Herbert's extra year so much.

Since when did Herbert leaving early become an issue? After he blew up in the NFL?

Herbert was local (Sheldon HS, Eugene, OR); a legacy; a 3-sport athlete in high school; academic; played on terrible teams his first two years at Oregon; never redshirted.

There was never any serious talk about Herbert entering the draft after his (true) junior season.

Good for Penix for coming back for another year. Hopefully, UW can get him a terrific NIL deal and start the Heisman campaign.

Herbert absolutely did not have to come back for his senior year. All mocks had him going really high. He was basically the next year's Josh Allen. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2773297-2019-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-way-too-early-predictions

Most QBs in Mariota's situation would have left after their sophomore year. He was a Top 10 lock. Bortles went #3 in 2014.

Both coming back when they didn't need to was super fortunate and massively helped the program.

Mariota and Herbert are not your average D-1 QBs. These two actually did the education part of attending a University.; loved the University of Oregon and the football program.

Josh Allen - different dude. Dumbfuck academically (Reedley, CA JC); transferred to Wyoming. Great size and arm strength. He was projected a high draft pick based on his size and arm strength not what he accomplished college. Dude was just trying to stay eligible.

Herbert staying his senior year was never in doubt considering the family he came from. It turned out to be a great decision for him and the Ducks. He could have left early and been drafted by Cincinnati.

It’s great for UW having Penix come back. Now he needs a good insurance policy (in case he gets injured).

Ah yes, Mariota, the academically prowessed QB who graduated with a general science degree (with an emphasis in the always-rigorous discipline of human physiology!) and a 3.2 GPA. Truly a model in football players who come to play school.

Herbert, OTOH, does appear to have been a legitimately good student. A 4.0 with a degree in biology is no joke.
    Where did I say Mariota was “academically prowessef”?

Mariota wasn’t “academically gifted” He worked hard in school and part of the reason he stayed was to get his degree (and most likely please his parents). He allegedly was a frequent visitor at the Jacques Center utilizing the services of academic advisors.

Good thing his parents wouldn’t let him switch his commitment from Oregon to UW. He obviously never would have hacked it academically at UW playing for the Sarkman.

Herbert majored in pre-med (I believe) his first two or three years. Had a 4.2 GPA. He switched to Biology and graduated in four years.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    trublue said:

trublue said:

trublue said:

Where did I say Mariota was “academically prowessef”?

Mariota wasn’t “academically gifted” He worked hard in school and part of the reason he stayed was to get his degree (and most likely please his parents). He allegedly was a frequent visitor at the Jacques Center utilizing the services of academic advisors.

Good thing his parents wouldn’t let him switch his commitment from Oregon to UW. He obviously never would have hacked it academically at UW playing for the Sarkman.

Herbert majored in pre-med (I believe) his first two or three years. Had a 4.2 GPA. He switched to Biology and graduated in four years.
    Herbert's parents wanted him to go to UW. Pete was a fucking idiot, per usual.
  • Options
    UW was way late to the party . . .

• Options

46XiJCAB said:

trublue said:

What’s the matter with:
    Terrific NIL deal;
    Heisman Campaign; and
    Insurance policy.

You're both funny. Short and stiff. Guys who were really good who tear an ACL drop a round or two, not go in the 7th and only make it two years. I literally remember teams picking at him and he had a lot of PBUs and ints because people threw at him so much.

I'm mostly wasting my time on this shit because he's my number one accolades but not really a guy, guy. Always though Troy Hill was super good. I'm not just against Oregon players.

This "highlight reel" speaks for itself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcui8k0DLMA
    Oh, no, of course not. I would never suggest anything of the sort.

But I don't remember anybody literally or figuratively picking on him. Of course, few if any cornerbacks literally never get thrown at, though some figuratively never do. I would suppose a highlight reel put together presumably for his benefit would tend to focus on the times he was thrown at. Otherwise, there's nothing to see. At any rate, if he had a lot of PUBES, then I think that means he was pretty good, at least down here in regular guy takes. ACL seems like a pretty big bitch for a corner. I'm not sure what your universe of "guys who were really good" is and I'm not sure why the guy with the super foreign-sounding name dropped so far and whether that truly means anything. But I do know he was really good in college and was projected as a first round pick, all this despite being an Oregon Duck.

Please don't take my disagreement with you as any attempt to impugn your good character. It's just that I've learned on HCH and, before it, Doogman, to do a full George Costanza on most hot inside expertise message board football takes to have any chance at getting it close to being right, since I don't earn my living making football decisions. Said another way, if I were a gambler and I used this place as a source for even 1/3 of my information, I'd be dead.

But I like to accentuate the positive and therefore hasten to add that you and I have two super important things in common: we both grew up in shitholes, and we're both pretty fucking handsome, though my shithole is a little shittier than yours, and I'm much more handsome than your average Sears catalog model. So, assuming you just made the cut for Sears, it balances out.
  • Options

trublue said:

What’s the matter with:
    Terrific NIL deal;
    Heisman Campaign; and
    Insurance policy.

I’ll take the opinion of his coach, John Neal, over yours.

Neal developed many players that weren’t highly recruited into players that had decent NFL careers: Patrick Chung, Jairus Byrd, TJ Ward, WT III, Terrence Mitchell, Troy Hill.

Ifo was the only 4• recruit among this list.
  • Options
    edited December 2022

46XiJCAB said:

trublue said:

What’s the matter with:
    Terrific NIL deal;
    Heisman Campaign; and
    Insurance policy.

Problem is Ifo always was never that good and was overrated. Classic case of guy who got some random interceptions one year and then got a bunch of preseason accolades after that and then media is dumb and lazy and just runs with it. Sidney Jones torn his achilles right before the draft and still went second round. Penix aint Ifo bro. </blockquote

NFL draft expert Mel Kiper Jr. of ESPN rated Ekpre-Olomu as the top senior cornerback available in the 2015 NFL draft. However, an anterior cruciate ligament injury (ACL) he suffered in December 2014 during practice left many teams no longer interested in him..espn.go.com/nfl/draft2015/story/_/id/11065987/mel-kiper-early-ranking-top-cornerback-prospects-2015-nfl-draft. Ekpre-Olomu later revealed that he had also dislocated his knee. He underwent two major reconstructive surgeries, with his ACL reconstruction being much more extensive than usual. An insurance policy taken out by his family through International Specialty Insurance disability insurance program paid him $3 million.
  • Options
    NFL draft expert Mel Kiper Jr. of ESPN rated Ekpre-Olomu as the top senior cornerback available in the 2015 NFL draft.

However, an anterior cruciate ligament injury (ACL) he suffered in December 2014 during practice left many teams no longer interested in him. Ekpre-Olomu later revealed that he had also dislocated his knee. He underwent two major reconstructive surgeries, with his ACL reconstruction being much more extensive than usual.