Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Penix returning for 2023

1235»

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

this is about 1000x better than locker

this kid can actually throw the football, locker should have been a safety
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,338 Founders Club
    LawDawg1 said:

Kid should have at least held out for a week to get some NIL cash

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,779 Founders Club

Swaye said:

Wonder if Huard sticks around? Just realized I don't care. Portal in some defensive help and fucking win now. 2023 is Rose Bowl or bust. Penix is legend.

I hope he does. Fans still bring him up nonstop and many are really rooting for him. They still think he has great arm talent.They can’t put the pieces together. Dylan Morris is pretty bad. Sam Huard has been behind him the whole time and was couldn’t have played much worse.

He’s kinda small, arm isn’t all that strong, not very mobile, and a little robotic. Oh but he has nice touch on his deep ball. We are trying to play Elite QB’s at UW. Maybe he ends up average, but the eye test and most signs point to him not being a good QB.
    I've always thought Huards ceiling is Kellen Moore. A great college QB. If he doesn't have all the qualities that made Moore elite between the ears then he's destined to disappoint. Moore was a very good QB as a RS freshman at Boise. The clock is ticking on Huard and it doesn't look good IMO. That said, if anyone can coax greatness out of Huard it's DeBoer. Leaving would be silly unless he transfers to the Big Sky.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club

The Penix rises!

Isn't that a desert thing? Maybe just maybe he can get us a win there?
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club
    Nobody expected 10-2 this year. Odd that it would disappoint next year.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,149
    Swaye said:

Wonder if Huard sticks around? Just realized I don't care. Portal in some defensive help and fucking win now. 2023 is Rose Bowl or bust. Penix is legend.

He needs to LEAVE to open up a roster spot for someone who can actually get on the field.
  • RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 816 Founders Club

Swaye said:

I hope he does. Fans still bring him up nonstop and many are really rooting for him. They still think he has great arm talent.They can’t put the pieces together. Dylan Morris is pretty bad. Sam Huard has been behind him the whole time and was couldn’t have played much worse.

He’s kinda small, arm isn’t all that strong, not very mobile, and a little robotic. Oh but he has nice touch on his deep ball. We are trying to play Elite QB’s at UW. Maybe he ends up average, but the eye test and most signs point to him not being a good QB.
    I've always thought Huards ceiling is Kellen Moore. A great college QB. If he doesn't have all the qualities that made Moore elite between the ears then he's destined to disappoint. Moore was a very good QB as a RS freshman at Boise. The clock is ticking on Huard and it doesn't look good IMO. That said, if anyone can coax greatness out of Huard it's DeBoer. Leaving would be silly unless he transfers to the Big Sky.
    Classic example of a kid with every available resource, played HS ball in a weak league, inflated numbers and name led to 5*. He won't see meaningful snaps at UW, Huard Legacy at UW is in the deep rearview. Penix ---> Keinholz

• dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,357
    I would like to see Huard be a serviceable backup that could run the offense should Penix miss a game or two. We need a good RB to take pressure off the offense. If Huard will never be the guy i hate to see him rot on the sidelines instead of starting for a mid major program and have some fun before his football career is over..
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,713
    RTD said:

Swaye said:

Classic example of a kid with every available resource, played HS ball in a weak league, inflated numbers and name led to 5*. He won't see meaningful snaps at UW, Huard Legacy at UW is in the deep rearview. Penix ---> Keinholz

This offense should actually suit him well, but yeah there is no way he could carry the load that penix does. He would need an all conference back to be successful imo.

KDB and grubb are likely addicted to velocity on intermediate passes which Sam can’t do.

Swaye said:

If you can’t overtake Dylan by now (who can’t throw for shit), you must suck. Was hoping because of his dad and uncle he would be decent
    RoadTrip said:

Nobody expected 10-2 this year. Odd that it would disappoint next year.

Owe and twelve is still a possibility for next year