Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

USC's loss the costliest since...

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,567 Founders Club

haie said:

Pac 12 weak with almost half the teams ranked in the top 17?

WSU, Cal, Stanford, Colorado, Arizona and Arizona State all would have struggled even if they played in the Mountain West.
    WSU might not beat both Boise State or Fresno State (but they might split), but they would be at least 6-3. I don't really know how many games the MW plays and I don't care enough to look it up.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,824 Swaye's Wigwam
    B1G is pretty overrated
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    edited December 2022

I'm sure there are others, but the '82 Huskies only had to beat the Cougs to be 10-1 and Rose Bowl-bound with a #5 national ranking.

Instead, they ended up playing Maryland in the Aloha Bowl.

USC had to beat Utah and they're in the national playoff.

Instead, they lose the playoff, the Rose Bowl bid, and will end up someplace second rate.

Ouch.

But it also speaks to how weak the Pac-12 is overall.

SC will end up in a NY6 bowl. Book it.

And the year before, you cost the Cougs only chance to reach the Rose Bowl in 65 years.
  • NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    edited December 2022
    I believe everything that needed to happen to get UW to CCG happened except Cal failed to beat UCLA, correct?

...Basically even when we don't lose to Cal, we still lose because of Cal.

And of course none of it happens if the program didn't insist on stepping on its own dick almost every tim they visit the desert. Enough of this bullshit already.

Then this pathetic conference managed to knock themselves out of the playoff for 6 straight years. Two bids in nine fucking years.

TL;dr - fuck Cal, fuck Bitchfork, fuck Pac-12, FYFMFE.

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam

I believe everything that needed to happen to get UW to CCG happened except Cal failed to beat UCLA, correct?

...Basically even when we don't lose to Cal, we still lose because of Cal.

And of course none of it happens if the program didn't insist on stepping on its own dick almost every tim they visit the desert. Enough of this bullshit already.

Then this pathetic conference managed to knock themselves out of the playoff for 6 straight years. Two bids in nine fucking years.

TL;dr - fuck Cal, fuck Bitchfork, fuck Pac-12, FYFMFE.

Add Cal to the Utah and ASU collection of cocks that SalemCuog, tru, 46x, and Mike Server are in line to blow.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,975
    edited December 2022
    Goduckies said:

haie said:

I'm sure there are others, but the '82 Huskies only had to beat the Cougs to be 10-1 and Rose Bowl-bound with a #5 national ranking.

Instead, they ended up playing Maryland in the Aloha Bowl.

USC had to beat Utah and they're in the national playoff.

Instead, they lose the playoff, the Rose Bowl bid, and will end up someplace second rate.

Ouch.

But it also speaks to how weak the Pac-12 is overall.

Not sure how Pac12 teams beating other Pac12 proves the league is weak.

Not saying it isn’t but I don’t think you’re using the appropriate data points.
    Probably just that the conference did everything they could to get a team into the playoffs but the top of the conference wasn't deserving of the national stage.

SC has had underwhelming games all season with the exception of UCLA. Not on the same level as 2016 UW.
    UW was a joke in 16in the cfp
    UW led part of the game against Alabama, and then was only down 10 points well into the 4th quarter. They were outmatched but showed they belong. Stop acting like they lost 49-3.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    I’m honestly looking forward to the “committee” deciding to put in Bama. It’s one more example of why this whole process is pure bullshit.

PAC-12 deserves every anal probe it receives. Good teams win. Usc was spending all week going Marylyn Manson and ended up finishing themselves. The pac12 doing stupid shit like playing Friday night is yet another example of why we shouldn’t be a big boy conference. We move our game to an earlier date which fucks our own teams to “show” the national audience our football teams. It’s incredibly stupid and always backfires. No other major conference would skip days in the week for prep other than the pussy pac12.

Even the mountain west played at 4pm eastern on Saturday, but somehow pac is playing Friday night. Hopefully the new mormon in charge will realize that losing tv spots to the mountain west is embarrassing and will start putting football on within normal time slots as it benefits our conference as a whole.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,684 Founders Club

Pac 12 is weak and second rate with the way they handled the whole season. Fucking the north over on some bullshit tiebreaker. Bending over and spreading 'em for a team that has already given you the middle finger and said adios. Ignoring one of the legitimate best college football players in the country who you should have been hyping like a superstar. Just one fuck up after another. I'm so ready to be done with this bullshit "conference"

But I was told it was the conference of champions.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,684 Founders Club

I’m honestly looking forward to the “committee” deciding to put in Bama. It’s one more example of why this whole process is pure bullshit.

PAC-12 deserves every anal probe it receives. Good teams win. Usc was spending all week going Marylyn Manson and ended up finishing themselves. The pac12 doing stupid shit like playing Friday night is yet another example of why we shouldn’t be a big boy conference. We move our game to an earlier date which fucks our own teams to “show” the national audience our football teams. It’s incredibly stupid and always backfires. No other major conference would skip days in the week for prep other than the pussy pac12.

Even the mountain west played at 4pm eastern on Saturday, but somehow pac is playing Friday night. Hopefully the new mormon in charge will realize that losing tv spots to the mountain west is embarrassing and will start putting football on within normal time slots as it benefits our conference as a whole.

New mormon you say? Well they put $ in front of most everything so maybe. Then again, their state likes dipshits like Mittens so the more likely outcome is the mormon is some woke fuctard who promotes gender equity and chicks with dicks playing softball.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,293 Swaye's Wigwam
    Dennis Dixon losing his knee to Arizona was a pretty bad one. HTH.

• EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,919 Swaye's Wigwam

Goduckies said:

Goduckies said:

haie said:

WSU, Cal, Stanford, Colorado, Arizona and Arizona State all would have struggled even if they played in the Mountain West.
    And yet you lost to ASu
    living off of what other teams did? You guys couldn't beat us. Try harder. Better yet, be a true Duck fan and don't try at all. You still have the Yankees, Cowboys, and Lakers cheer for
    Yup for once this year we didn't beat you, so yes i had fun having the Rose Bowl torn away from your hearts...oh so close...
    It’s 3-3 over the last 6 games. Quit living in the past. Oregon’s 2014 playoff appearance is ancient history.
    Breaking news: Jameis Winston just scored again
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,102 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

So it was weak when it had a bunch of parity, and now it's weak when the top half is 2-3 loss teams and the bottom half is 2-3 win teams?

Ugh, WSU and Arizona would be toward the top of the mountain west. Cal would be over .500

Stanford and Colorado are both fcs
    We will agree to disagree,

How would you feel with USC, UCLA, UW, OSU or Utah going against the very best, like Michigan, Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, Alabama, etc.? We are not a strong league. I don't see any argument for it.

(Personally I think UW and Utah would have a 50/50 shot against LSU)
    Watching the games this weekend. , by the end of the season, UW and Penix would win the Big 12. They could have scored with Michigan. Would have beaten Beaten SC as bad or worse than Utah did. And would have gotten killed by Georgia.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club
    Having Utah, Kansas state, and Clemson all winning already dropped us 3 spots in the AP. We'll most likely remain outside the top11 of the playoff and not even qualify.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,580 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Having Utah, Kansas state, and Clemson all winning already dropped us 3 spots in the AP. We'll most likely remain outside the top11 of the playoff and not even qualify.
    Everything that could go wrong for us, did go wrong for us
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,677 Founders Club

Doogles said:

Everything that could go wrong for us, did go wrong for us
    #TheScript