Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hugh Millen just torched Kawasaki

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
edited September 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
Said, in all his years playing and watching football he has never seen a defensive scheme like Kawasaki's. On the two deep touchdown passes,he has never ever seen a scheme drawn up like that. Sounds like Kent Baer territory.

I guess we are learning how Kawasaki took a top a to 15 defense at Boise to 88th in no time.

Coach Pete isn't the only one burning bridges right Fetters?????????

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Hugh Millen is your source?

And the ole blame the assistants games is straight out of the doog playbook.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    edited September 2014
    dnc said:

Hugh Millen is your source?

And the ole blame the assistants games is straight out of the doog playbook.

Must be why Saban told Nussmeier to 'explore other opportunities'. When you have the right HC it's appropriate to criticize the assistants.
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,727 Swaye's Wigwam
    it's the old broken clock. Every once in a while Hugh and even doogs can be right.

LIFPO, but to assume that someone is wrong just because they are a doog is flawed thinking.

Nothing is straight black and white in this world.

(Yes, it's always about the blacks.)
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    There was a commercial on 710 flipped over to Mitch, and Mitch was going on about how there is no way Wilcox would have allowed 52pts against Eastern and then Hugh broke down Kawasaki's game plan saying he had never seen anything remotely like it.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    So what was the scheme that was so whack-a-do?
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    I love the criticism...because it's accurate. No fucking adjustments all game long. With a front-seven like ours, we should be able to do a better job masking the inexperience of three fucking DBs.

How can people disagree with this? Even Petersen said it's on the coaches: “We got to put the tape on first to really see what the heck went on and where our technique isn’t right. The first thing is, we’ve got to clean up some discipline things, without question. And then look at our scheme — hey are we putting our guys in the best chance possible to make plays or asking them to do something they can’t do? It always starts with us coaches; there’s no putting it on (them) — they gotta do this, they gotta do that. It’s starts with us, and we will. We’ll put it on our shoulders and analyze it and try to figure out how to put our guys in the best positions to make plays.” (from the Tacoma News Tribune blog.)

So far, kawasaki tongue's bag.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Passion said:

I love the criticism...because it's accurate. No fucking adjustments all game long. With a front-seven like ours, we should be able to do a better job masking the inexperience of three fucking DBs.

How can people disagree with this? Even Petersen said it's on the coaches: “We got to put the tape on first to really see what the heck went on and where our technique isn’t right. The first thing is, we’ve got to clean up some discipline things, without question. And then look at our scheme — hey are we putting our guys in the best chance possible to make plays or asking them to do something they can’t do? It always starts with us coaches; there’s no putting it on (them) — they gotta do this, they gotta do that. It’s starts with us, and we will. We’ll put it on our shoulders and analyze it and try to figure out how to put our guys in the best positions to make plays.” (from the Tacoma News Tribune blog.)

So far, kawasaki tongue's bag.

Of course it's on the coaches*. Pete hired the coaches. Ergo, it's on Pete.

*I never blame the kids.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,545 Swaye's Wigwam
    How about the fact that coach K doesn't have the experience of Ducre, Shamburger, and Parker back there to feel confident about so that he can dial up whatever the fuck he wants? I'm not saying he did a great job but jesus christ, think about the liabilities we had back there against a really good quarterback. The Huskies were trying to get everybody playing time except Lindquist/Williams and the fucking waterboy.
    banana and blondes, I never heard that part....Are you Hugh? There was no defending from what I heard.

Section 8 - yes I was cringing when he was talking about Ray Rice.
    HuskyJW said:

So what was the scheme that was so whack-a-do?

It was a scheme great for shallow crosses, but when you have 8 guys at your disposal because of 3 d-lineman, the scheme provided no safety help and it was a press coverage. Vern saw that and roasted the DB's. Essentially he said with 8 guys in the back end that was a crazy scheme to offer no help to the DB's. That's what I got out of it. I think Banana would call me a twister.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    jecornel said:

Said, in all his years playing and watching football he has never seen a defensive scheme like Kawasaki's. On the two deep touchdown passes,he has never ever seen a scheme drawn up like that. Sounds like Kent Baer territory.

I guess we are learning how Kawasaki took a top a to 15 defense at Boise to 88th in no time.

Coach Pete isn't the only one burning bridges right Fetters?????????

I guess he didn't watch the Holt defense?
  • QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162
    So Hugh hates asians too?