Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hugh Millen just torched Kawasaki

2»

Comments

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

So Hugh hates asiansPoles too?

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    haie said:

How about the fact that coach K doesn't have the experience of Ducre, Shamburger, and Parker back there to feel confident about so that he can dial up whatever the fuck he wants? I'm not saying he did a great job but jesus christ, think about the liabilities we had back there against a really good quarterback. The Huskies were trying to get everybody playing time except Lindquist/Williams and the fucking waterboy.

Shit you're right. The legendary trio of the undrafted Parker, Shamburger, and Ducre is nearly impossible to replace.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,549 Founders Club
    Kwiatcowski seems underwhelming, but on some of those throws, the coverage seemed adequate (maybe they weren't turning fast enough, I can't remember). It seemed like some really great throws too. Still, 52 pts. is insane no matter the d.c. I remember rationalizing Holt's bullshit during the 2011 Kal game. Fuck that, never again.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

jecornel said:

There was a commercial on 710 flipped over to Mitch, and Mitch was going on about how there is no way Wilcox would have allowed 52pts against Eastern and then Hugh broke down Kawasaki's game plan saying he had never seen anything remotely like it.

UW had 50 + points laid on them 3 times and 40+ 3 times under Wilcox. Not defending Kulamgowski, but the hero worship of Wilcox is a bit much.
    Only once at home, and never against an FCS school. Wilcox could scheme circles around Cuntkowski.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    jecornel said:

Said, in all his years playing and watching football he has never seen a defensive scheme like Kawasaki's. On the two deep touchdown passes,he has never ever seen a scheme drawn up like that. Sounds like Kent Baer territory.

I guess we are learning how Kawasaki took a top a to 15 defense at Boise to 88th in no time.

Coach Pete isn't the only one burning bridges right Fetters?????????

If Hugh thinks he sucks, he must actually be good.

I support the 94-12 coach over the racist QB with CTE.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    In this thread: A shit ton of drippy cunts who take preseason scrimmages way too fucking seriously.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    Jecornel is the worst poster on this board.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

Youre actually quite a bit off the mark here.
    Millen defended Twatkowski for the most part. Said that Adams was throwing perfect passes on all of those and talked about how all the guys who got beat (except for Peters) were in their first 2 years in the program. When Mitch made the point about Wilcox Millen said "yeah but they'd be in year 3 of his schemes. These guys are in game 2". If anything, Millen was in apologist mode towards Coach Twat (probably because he's white.

*your
  • kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    *You're...and FO, G
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    kh83 said:

*You're...and FO, G

*You're...and FO, B
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,547 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

How about the fact that coach K doesn't have the experience of Ducre, Shamburger, and Parker back there to feel confident about so that he can dial up whatever the fuck he wants? I'm not saying he did a great job but jesus christ, think about the liabilities we had back there against a really good quarterback. The Huskies were trying to get everybody playing time except Lindquist/Williams and the fucking waterboy.

Shit you're right. The legendary trio of the undrafted Parker, Shamburger, and Ducre is nearly impossible to replace.
    When did I say anything about talent? Unless you are an amazing player, you actually do need experience under your belt at DB. Simple fact. I'm not saying it should take all season long. Christ.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,547 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Sounds like we are so fucking young....
    DB != Receiver in terms of player development. But yes there is no excuse for Kelly and King to suck that much. I'm saving my judgement for after this game where probably Baker, Dixon, and Jones start.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,601
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Kikaha (2 sacks) and Shelton (6 sacks) need more help...what about the pass-rusher formerly known as Corey Littleton? I like having both Hudsons on the field against running teams but not when opposing teams have good QBs who sling it more than 35-40 times a game and Lunt is averaging 44 attempts in his first two games.

The scheme was vanilla, and the use of Kikaha was criminal. I don't give a fuck if he's in a stance or standing up, but he needs to be on the outside shoulder of the tackle and coming off the edge. That's what pass rushers and guys who get 13 sacks do. I'm not a fan of rushing 3 as often as we did either. 26 times is way too many. The Hudsons shouldn't be 2 of the 3 rushers either. That's a recipe for disaster. It should be used rarely in long yardage situations.

We started out mixing it up with mostly press and soft man coverage. Once we got burned for 3 straight TD's, we mostly played zone, although we did still mix it up a little. That allowed Eastern to dink and dunk us down the field. Everyone hates bend but don't break, but we were playing that by design. The problem is we broke and gave up TD's instead of holding them to 3's. You can't drop picks playing that way either.

If we are playing this way by Stanford, I will get out the pitch fork. Hopefully we are holding some things back for Pac 12 play. The coaches are still instilling their specific fundamentals and techniques and it takes times, especially for freshman DB's who they've been coaching a little over a month. I don't think the coaches are even sure who their best 4 DB's are. They need to figure it out soon though. There are going to be bleak moments with this defense, but I'm pretty confident it will be nothing like 2011.