Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,933 Founders Club
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,510 Swaye's Wigwam
    Imagine dunking on Washington fans for getting his commitment while he's in husky stadium rooting for Washington against Michigan State 😆
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    I think he is 81% dawg
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,271 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2022

conerly would be the budda baker moment, hth

Yeah, Budda was a much bigger recruit than Presley from what I remember. Borderline five star and should have been one. Presley would be a big flip though.
  • FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member Posts: 1,483

Yeah, Budda was a much bigger recruit than Presley from what I remember. Borderline five star and should have been one. Presley would be a big flip though.
    I’ll be glad to have Presley, but holyshit Raley is retarded for comparing the situation to Budda. Budda is likely a top 3 HS football player from WA the past 25 years, and I don’t know who I’d put above him.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,938 Swaye's Wigwam

I’ll be glad to have Presley, but holyshit Raley is retarded for comparing the situation to Budda. Budda is likely a top 3 HS football player from WA the past 25 years, and I don’t know who I’d put above him.
    Raley is pretty retarded for sure. Comparing them doesn't mean one has to be as good as the other though. They both committed to Oregon and, it appears, both flipped late to Washington. There's a como there.

It's been a while but I remember Presley's highlights showing a lot of good form tackles. He'd be a big get. Not Baker, but comparable.
  • FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member Posts: 1,483
    chuck said:

Raley is pretty retarded for sure. Comparing them doesn't mean one has to be as good as the other though. They both committed to Oregon and, it appears, both flipped late to Washington. There's a como there.

It's been a while but I remember Presley's highlights showing a lot of good form tackles. He'd be a big get. Not Baker, but comparable.
    Fair. Just personally don’t have them anywhere in the same realm in terms of talent so I bristled.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,938 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Fair. Just personally don’t have them anywhere in the same realm in terms of talent so I bristled.
    Looking back, Baker was better and a bigger lynchpin for that defense than I usually gave him credit for. His speed and tackling turned a lot of the plays we saw going for big yardage this year into 3-4 yard gains. Molden in the slot was similar. That's an important position these days. Hampton and whomever else played the Husky position this year were a huge net negative by comparison.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,510 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Looking back, Baker was better and a bigger lynchpin for that defense than I usually gave him credit for. His speed and tackling turned a lot of the plays we saw going for big yardage this year into 3-4 yard gains. Molden in the slot was similar. That's an important position these days. Hampton and whomever else played the Husky position this year were a huge net negative by comparison.
    Budda was the best I have ever seen at shutting down the short passing game. Nobody could block him and he was a good tackler that never shied away from tackling despite his small size.
    Two of his years were wasted on the Pete "It's Hard" era.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,271 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Anyone who paid the slightest amount of attention to WA high school football knew he was one of one. Thank god his mom told him to stop being an idiot and decommit from Oregon.
    I thought it was Budda's very wise girlfriend who ultimately really helped getting him flip?
    FireCohen said:

Still waiting on Troy Franklin to transfer to UW
    I sat in an Oregon Twitter Spaces Franklin's dad was on. He literally must sit and wait for Twitter Spaces 24/7 by the way. I only sat around for someone to mention "yeah, USC might try to pull some shit and get him," like transferring to USC right now would be a bad move for that dipshit.

haie said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Budda was the best I have ever seen at shutting down the short passing game. Nobody could block him and he was a good tackler that never shied away from tackling despite his small size.
    Two of his years were wasted on the Pete "It's Hard" era.
    I honestly questioned how good Budda was before his third year.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966

chuck said:

chuck said:

Meh, he wasn't immediately all-world, so ... underwhelmed.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Looking back? I'm genuinely curious about where you discounted him, because I don't remember there being any uncertainty at the time - by 2015 he was jumping off the screen, and by 2016 he looked like the most dominant defender we had seen since the 90s.