Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sunday morning perspective...

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,380 Founders Club
Lots of Captain Morgan helps center you.

Things probably aren't as bad as they seemed yesterday, but we do have some significant issues.

Secondary is a fucking hot mess. Lots of raw talent though. Can we run some catching drills for them this week? Hands of stone DB's is no way to go through a season. Fuck.

Defensive discipline needs to be put in check. Like that Peterman benched Peters for conduct detrimental to the team. Sark would have had the team do a lawnmower for him to show unity, and called Woodward to put the refs in check.

Still think Cuntowski should be donkey punched for dropping Kikaha into coverage. Idiot.

Offense looked solid. Whenever Cyler looks down the field I feel nauseous, but ground and pound and side to side are working nicely.

ST looked crisp. Better than they have in years. A Sark team never would have been ready for that onside kick. Never.

Two more scrimmages to get this shit cleaned up. LIFPO still in effect as we did get the win. Peterman better be moving the D staff into cots at the office. And lots of you are right about one thing...while we have looked pretty rickety the last two weeks, this conference is a dumpster fire and we could easily be anywhere from the 2nd to 5th best team in it with a little cleanup. SEC > Larry Scott

I am still really pissed we let an FCS school set a record for 7 TD passes in Husky Stadium. Need to drink more I guess. Fuck off.

Comments

• clawmanclawman Member Posts: 5
    Keep it is perspective folks, Eastern is a FCS team!
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,686 Founders Club
    When we have a performance that's not an embarrassment, I'll feel better.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,380 Founders Club
    dnc said:

haie said:

clawman said:

Losing to UW by 3 and 7 is the pinnacle of your white trash school and program. Bye.

Perspective: Petersen was willing to lose the game with Sidney Jones and fucking Travel Dixon with Peters on the sideline. Like it or not halfbrains, the coaching staff doesn't give a fuck about anything other than developing and molding the team the way they want this year.

Credit to APAG for bringing up the comparisons to Saban's first year. That's exactly what is going on here. It sucks we're basically blowing up the season though.
    ftfy

Hi Kim!
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    haie said:

clawman said:

Losing to UW by 3 and 7 is the pinnacle of your white trash school and program. Bye.

Perspective: Petersen was willing to lose the game with Sidney Jones and fucking Travel Dixon with Peters on the sideline. Like it or not halfbrains, the coaching staff doesn't give a fuck about anything other than developing and molding the team the way they want this year.

Credit to APAG for bringing up the comparisons to Saban's first year. That's exactly what is going on here. It sucks we're basically throwing away the season though.
    Umm, scoreboard?

I agree with the "developing and molding" part. But UW is 2-0. Or 0-0 by Boobs' reckoning. Petersen will be playing to win with everything he's got, beginning 9/27.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,972
    Boobs has been right with these games being the preseason, and Coach was happy to lose the game with Peters on the bench. Hopefully, peters gets that you can't do that in college or especially the NFL, and hopefully coach gets some dividends this year from improved discipline.

I think the Illinois games will be the dress rehearsal for the regular season. Nationally televised on Fox, third game of the preseason, and a Big 10 conference opponent. We might see fewer subs on both sides of the ball and a little more consistent showing.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club
    AEB said:

Boobs has been right with these games being the preseason, and Coach was happy to lose the game with Peters on the bench. Hopefully, peters gets that you can't do that in college or especially the NFL, and hopefully coach gets some dividends this year from improved discipline.

I think the Illinois games will be the dress rehearsal for the regular season. Nationally televised on Fox, third game of the preseason, and a Big 10 conference opponent. We might see fewer subs on both sides of the ball and a little more consistent showing.

I hope so. Hopefully boobs and APAG are right. Scrimmages or not, though, this team has not consistently looked good. They are ultimately doing what they have to do to win, but this shit has not been fun to watch.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    haie said:

clawman said:

Credit to APAG for bringing up the comparisons to Saban's first year. That's exactly what is going on here. It sucks we're basically throwing away the season though.
    Hi there. Thank you for the free publicity. Peterman doesn't get to throw shit away. Saban went 7-6 his first year. But his schedule included 5 ranked opponents and Florida State. In this years PAC-12 it's 10 wins or gtfo.

Saying Peterman doesn't care about winning is a little Kimmish (I'm not saying you're like Kim, don't twist). You can care about winning and want to mold your team a certain way. It's called abundance.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

In this thread: Boobs was right.

I love how the morons on this bored justifiably get boners in their sweatpants over Petersen's hire, then freak the fuck out when Petersen does what he knows how to do.

This. I do appreciate all the APAG is right talk. But this is Boobs thing. I'm just a minion.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,380 Founders Club
    Maybe we have to sacrifice a win somewhere to beat the last remnants of Sark charmin soft out of this team...
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,109 Swaye's Wigwam

In this thread: Boobs was right.

I love how the morons on this bored justifiably get boners in their sweatpants over Petersen's hire, then freak the fuck out when Petersen does what he knows how to do.

This. I do appreciate all the APAG is right talk. But this is Boobs thing. I'm just a minion.
    Being Boobs minion is no way to go through life, son.

• CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    I don't think people are saying he would have been happy to lose that game. I think people are saying that Peterman has the balls to lose a game with one of his best defenders sitting on the bench to send a clear message to what he expects out of his players. He just so happened to still win the game and send that message loud and clear.

I think some of the shit we are seeing is what he has mentioned many times, that this is a process and that it is hard work to be in this program.
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    Swaye said:

Defensive discipline needs to be put in check. Like that Peterman benched Peters for conduct detrimental to the team. Sark would have had the team do a lawnmower for him to show unity, and called Woodward to put the refs in check.

Fuck yeah!

I sure as shit didn't see Woodward and Petersun sharing a tender moment on the sideline after that epic win against Eastern.

As I was leaving the stadium yesterday, there were A LOT of dry eyes.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

I don't think people are saying he would have been happy to lose that game. I think people are saying that Peterman has the balls to lose a game with one of his best defenders sitting on the bench to send a clear message to what he expects out of his players. He just so happened to still win the game and send that message loud and clear.

I think some of the shit we are seeing is what he has mentioned many times, that this is a process and that it is hard work to be in this program.

@CokeGreaterThanPepsi‌ has this preseason dialed in.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    I get they scrimmage discussion. I get the molding players.

I'm just going to have to go into LIPO mode, because I never dreamed once Sark left Eastern could come in and hang 52 ...

Peterman has won 88% of his games, is 2-0. I'll trust.

With all that said my liver can't take much more of this. And with my kids getting older and doing sports ... my best Husky viewing years may be behind me ... so who really cares.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    haie said:

clawman said:

It's the players who are still clinging to Sark... Like Peters... who are throwing the season away. Once the passive aggressiveness stops, the learning can begin.

You know Sark wants a dumpster fire at UW... just so he can be right. I wonder how much contact he's had with former edgy players who now feel lost, alone and reach out to him for comfort finding instead manipulation and confusion?

• H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

You know Sark wants a dumpster fire at UW... just so he can be right. I wonder how much contact he's had with former edgy players who now feel lost, alone and reach out to him for comfort finding instead manipulation and confusion?

Oh, didn't you hear? Edgy players now think Sark is a racist.