Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

520 traffic?

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,507 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022

Oregon and Utah don't have to fill 70k seats either

Not taking a shot here but is this really how your brain works?
    Point is that if UW had a 55k stadium it would be rocking even against Colorado

good to see you emerge from your shell though.

I was right, rather easily.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,588

Do you guys get 55-60 every week? Genuine question.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,507 Swaye's Wigwam

It's pretty unusual for it to dip below 55k I'd say.

A big problem is a late arriving crowd. Damone always posts pictures at the beginning of the 1st quarter and it looks like ass, but it does fill in a bit.

Noticed the same thing at Kraken game. IDK why people spend a bunch of money on tickets and not show up on time.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,588

good to see you emerge from your shell though.

I was right, rather easily.
    You know where to find me. I don’t turtle.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    edited November 2022
    Differentiate the experience from seahawks games, promote tailgating even harder and don't make it feel corporatized in the stadium + win= profit. The Seahawks do a great job of creating a non-corporatized feel to their gameday environment, it's an SEC SEC SEC experience once you get inside stadium.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

No. Only the MSU game sniffed 60k

A big problem is a late arriving crowd. Damone always posts pictures at the beginning of the 1st quarter and it looks like ass, but it does fill in a bit.

Noticed the same thing at Kraken game. IDK why people spend a bunch of money on tickets and not show up on time.
    That’s my point. Why do other places have full stands at kickoff? Must not have any broadway shows in Eugene.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,546 Founders Club

I had an eight gayme pack to the Sonics like 20 years ago. They sucked and traded Payton that year. Every game, this attractive blonde and her boyfriend would show up late, usually late first or early second quarter, and sit either next to me or close. She had a pretty limited basketball knowledge. There's probably some of that, and a lot of corporate tickets given to transplants or non or casual fans. "Oh, it's 40 degrees, I don't want to go to a football game."

That’s my point. Why do other places have full stands at kickoff? Must not have any broadway shows in Eugene.
    Teams need to win I think. Its not an issue at Hawks games
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,541 Swaye's Wigwam

That's a fair point. People would rather ass grab in the Zone than be in their seat 10-15 before kickoff.

Was really noticeable in the MSU game because their fans knew to be in their seat on time.
    haie said:

That's a fair point. People would rather ass grab in the Zone than be in their seat 10-15 before kickoff.

Was really noticeable in the MSU game because their fans knew to be in their seat on time.
    Yeah they should kick people out of there 30 minutes prior to kick
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Many years ago I was told the Purple Smoke entrance would have the meat in the seats before kickoff.

Sounds like progress has been slow
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter

Are you new? The fanbase at uw doesn’t care and a lot of them are no longer the fanbase.
    edited November 2022
    Alexis said:

Jeezus. This has been beaten to death. But let’s do it again.

When I was a yute, I started going to games with my dad in the late 70s. Became a fan. Teams in the late 70 s, early 80s were usually good. Made me a fan for life. When it came time to pick a college, it wa a no brainer for me and my 3.6 GPA. Have kept season tickets since. Haven’t missed a game since.

Started taking my sons when they were kids. All teams in the early 2000s sucked. Youngest was still a big fan for some reason, even tho most of his friends weren’t. When it came time to pick a school, he and his 3.85 was not accepted to UW. So he took his fandom south to the bitchforks.

UW decided years ago that they wanted out of state tuition money and foreign students. It’s tough for the local meathead from South King County who is gonna hang around for the next 50 years in Auburn and Kent and would love football to be a fan of the school that told them to fuck off when they wanted to apply. And the Chinese engineering major either couldn’t give a damn about football, and if by some chance they do, they don’t hang around after grad.

Tyee used to be filled with car dealers and the like who would have 16 tickets and give them to buddies and clients. Now theyre the Microsoft couple who may or may not have better things to do that weekend.

TLDR but UW chose prowess academis and out of state tuition over football decades ago.

So not 520 traffic and Hamilton?

It almost as if you’re saying UW isn’t serious about football and we will be mediocre forever with occasional great years and occasional horrible years.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club

Your saying it's rare UW dips below 55k at it's peak?

Only 3 game last two years that were close/above that had Sparty, Ducks, Cougs bring heavy numbers to help the cause.

• AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,102 Swaye's Wigwam

Alexis said:

When I was a yute, I started going to games with my dad in the late 70s. Became a fan. Teams in the late 70 s, early 80s were usually good. Made me a fan for life. When it came time to pick a college, it wa a no brainer for me and my 3.6 GPA. Have kept season tickets since. Haven’t missed a game since.

Started taking my sons when they were kids. All teams in the early 2000s sucked. Youngest was still a big fan for some reason, even tho most of his friends weren’t. When it came time to pick a school, he and his 3.85 was not accepted to UW. So he took his fandom south to the bitchforks.

UW decided years ago that they wanted out of state tuition money and foreign students. It’s tough for the local meathead from South King County who is gonna hang around for the next 50 years in Auburn and Kent and would love football to be a fan of the school that told them to fuck off when they wanted to apply. And the Chinese engineering major either couldn’t give a damn about football, and if by some chance they do, they don’t hang around after grad.

Tyee used to be filled with car dealers and the like who would have 16 tickets and give them to buddies and clients. Now theyre the Microsoft couple who may or may not have better things to do that weekend.

TLDR but UW chose prowess academis and out of state tuition over football decades ago.

It almost as if you’re saying UW isn’t serious about football and we will be mediocre forever with occasional great years and occasional horrible years.
    Not necessarily. A good coach can still win here, Pete did. Deboner can. West coast football overall is pretty shit. Tallest midget still can get you top ten in the country.

What I’m saying is it’s not the fans fault. And drawing the still biggest crowds on the west coast for the most part is enough to win.

Are we going to be Alabama, or a few other schools down south or the Midwest. No. We’ve been in their league literally 2 or maybe 3 years since I’ve been alive. To say otherwise is a lie. The west coast is never going all in for college football. You know it. You just try to pin it on the fan base. I had a lot of fun this year. Never once did I think we were the best team in the country. Still went to 8 games. Call me a doog if you want. But if you’re waiting for rabid SEC fandom, you know it’s not going to happen. You just like to bitch about it. I like going to games so I do.
    edited November 2022
    Alexis said:

Alexis said:

Not necessarily. A good coach can still win here, Pete did. Deboner can. West coast football overall is pretty shit. Tallest midget still can get you top ten in the country.

What I’m saying is it’s not the fans fault. And drawing the still biggest crowds on the west coast for the most part is enough to win.

Are we going to be Alabama, or a few other schools down south or the Midwest. No. We’ve been in their league literally 2 or maybe 3 years since I’ve been alive. To say otherwise is a lie. The west coast is never going all in for college football. You know it. You just try to pin it on the fan base. I had a lot of fun this year. Never once did I think we were the best team in the country. Still went to 8 games. Call me a doog if you want. But if you’re waiting for rabid SEC fandom, you know it’s not going to happen. You just like to bitch about it. I like going to games so I do.

What I said was correct. Peterson represents the occasional great years (and still could get an NY6 win).

UW was once a great program. Is now generally mediocre with occasional great years and occasional horrible years. It didn’t have to be that way. It was a choice. Pretending like it’s 1990 every time UW gets on a bit of a roll is delusional.

This place has become nothing but Cool Ranch flavored Dawgman. All the Dawgman attitude without censoring cuss words.

Of someone showed you the most recent 20 year history of a team, without knowing the team, and it looked like this, what you think?

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

Alexis said:

Alexis said:

What I said was correct. Peterson represents the occasional great years (and still could get an NY6 win).

UW was once a great program. Is now generally mediocre with occasional great years and occasional horrible years. It didn’t have to be that way. It was a choice. Pretending like it’s 1990 every time UW gets on a bit of a roll is delusional.

This place has become nothing but Cool Ranch flavored Dawgman. All the Dawgman attitude without censoring cuss words.

Of someone showed you the most recent 20 year history of a team, without knowing the team, and it looked like this, what you think?

P-Patch comes to mind.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Alexis said:

Alexis said:

Is this a Clemson leveling up trajectory?