Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Top 10 Husky QBs since 1970

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,989 Founders Club
edited October 2022 in Hardcore Husky Board
Ummm el oh el ... clearly the denizens of HCH were not consulted.

https://pacificnwsports.com/top-10-washington-huskies-quarterbacks-1970/

10. Brock Huard
9. Damon Huard

8. Sonny Sixkiller
7. Jack Lockner

6. Billy Joe Camaro
5. Mark Brunell

4. Teeth
3. Tui

2. Warren Moon

1. Cobra

@PurpleBaze
@CFetters_Nacho_Lover
@GrundleStiltzkin
@creepycoug
@RuffaloSoldier
@MikeSeaver
@DerekJohnson
@PostGameOrangeSlices
@MalarkeyDwag

Comments

• 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    No Tom Flick? Seriously.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,363
    Get the fuck out....Chandler all the way. Jfc, it's not even close...at #3
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
    edited October 2022
    Yah, my god… this person clearly did not see these players actually play, that much is clear.
    I agree with C Coug, about Camaro and Brunell, agree with Dannarcand JCab about Chandler, Pelluer and Flick, Moon is on the list but he is down the list, Tui is about in the middle because of his ability to carry the team, SixKiller is on the list… Cobra? AYFK? Teeth? And No Lokner is not on the list either… Jesus WTF.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,507 Standard Supporter
    6 pages for 10 players. Fuck you.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,363
    Was @pawz born in 2006?

Asking for Pup
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,989 Founders Club
    dannarc said:

Was @pawz born in 2006?

Asking for Pup

huh?

• TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,811 Swaye's Wigwam
    A bunch of gerbage this list is.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,938 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2022
    I think Price and Locker are fringe at worst and on the list near #10 at best. . Brock was a better passer than Damon, but Damon was a better player. Replace Brock with Pickett.

I'm not old enough to remember the 70s. Chandler over one of them?

Tui is #1 imo. He put the team on his back more than any of these guys.

Lmao I forgot Browning was on there. He frees up a spot too. Jesus.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited October 2022
    1. Hobart
    2. Moon
    3. Tui - would be 2 if not for his poor mechanics. #results #winner
    4. Chandler
    5. Brunnell
    6. Pickett
    7. Pelleur
    8. D. Huard
    9. Penix (may go higher)
    10. Price
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter
    Locker on any of these lists is a joke. He was super talented but not that good in college. Blame the coaches he had if you want but it’s the truth.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966
    edited October 2022
    chuck said:

I think Price and Locker are fringe at worst and on the list near #10 at best. . Brock was a better passer than Damon, but Damon was a better player. Replace Brock with Pickett.

Are you sure about that? I'm not.

Also, Chandler was 80s and, IMO, one of the best pure passers to ever play at Washington. He was injury prone in the pros or would have had a better pro career. In terms of just pure passing ability, I put him up there with the very best to play at UW. Pelluer could also sling it. Camaro was as physically gifted as any to play here save for Lockner, but lolz on any comparison. Camaro maybe not necessarily the greatest pure passer to do it at Washington but had a lot of things the others didn't have, and had bigger ballz than any of them save for Tui, whose ballz were elephant-sized. What a fucking warrior that kid was.
    edited October 2022

Warren Moon
    Steve Pelleur (people forget)
    Mark Brunell
    Billy Dough Hobart
    Tui

Your Rose Bowl championship quarterbacks

Billy is always #1 with me

Huge Mellon

Your Orange Bowl championship quarterback who pretty much sucked yet played for years in the NFL

Chris Chandler
    Tom Flick
    Cody Pickett
    Jake Browning

That's 10. Nobody was harder on Jake than me but 4 year starter. Two league championships and

Huge over Chandler is sacrilege. Huge was mostly a clip board holder in the NFL and benefitted greatly from living in an era when tall, white and perceived smart QBs got signed. I also honestly think he benefited as well from UW's reputation in the NFL at that time for producing pro quality QBs. You or I might have been able to hand off to Fenney and watch our? defense in the Orange Bowl. I can't quite bring myself to give HM a lot of credit for that one. A Chandler or a Pelluer could have taken a nap during that game and come out with a win.

Come on Race. We're the old guys here. We have to write history as accurately as possible for the young bucks.

chuck said:

Sure about which?

Brock was a better passer? He had a stronger arm before he started throwing every ball off his back foot. He still threw a pretty ball and his placement, before he got rattled, was crazy good. Damon threw a lot of wobbly and nose diving balls the way I remember it. I also don't remember him having the pretty, high arching long ball like Brock.

However, Damon was scrappy, a better runner, and willed the offense at times. He had a gutsy game un the whammy, dodging and running from a bunch of 230lb cruise missiles. I think Damon did a lot with a lot less, and it showed later when he hung around the NFL for quite a while.
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Sure about which?

Brock was a better passer? He had a stronger arm before he started throwing every ball off his back foot. He still threw a pretty ball and his placement, before he got rattled, was crazy good. Damon threw a lot of wobbly and nose diving balls the way I remember it. I also don't remember him having the pretty, high arching long ball like Brock.

However, Damon was scrappy, a better runner, and willed the offense at times. He had a gutsy game un the whammy, dodging and running from a bunch of 230lb cruise missiles. I think Damon did a lot with a lot less, and it showed later when he hung around the NFL for quite a while.
    I see. Sure, probably at a passing clinic Brock probably showed better. But Damon was a much better QB.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

Warren Moon
    Steve Pelleur (people forget)
    Mark Brunell
    Billy Dough Hobart
    Tui

Your Rose Bowl championship quarterbacks

Billy is always #1 with me

Huge Mellon

Your Orange Bowl championship quarterback who pretty much sucked yet played for years in the NFL

Chris Chandler
    Tom Flick
    Cody Pickett
    Jake Browning

That's 10. Nobody was harder on Jake than me but 4 year starter. Two league championships and

Race is right , you know. Browning rates higher than most of us° would be willing to grant. ATBS, Browning sucks at number one. Fucktarded.