Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fetterman campaign

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,077
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

pawz said:

And if the shitty candidate Walker survives the smears and attacks and beats the wife beater then the case is fucking closed

Other than wanting a GOP seat in the Senate idgaf who wins. That said, the video Walker's kid put out regarding his parental skills was brutal. Fucking brutal.

That's why you never invest personally in any candidate
    We definitely agree on this
    Should vote based on policy issues and competence. That excludes every dem politician.
    I agree that directionally one should always evaluate candidates based on their policy and some level of baseline competence. What candidate that falls under for a given person is up to their value system.

A good example to me with Dems is tied to their view for energy ...

I'm all for the idea of evaluating cleaner energy sources and whatnot ... but what I am against is putting an artificial timeline on those ideas that could lead to an outcome where it's "ready or not" with the technology, application, etc.

Solutions to most things aren't linear and require more of a comprehensive solution than most care to admit
    The government tends to get in the way. There is no doubt that by around 1960 or so our water and air was in bad shape. With some direction from the government like the Nixon EPA (people forget) and clean air and water acts private industry cleaned up their act with innovation and efficiency that kept the lights on and the cars fueled

All good with me. I'm not a zealot on NO regulation. The problem is that by now the EPA is looking at mud puddles on farms. Nothing goes away or gets smaller

I agree that it is insane to mandate nor IC cars by set date. And it's irresponsible to tout "green" energies without being honest about the cost. Carbon and Nukes remain the best option by far. When they aren't we'll know it. The government didn't have to build gas stations. And the people wanted roads that were built with what amounts to a use tax

Energy is probably issue #1 for me because it effects so much else
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    This was a fun thread.

Trump had his chance. Couldn't do it. Loser! Sad!

I have an unarticulated hunch that Democrats will win presidency in 2024. GOP will flail about with more vengeance than accountability for the next 18 months. For example, they'll haul in Fauci and browbeat for fundraising and political scalp hunting, but won't have the goods squared away to do anything of substance.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,130
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

pawz said:

And if the shitty candidate Walker survives the smears and attacks and beats the wife beater then the case is fucking closed

Other than wanting a GOP seat in the Senate idgaf who wins. That said, the video Walker's kid put out regarding his parental skills was brutal. Fucking brutal.

Should vote based on policy issues and competence. That excludes every dem politician.
    I agree that directionally one should always evaluate candidates based on their policy and some level of baseline competence. What candidate that falls under for a given person is up to their value system.

I'm all for the idea of evaluating cleaner energy sources and whatnot ... but what I am against is putting an artificial timeline on those ideas that could lead to an outcome where it's "ready or not" with the technology, application, etc.

Solutions to most things aren't linear and require more of a comprehensive solution than most care to admit
    JFK said we could go to the moon by the end of the decade. But we already had rocket technology. We just needed a bigger rocket. We built a nuclear bomb in less than four years with the Manhattan project. But it was basically refining enough Uranium 235 to create a critical mass driven together with conventional explosives. We are basically at the physical limitations with wind turbines and getting close with solar panels. All the easy fixes have been made. Battery technology will improve, but it still is massively expensive and the energy density of a battery is almost negligible compared to gasoline. Energy density is a 100 times greater in gasoline than a lithium battery. So a gallon of gas weighs 6 lbs. To get the same amount of energy out of a battery, you need a 600 lbs battery. Offsetting this disparity is that an ICE is 20% to 30% efficient versus up to 90% efficient for EV battery. From a performance standard, EVs won't be financially competitive or have the necessary range for a lot of consumers. As Tequila says there is no timeline for this to happen. Certainly not by 2030 or 2035. Like I said, dems have shitty policies and are incompetent.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,415
    Founders Club
    edited October 2022

This was a fun thread.

I have an unarticulated hunch that Democrats will win presidency in 2024. GOP will flail about with more vengeance than accountability for the next 18 months. For example, they'll haul in Fauci and browbeat for fundraising and political scalp hunting, but won't have the goods squared away to do anything of substance.

I could not disagree with you more. I hold your intelligence in high regard so this belief of yours completely baffles me.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

This was a fun thread.

I could not disagree with you more. I hold your intelligence in high regard so this belief of yours completely baffles me.
    Thank you, and hurtful...?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

This was a fun thread.

The establishment GOP would be happy with this playbook. In that I don't disagree.

Too many people that aren't happy with the establishment and too many people moving into the big tent of America First imo. Center right populism is continuing to grow not shrink regardless of your opinion of Trump himself as a figure of it. He's simply the supply, the demand is there and growing.
    We shall see how competent these new folks are. My expectations are low.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,077
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @GrundleStiltzkin is a sneaky fast troll and he doesn't care for Trump because Grundle isn't a liberal like I am.

But looking at the shitshow that is Biden and still complaining about Trump or DeSantis who IS Trump according to experts will never make sense to me

Yet I have said that the democrats have the home court advantage and this illustrates it. They never have to defend the shit they put out there and they make the GOP have to defend everything and disavow anyone that threatens the left

Trump won and lost. The entire GOP is a bunch of losers if they don't change their stupid ways. That's a major appeal of Trump. Stop fucking apologizing for what you believe and get out there and fight for it

Perfect is the enemy of good enough. The democrats understand that

And nobody is making the left pay for how they fucked this country in 2020. That pisses me off. Let's blame Trump instead

MALARKEY
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

@GrundleStiltzkin is a sneaky fast troll and he doesn't care for Trump because Grundle isn't a liberal like I am.

But looking at the shitshow that is Biden and still complaining about Trump or DeSantis who IS Trump according to experts will never make sense to me

Yet I have said that the democrats have the home court advantage and this illustrates it. They never have to defend the shit they put out there and they make the GOP have to defend everything and disavow anyone that threatens the left

Trump won and lost. The entire GOP is a bunch of losers if they don't change their stupid ways. That's a major appeal of Trump. Stop fucking apologizing for what you believe and get out there and fight for it

And nobody is making the left pay for how they fucked this country in 2020. That pisses me off. Let's blame Trump instead

MALARKEY

DIMS are forming a committee to find out who is responsible for school closures during COVID. Republicans are just not smart enough to pull off BS like this but then they don't have a compliant media doing their bidding either.

Just an example of how the DIMS create a problem, gaslight that fact and then pretend they're the ones who will get to the bottom of it and make it better so it never happens again.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

MALARKEY

Personally, I'm only talking about Trump in a 2024 context. I can never square for myself the dichotomous narratives of Trump The Great & Powerful / Trump The Victim Of The Establishment. But that's old news now.

Fuck the establishment is all well and good. However, those people know how to get things done, or often as not, not get things done. I think DeSantis fits into that far better than Trump.

ps, as @Tequilla poonted out again here, the specter of Trump is the best & almost only thing the democrats have going for them.
  • Options
    Every single negative ad being thrown at Joe Kemp right now has Trump and J6th as its basis. Today I learned that even after Joe knew that 6 police officers died on J6th, he still supported the insurrectionists. Now we know this is absolute BS but that ad is out there.

I still believe he will win but this isn't going away unless it's a complete failure as a strategy across the board where Trump candidates are in play. Hopefully it fails because if not, it's here to stay for as long as Trump is in the mix and that looks to be a while longer. Nov. 8th is important in more ways than imaginable.
  • Options

I've never confused Trump with all powerful. Yes he has an enthusiastic base which is like Nazi Germany and you can find people that do think that. Trump got rolled. Ron likely will too. And the GOP will hold the cloaks as it happens

W got rolled and almost lost to John Kerry for fucks sake. The playbook was new then and the dems needed more time to get their guys in there. Every American should be grateful that Trump beat Hilary. Allegedly according to experts

I don't look to the government for salvation. Competent cops and fire fighters and cheap energy and stay out of the way is good enough for me. Another advantage the left has is replacing religion with government forming a new religion centered around mother earth and compassion for the poor even though the programs are bogus. Results don't matter the attempt does. Have faith that it will work someday

I'm glad I'm old. If this is the country the kids want then in the holy name of democracy that is what they shall have

So let it be written so let it be done

Agreed. I've never seen Gov't as the answer to any of my personal problems. That's what separates me from DIMS. They have a function as you pointed out but after the basics, for me, it's get the F out of the way.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Bob_C said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

pawz said:

The obvious unintended consequence of the insistence of government investing in certain types of clean energy is that a better technology that actually works and is cost effective will get suppressed because of the artificial power of people that got rich off of those inefficient investments.
    Absolutely … free market dynamics will flush out the pretenders

To me clean energy rhetoric should be more of a nationwide aspiration of pushing to find solutions just like JFK talking about the moon … anything is achievable … but putting a timeline on something that may or may not be realistic is foolish
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

This was a fun thread.

If the GOP does that (prosecuting the past versus moving forward and delivering results) … they’ll deserve what they get in 2024
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I want the GOP to make sure the insurrection of 2020 and the fake pandemic never happens again. That's a no brainer to me

Every problem we have today started in March of 2020 and it was fake

It's not about Fauci or grandstanding. It's about never again

Rand Paul should be president

You can't move forward when the past is the "new normal" There is a fundamental disconnect

I will agree that the 2020 election and J6 are both loser issues but election security isn't. There was enough there, there for rational people to wonder what the fuck

I guess I am agreeing. I'm willing to put aside vengeance for accountability. Strictly business

Somewhere on the depths of this hellhole, I poasted a NBC News investigative story from before the 2020 malarkey, thus not poisoned with that narrative. They found some really dipshit stuff, namely voting machines connected to the internet. An forensic, white-hat guym commissioned for the report was able to discover the machines, rather easily.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

pawz said:

Tequilla said:

46XiJCAB said:

Tequilla said:

46XiJCAB said:

Look no further that two races in WA where Trump is the focus of negative ads. You have a war vet in Kent and the wife of a wounded vet in Smiley and both are getting hammered daily as Trump supporting election deniers that are dangers to our DeMoCrAcY!

And both may very well win. So what does it say about the narrative that Trump can't win in 2024 because 2020?

You do realize that the Dems try to link to Trump because it’s one of the few messaging ideas they have that resonates?

Smiley even being competitive is a huge positive sign that people are pulling their heads out of their asses in Washington

Don’t confuse their performance as a sign that Trump wouldn’t face his own unique backlash here

I have no illusions about Trump ever winning WA. But the Trump is toxic narrative isn't playing out like DIMS planned thus far. When things are really shitting two years from now, people are not going to give a fuck about J6th or any of the other BS the DIMS throw out there. The housewives will be voting with their pocketbooks. They didn't in 2020 and it cost them. Fat and Happy Trump made them didn't he?
    There’s a difference between Trump himself and others trying to link candidates to Trump

The states where the links are the closest is where it appears that Republicans are struggling the most
    As of mid September, Trump endorsed candidates are 159-17 in primaries according to https://ballotpedia.org/Endorsements_by_Donald_Trump

217-19 by this count: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/comprehensive-look-trumps-endorsement-record

Kari Lake is going to roll. Joe Kent is going to roll. Oz now appears to be a winner. Anecdotal.

I agree an argument can be made for RDS being a better candidate. Race is also spot on that the media isn't letting up on any candidate from the right, irregardless.

#winnerswinpotd
    I can't tell you how many people I've spoken to between 2016 and 2020 ...

If you take Trump's name out of the equation, many of the policies and approaches to tackling problems are way more mainstream than people want to admit. Put in the Trump name and it's a full recoil.

What I think you're seeing with the "Trump endorsed" candidates is that their policy ideas are ones that resonate and most people are not necessarily swayed by casual links. Like you mentioned, it's where the links are the strongest (and honestly tied to the weakest of the candidates) in states that are more of a toss up election to election where things are most competitive.

The mistake that the Democrats made in 2020 was thinking that their election win was an overwhelming rubber stamping of everybody behind their agenda. The mistake that the Republicans can make in 2022 would be thinking that their very likely overwhelming win (with a number of Trump endorsed candidates) is a sign that the nation is endorsing Trump.
    It's basically this

We never loved trump we just hated you
    This. I just want someone to tell the woketards to fuck off. It's not that hard.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,632
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited October 2022
    hardhat said:

Tequilla said:

pawz said:

Tequilla said:

46XiJCAB said:

Tequilla said:

46XiJCAB said:

Look no further that two races in WA where Trump is the focus of negative ads. You have a war vet in Kent and the wife of a wounded vet in Smiley and both are getting hammered daily as Trump supporting election deniers that are dangers to our DeMoCrAcY!

And both may very well win. So what does it say about the narrative that Trump can't win in 2024 because 2020?

You do realize that the Dems try to link to Trump because it’s one of the few messaging ideas they have that resonates?

Smiley even being competitive is a huge positive sign that people are pulling their heads out of their asses in Washington

Don’t confuse their performance as a sign that Trump wouldn’t face his own unique backlash here

I have no illusions about Trump ever winning WA. But the Trump is toxic narrative isn't playing out like DIMS planned thus far. When things are really shitting two years from now, people are not going to give a fuck about J6th or any of the other BS the DIMS throw out there. The housewives will be voting with their pocketbooks. They didn't in 2020 and it cost them. Fat and Happy Trump made them didn't he?
    There’s a difference between Trump himself and others trying to link candidates to Trump

The states where the links are the closest is where it appears that Republicans are struggling the most
    As of mid September, Trump endorsed candidates are 159-17 in primaries according to https://ballotpedia.org/Endorsements_by_Donald_Trump

217-19 by this count: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/comprehensive-look-trumps-endorsement-record

Kari Lake is going to roll. Joe Kent is going to roll. Oz now appears to be a winner. Anecdotal.

I agree an argument can be made for RDS being a better candidate. Race is also spot on that the media isn't letting up on any candidate from the right, irregardless.

#winnerswinpotd
    I can't tell you how many people I've spoken to between 2016 and 2020 ...

If you take Trump's name out of the equation, many of the policies and approaches to tackling problems are way more mainstream than people want to admit. Put in the Trump name and it's a full recoil.

What I think you're seeing with the "Trump endorsed" candidates is that their policy ideas are ones that resonate and most people are not necessarily swayed by casual links. Like you mentioned, it's where the links are the strongest (and honestly tied to the weakest of the candidates) in states that are more of a toss up election to election where things are most competitive.

The mistake that the Democrats made in 2020 was thinking that their election win was an overwhelming rubber stamping of everybody behind their agenda. The mistake that the Republicans can make in 2022 would be thinking that their very likely overwhelming win (with a number of Trump endorsed candidates) is a sign that the nation is endorsing Trump.
    It's basically this

We never loved trump we just hated you
    This. I just want someone to tell the woketards to fuck off. It's not that hard.
    They somehow still don't get this

Like pay me to be in charge of Dem campaigns. I will win every time.