Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

imminent Couch sell

NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
edited October 2022 in Hardcore Husky Board

Has to be a top 10 pick at his size 6’3” over 200lbs. He’s 9th in the NCAA in total yards basically sitting out two games. Better than Reggie Williams, most likely. He needs 300 yards to reach a 1000 yards on the season. First Husky receiver ever to have 4 straight 100 yard games. Have to give him major props for not taking USC’s portal NIL money

Comments

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Yeah, he's gone, and he should be. Hopefully we can hang onto McMillan. I don't think NFL scouts will be as impressed with his trademark baseball slide dropped pass that seems to show up once every game.

A WR group of McMillan, Polk, and Jackson should be decent. Maybe Alexander steps up. Tinae seems destined for a Montana State transfer.. I don't remember who else we have. Shepherd also really needs to add another blue chip WR commit to this class.

Giles Jackson should actually be really good with this group of receivers next season. He will be a 5 year senior
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,713 Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah, he's gone, and he should be. Hopefully we can hang onto McMillan. I don't think NFL scouts will be as impressed with his trademark baseball slide dropped pass that seems to show up once every game.

A WR group of McMillan, Polk, and Jackson should be decent. Maybe Alexander steps up. Tinae seems destined for a Montana State transfer.. I don't remember who else we have. Shepherd also really needs to add another blue chip WR commit to this class.

Giles Jackson should actually be really good with this group of receivers next season. He will be a 5 year senior
    He gets open down the field and seems to catch the ball well, making him less of a gimmick like he was last year
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2022

He's an OK 3rd guy I agree. When he starts to be the primary threat the offense is in trouble though.

Odunze is surely gone. McMillan is a good player but not a reliable #1 guy. Someone else needs to come in. Hopefully UWs offense is appealing to someone good in the portal.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,390 Swaye's Wigwam
    Next year could be
    1 Polk
    2 McMillan
    3 Jackson or Alexander or Davis

and I'm good with that
    Canadawg said:

Next year could be
    1 Polk
    2 McMillan

and I'm good with that

Very, very average group on the whole.

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

Next year could be
    1 Polk
    2 McMillan

and I'm good with that

McMillan and Polk are far from Average. Both are better than Petits. Jackson will be a senior and has improved significantly in both running routes getting open and making explosive plays.
    McMillan is still soft and unreliable about catching the ball. He has above average ability for sure but gives away about one play for every rwo he makes.

Jackson is small and not exceptional in any way. He does ok for what he has, but it's not much imo.

I love Polk but he doesnt do anything spectacular. He's just a solid guy with decent size.

The group youre talking about is solid but only has one potential difference maker without Odunze. They need a guy like that.
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

Next year could be
    1 Polk
    2 McMillan

and I'm good with that

McMillan and Polk are far from Average. Both are better than Petits. Jackson will be a senior and has improved significantly in both running routes getting open and making explosive plays.
    McMillan is still soft and unreliable about catching the ball. He has above average ability for sure but gives away about one play for every rwo he makes.

Jackson is small and not exceptional in any way. He does ok for what he has, but it's not much imo.

I love Polk but he doesnt do anything spectacular. He's just a solid guy with decent size.

The group youre talking about is solid but only has one potential difference maker without Odunze. They need a guy like that.

chuck said:

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

Next year could be
    1 Polk
    2 McMillan

and I'm good with that

I'd say Polk and McMillan have the ability to become full on #1 guys after another year. Not to mention the younger guys have not looked like jags in which case having 3 good recievers is better than having 1 elite one IMO
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,995
    chuck said:

Canadawg said:

Next year could be
    1 Polk
    2 McMillan

and I'm good with that

Huh?

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

Next year could be
    1 Polk
    2 McMillan

and I'm good with that

Huh?
    Polk is a good size receiver, not huge, with average speed. I know he's good, but he's not making guys miss with the ball or creating big plays on his own. He's good but not a star.

McMillan has star stuff but still looks soft and drops balls regularly.

Jackson is a jag.

The other hopefuls aren't even getting reps, so who knows?

Do you think that's an exceptional receiver room with mo Odunze?
    It's also pretty clear that Shephard knows what he's doing which might be the most important part of how they will look next year
    edited October 2022

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

Next year could be
    1 Polk
    2 McMillan

and I'm good with that

Polk is nowhere near as good as Pettis. McMillan is getting there, but still not at his level. Him being a weirdo and sucking in the NFL is really causing some people to forget how dominant he was here.
    I don’t recall him doing much without Ross as a receiver. His return game is HOF status

13 games 63 catches 761 yards 12.1 average
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,713 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2022
    doogville said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

Next year could be
    1 Polk
    2 McMillan

and I'm good with that

Yea, this Pettis slander will not stand.

Polk flashes potential, but has had one great game in his career. And then he dissapeared.

Jackson is a JAG and if he's our 3 next year, we whiffed hard in the portal.
    Jackson has the highest catches-per-target against McMillan and Polk and has the fewest drops. Jackson would be starting on every Pac-12 team except UW and USC