Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

imminent Couch sell

Comments

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited October 2022

Michigan likes to play JAGS as true freshman
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

Next year could be
    1 Polk
    2 McMillan
    3 Jackson or Alexander or Davis

and I'm good with that

Very, very average group on the whole.
    McMillan and Polk are far from Average. Both are better than Petits. Jackson will be a senior and has improved significantly in both running routes getting open and making explosive plays.
    Polk is nowhere near as good as Pettis. McMillan is getting there, but still not at his level. Him being a weirdo and sucking in the NFL is really causing some people to forget how dominant he was here.
    Pettis housed 9 punt returns. Polk has caught a handful of TD passes and had one huge game. He has a ways to go.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

Next year could be
    1 Polk
    2 McMillan

and I'm good with that

McMillan and Polk are far from Average. Both are better than Petits. Jackson will be a senior and has improved significantly in both running routes getting open and making explosive plays.
    Polk is nowhere near as good as Pettis. McMillan is getting there, but still not at his level. Him being a weirdo and sucking in the NFL is really causing some people to forget how dominant he was here.
    Pettis housed 9 punt returns. Polk has caught a handful of TD passes and had one huge game. He has a ways to go.
    I mean the punt returns is a different thing, seeing as this discussion is about these guys as wide receivers. Obviously the PRTDs put Pettis in a class by himself.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

Show me one exceptional play that Jackson has made. Just one.

He isn't fast or quick, doesn't threaten the defense with RAC, and hasn't come close to housing a single kick or punt. I don't know what led to him starting at michigan, but he left there for a reason.
    I think he housed a kick or two his freshmen year at Michigan. I get your point though. I think he has some good quickness but he stops his feet wayyy too much so he often doesn’t get the yards that are there. I prefer Davis and Polk to get reps
    Over him at wr.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,390 Swaye's Wigwam
    McMillan was better in Kick return than Jackson was
    dnc said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

Next year could be
    1 Polk
    2 McMillan

and I'm good with that

I mean the punt returns is a different thing, seeing as this discussion is about these guys as wide receivers. Obviously the PRTDs put Pettis in a class by himself.
    It illustrates my point. Pettis made plays on his own. He had that ability and showed it early and often for hia whole career. Its hard to find a better example than a guy with 9 return TDs. Odunze does by breaking tackles and putting pressure on the D every time he touches it. McMillan is capable of the same but doesn't fight for it like Odunze.

Jackson has yet to do anything of the sort. If memory serves he had played about 20 games at UW. I'm waiting.
    chuck said:

He isn't fast or quick, doesn't threaten the defense with RAC, and hasn't come close to housing a single kick or punt. I don't know what led to him starting at michigan, but he left there for a reason.
    https://youtu.be/SdwBS1KQZKw

chuck said:

https://youtu.be/SdwBS1KQZKw
    He has a couple of plays in that entire clip where he did anything on his own. The KOR touchdown he had two guys to beat and both should have had him. They just waved at him as he ran by. He was schemed open for some offensive plays but didn't have to create anything.

Plus that was then, this is now. He has had plenty of time to do it at UW. He hasn't made any big returns and only a couple that were even good plays on his part. Most often he struggles to reach the 25 on kickoffs.

I'm not saying he's bad though. He's a nice player. He's not making big plays on his own though and doesn't strike fear in anybody.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,975 Founders Club

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

Next year could be
    1 Polk
    2 McMillan

and I'm good with that

I don’t recall him doing much without Ross as a receiver. His return game is HOF status

13 games 63 catches 761 yards 12.1 average
    Was that his senior year stay line? I remember him missing time that year but thought he still had more yards than that.

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

Next year could be
    1 Polk
    2 McMillan

and I'm good with that

I don’t recall him doing much without Ross as a receiver. His return game is HOF status

13 games 63 catches 761 yards 12.1 average
    Was that his senior year stay line? I remember him missing time that year but thought he still had more yards than that.
    Senior year. He just wasn’t the same player without Ross. I remember this board making that complaint. In fact Browning wasn’t throwing the ball quick enough and he couldn’t get separation
    edited October 2022

WR Emeka Egbuka, Ohio State: The Buckeyes lost first-round picks Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave, and preseason All-American Jaxon Smith-Njigba has caught only four passes while dealing with an injury. And yet: Ohio State still has gotten performances from two wide receivers who are worthy of midseason All-America honors. Marvin Harrison Jr. has dazzled with some highlight-reel plays, but the nod goes to Egbuka, who has 35 catches for 655 yards and six touchdowns, with four 100-yard games. Egbuka averages 13.4 per target, according to TruMedia, and 9.91 yards after the catch.

WR Rome Odunze, Washington: Odunze has teamed with quarterback Michael Penix Jr. to lead a breakthrough on the Washington offense under new coach Kalen DeBoer. He missed the Huskies’ FCS game but has 44 catches for 693 yards and six touchdowns, averaging 140.3 yards in four Pac-12 games. For the season, he averages 10.8 yards per target
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

WR Emeka Egbuka, Ohio State: The Buckeyes lost first-round picks Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave, and preseason All-American Jaxon Smith-Njigba has caught only four passes while dealing with an injury. And yet: Ohio State still has gotten performances from two wide receivers who are worthy of midseason All-America honors. Marvin Harrison Jr. has dazzled with some highlight-reel plays, but the nod goes to Egbuka, who has 35 catches for 655 yards and six touchdowns, with four 100-yard games. Egbuka averages 13.4 per target, according to TruMedia, and 9.91 yards after the catch.

WR Rome Odunze, Washington: Odunze has teamed with quarterback Michael Penix Jr. to lead a breakthrough on the Washington offense under new coach Kalen DeBoer. He missed the Huskies’ FCS game but has 44 catches for 693 yards and six touchdowns, averaging 140.3 yards in four Pac-12 games. For the season, he averages 10.8 yards per target

Source?
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,364

dnc said:

Source?
    Where is gee Scott?
    Needs more tim
    edited November 2022
    The Penix Jr run in the first quarter has NFL scouts salivating, he shows pocket awareness, speed and ability to escape the pass rush. Browning would have taken a sac for 15 yard loss, Morris the same. Right now with two games left he’s 360 yards from 4000 on the season

“I don’t want to get stuck with the ball”
    Michael Penix Jr.

1st
    TD
    Tied-10th
    INT
    Tied-54th
    QBR
  • RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 819 Founders Club
    Gonna need an another top end QB out of the portal for it to matter.
    RTD said:

Gonna need an another top end QB out of the portal for it to matter.

Or hope Sam Huard has learned the system and taken away something from watching how a qb should play