Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Interesting Games this Week

13»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,226
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Venables is a coordinator pretending to be a head coach

Now do Aranda.
    Make me

Quite honestly I've forgotten who he is
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,604
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is Brent Venables a shitty defensive coach? Oklahoma has arguably a worse defense than UW. Is it Venables? His players? They are probably not all 0* white walk-ons. Maybe his scheme is harder to figure out than Grinch's was? Who knows? Was Dave Aranda a shitty defensive coach? He took over a defense in 2020 that gave up 19.8ppg. His first defense gave up 29.2. This shit happens in year one. If UW's offense was always Petersens whether Smith or Bush was calling the plays (which I agree with) then Oklahomas or Baylors defenses are/were all Venables/Arandas. I give these defensive coaches until the first game of next year to figure this shit out. Not fixed? Then I'm out, not until then.

Weird examples since Aranda fired his offensive coordinator after a disastrous offense led them to a 2-7 record in 2020. That was his first season. And you can bet your ass Venables will also be door-ass-outting a good number of his staff as well at the end of what will inevitably be a pitiful first year for him.
    They are both examples of guys with bad defense in their first year of P5 coaching. What’s different is that both are defensive coaches. Aranda stayed his course on defense and it panned out in year two. KDB has worked with these defensive guys in the past. They’ll get another year. It took these same guys until year two to be defensively successful at Fresno. In the 80’s in total defense in 2019, in the 20’s their second year in 2021. And before you say, this ain’t the WAC, Dickert was DC at Wyoming before WSU. His defense at Wazzu is good. Better than UWs anyway.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Now do Aranda.
    Make me

Quite honestly I've forgotten who he is
    I chortled. Thank you.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Is Brent Venables a shitty defensive coach? Oklahoma has arguably a worse defense than UW. Is it Venables? His players? They are probably not all 0* white walk-ons. Maybe his scheme is harder to figure out than Grinch's was? Who knows? Was Dave Aranda a shitty defensive coach? He took over a defense in 2020 that gave up 19.8ppg. His first defense gave up 29.2. This shit happens in year one. If UW's offense was always Petersens whether Smith or Bush was calling the plays (which I agree with) then Oklahomas or Baylors defenses are/were all Venables/Arandas. I give these defensive coaches until the first game of next year to figure this shit out. Not fixed? Then I'm out, not until then.

Weird examples since Aranda fired his offensive coordinator after a disastrous offense led them to a 2-7 record in 2020. That was his first season. And you can bet your ass Venables will also be door-ass-outting a good number of his staff as well at the end of what will inevitably be a pitiful first year for him.
    They are both examples of guys with bad defense in their first year of P5 coaching. What’s different is that both are defensive coaches. Aranda stayed his course on defense and it panned out in year two. KDB has worked with these defensive guys in the past. They’ll get another year. It took these same guys until year two to be defensively successful at Fresno. In the 80’s in total defense in 2019, in the 20’s their second year in 2021. And before you say, this ain’t the WAC, Dickert was DC at Wyoming before WSU. His defense at Wazzu is good. Better than UWs anyway.
    Huh? I said Aranda fired his OC, not DC. Not that that makes a difference. Coaches fire bad assistants. You made a shitty analogy to try to prove a bad point. It happens.

And lmao at WSU's defense being the new blueprint. Fucking Christ.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Huh? I said Aranda fired his OC, not DC. Not that that makes a difference. Coaches fire bad assistants. You made a shitty analogy to try to prove a bad point. It happens.

It's like you can't or won't understand that Aranda had a bad defense in his first year. I've written it twice. He's was the DC in year one and year two. They got better in year two. Why are you continuing to bring up the offense?

I brought up Dickert not as a blueprint (your words not mine) but as an example of a MW DC that didn't shit his pants at the P12 level. If you can't see the Cougs have a competent defense then your eyes aren't as good as mine. My god, you're being so obtuse.

Baylor took a step back this year anyway so FYFMFE
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,715
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

haie said:

dtd said:

ntxduck said:

Never hire the career coordinator

He's the closest you'll ever get to a national championship.
    A retard got Oregon close to a natty. Thanks for playing, the dumbest motherfucker to ever poast here.
    You in January 2015:

"We're going to win the Natty!!! We just beat defending champs Florida State!!!!!!"
  • Options

It's like you can't or won't understand that Aranda had a bad defense in his first year. I've written it twice. He's was the DC in year one and year two. They got better in year two. Why are you continuing to bring up the offense?

I brought up Dickert not as a blueprint (your words not mine) but as an example of a MW DC that didn't shit his pants at the P12 level. If you can't see the Cougs have a competent defense then your eyes aren't as good as mine. My god, you're being so obtuse.

I'll make this simple for you. Aranda, a defensive coach, fires his OC after one year. That's analogous to Deboner, and offensive coach, firing his DC after one year.

Yet you apparently have shit for brains and think Aranda is somehow an example of "just wait for the coordinator get his guys in!" because he kept his DC, which was clearly not the problem unit on the team. Likewise, nobody is suggesting Grubb gets canned after this year.

I can't believe I had to spell that out. Christ you're dumb.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'll make this simple for you. Aranda, a defensive coach, fires his OC after one year. That's analogous to Deboner, and offensive coach, firing his DC after one year.

Yet you apparently have shit for brains and think Aranda is somehow an example of "just wait for the coordinator get his guys in!" because he kept his DC, which was clearly not the problem unit on the team. Likewise, nobody is suggesting Grubb gets canned after this year.

You seem to be an angry person. I feel bad for you. If you think 29ppg is "clearly not a problem" then you're mentally handicapped. 29 is worse or equal to Nick Holts first two UW defenses. That's bad defense. Once again you're stuffing words in my mouth and calling me out for it. I never mentioned DeBoers offense. You did. Let me spell this out for you, my thick skulled contrarian.

Is DeBoer a first time P5 HC? Y or N

Was Aranda a first time P5 head coach in 2020? Y or N

Is that a similarity? Y or N

Is DeBoers defense at UW bad? Y or N

Was Arandas defense bad at Baylor year 1? Y or N

Did Aranda fire his defensive staff? Y or N

Was Arandas defense better in 2021? Y or N

No one knows for sure but I feel that, like Aranda, DeBoer will keep his defensive staff for another year. Aranda had faith in himself and his guys defensively. My feeling is that KDB probably has that same faith in his guys. Under your reasoning Aranda should have fired EVERYONEgif because everything was bad. He didn't.

Once again, I'm not talking about offense. Im talking about defense. Take out that they coached on different sides of the ball as coordinators and please concentrate on them strictly as first time P5 HC's with bad defenses. You're making the comparison harder than it has to be.

I'm pretty sure that this discussion, not my blatant homosexuality, has given me full blown AIDS, so thanks for that.

• Options

You seem to be an angry person. I feel bad for you. If you think 29ppg is "clearly not a problem" then you're mentally handicapped. 29 is worse or equal to Nick Holts first two UW defenses. That's bad defense. Once again you're stuffing words in my mouth and calling me out for it. I never mentioned DeBoers offense. You did. Let me spell this out for you, my thick skulled contrarian.

No one knows for sure but I feel that, like Aranda, DeBoer will keep his defensive staff for another year. Aranda had faith in himself and his guys defensively. My feeling is that KDB probably has that same faith in his guys. Under your reasoning Aranda should have fired EVERYONEgif because everything was bad. He didn't.

Once again, I'm not talking about offense. Im talking about defense. Take out that they coached on different sides of the ball as coordinators and please concentrate on them strictly as first time P5 HC's with bad defenses. You're making the comparison harder than it has to be.

I'm pretty sure that this discussion, not my blatant homosexuality, has given me full blown AIDS, so thanks for that.

Not a problem and not the problem are two different things. Learn to read then learn the difference. And then fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not a problem and not the problem are two different things. Learn to read then learn the difference. And then fuck off and die.
    LOL. You’re so angry. I hear walks for perspective are helpful in these situations. You need a hug?
  • Options

LOL. You’re so angry. I hear walks for perspective are helpful in these situations. You need a hug?
    Sounds like you hate this board after a two game losing streak
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Every coach needs time to get his guyz in there. The question is, how much time should a coach need to get his guyz in there before the "he needs time to get his guyz in there" becomes the excuse?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Every coach needs time to get his guyz in there. The question is, how much time should a coach need to get his guyz in there before the "he needs time to get his guyz in there" becomes the excuse?

This same time next year for the defensive coaches. If it looks the same, demotions or firings are in order. Six games in year one? Not so much.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,682
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I know that Tennessee kicker made the game winner, but that was the ugliest, low-confidence kick I've ever seen go through the uprights.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I know that Tennessee kicker made the game winner, but that was the ugliest, low-confidence kick I've ever seen go through the uprights.

Maybe gymnastics is moar you’re speed.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,226
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:
    #34 botched the kick in incredibly stupid fashion and Nick strokes out

It just means more