Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Interesting Games this Week

Comments

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,811 Founders Club
    Those guys Jim Knowles is coaching look like Ohio State Groz!
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,540 Swaye's Wigwam
    Some context to that year-on-year improvement is that, so far this year, aOSU has played a pretty offensively inept half of their schedule. A Wisconsin team that lost to Cuog and a Notre Dame team that should have lost to Cal are their toughest challenges so far. We'll see what happens against Michigan and Pedo. Really, the B1G is WAY worse than the PAC this year below the top two teams.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,675 Founders Club
    They played Oregon last year who worked them over but the rest of the dreck is the same

Michigan scored big too

But a solid point
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

TheHB said:

The way the doogs are excusing UW’s defensive dreckfest as all a matter of lousy recruiting, portal hijinx and injuries would make one believe UW would be near the bottom of this list.

But yeah, let’s just pretend coaching has little to do with it.

How many of the 25 four star players UW has left are in the defensive backfield? Two great ones come to mind. Turner and KamFab. You’re right, it’s coaching, UW should be waaaay better back there with two great talents like them roaming the field!
    Fuck off, a good staff could put together a halfway competent secondary with a dozen white walk ons. But we're not even close to halfway competent, and we still have a lot more fucking talent than a dozen white walk ons.

This is a hack job by Inge, Morrell, Juice, and whichever other dipshits have input on this defense. Clean fucking house and sign better players.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,824 Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

How many four star DBs does Utah have? Coaching is important.

How long has the Utah staff been in place? Context matters. Feel free to continue to die on that hill.
    So I take it you’re officially in the “he needs more tim/wait till he gets his players/this shitshow is to be expected/the players he has now all suck” camp?

Cool.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,538 Founders Club

Some context to that year-on-year improvement is that, so far this year, aOSU has played a pretty offensively inept half of their schedule. A Wisconsin team that lost to Cuog and a Notre Dame team that should have lost to Cal are their toughest challenges so far. We'll see what happens against Michigan and Pedo. Really, the B1G is WAY worse than the PAC this year below the top two teams.
    I hear what you're saying but I was joking
    Is Brent Venables a shitty defensive coach? Oklahoma has arguably a worse defense than UW. Is it Venables? His players? They are probably not all 0* white walk-ons. Maybe his scheme is harder to figure out than Grinch's was? Who knows? Was Dave Aranda a shitty defensive coach? He took over a defense in 2020 that gave up 19.8ppg. His first defense gave up 29.2. This shit happens in year one. If UW's offense was always Petersens whether Smith or Bush was calling the plays (which I agree with) then Oklahomas or Baylors defenses are/were all Venables/Arandas. I give these defensive coaches until the first game of next year to figure this shit out. Not fixed? Then I'm out, not until then.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,675 Founders Club
    Venables is a coordinator pretending to be a head coach
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,597

Never hire the career coordinator
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,211

Also, his name is Brent.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,534 Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

ntxduck said:

He's the closest you'll ever get to a national championship.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,597
    haie said:

dtd said:

ntxduck said:

Chip got a hell of a lot closer
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,534 Standard Supporter
    haie said:

dtd said:

ntxduck said:

A retard got Oregon close to a natty. Thanks for playing, the dumbest motherfucker to ever poast here.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Is Brent Venables a shitty defensive coach? Oklahoma has arguably a worse defense than UW. Is it Venables? His players? They are probably not all 0* white walk-ons. Maybe his scheme is harder to figure out than Grinch's was? Who knows? Was Dave Aranda a shitty defensive coach? He took over a defense in 2020 that gave up 19.8ppg. His first defense gave up 29.2. This shit happens in year one. If UW's offense was always Petersens whether Smith or Bush was calling the plays (which I agree with) then Oklahomas or Baylors defenses are/were all Venables/Arandas. I give these defensive coaches until the first game of next year to figure this shit out. Not fixed? Then I'm out, not until then.

It has only been six games. I’m with you in that it is possible the coaching is fine. They could also get better. However, they look so bad right now that if there is not improvement, bring in a stud DC and let him take over that side of the ball.

It is too early to completely write off some of the players. They don’t look good but Elijah Jackson and Banks are freshman and are playing because of injuries and shitty depth.

Budda was terrible his first 2-3 games. Sidney Jones had some rough games as a freshman. King sucked for years. What we do need to see is improvement and we will have a better idea if the coaching is competent.

If it’s a talent issue, we need to hit the portal hard and bring in a bunch of guys to creat competition and get better.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,538 Founders Club
    dtd said:

ntxduck said:

Now do Aranda.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Weird examples since Aranda fired his offensive coordinator after a disastrous offense led them to a 2-7 record in 2020. That was his first season. And you can bet your ass Venables will also be door-ass-outting a good number of his staff as well at the end of what will inevitably be a pitiful first year for him.