Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Interesting Games this Week

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,538 Founders Club
Alabama at Tennessee
Penn State at Michigan
Minnesota (4-1) at Illinois (5-1)
Okie State at TCU
USC at Utah

Comments

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,305 Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm very curious to see how USC/Utah plays out. The talented programs in the Pac-12 (Oregon, UCLA, USC) having their shit together could spell doom for the Ute dynasty. Getting the game at home is big for them though and it's probably a must win if they want to get to the championship game.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,410 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2022

I'm very curious to see how USC/Utah plays out. The talented programs in the Pac-12 (Oregon, UCLA, USC) having their shit together could spell doom for the Ute dynasty. Getting the game at home is big for them though and it's probably a must win if they want to get to the championship game.

UCLA doesn't have a huge talent advantage over Utah these days

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,597
    Canadawg said:

How does David Shaw have a job?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,677 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2022
    Canadawg said:

Fuck me. I can’t read.

• LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,788
    ntxduck said:

Canadawg said:

Everyone’s afraid of his smugness. Can’t fire that.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,180
    ntxduck said:

Canadawg said:

Tree cares less about football than we? do.

(Might be a true statement….probably a true statement)
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,824 Swaye's Wigwam
    The way the doogs are excusing UW’s defensive dreckfest as all a matter of lousy recruiting, portal hijinx and injuries would make one believe UW would be near the bottom of this list.

But yeah, let’s just pretend coaching has little to do with it.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,811 Founders Club
    TheHB said:

The way the doogs are excusing UW’s defensive dreckfest as all a matter of lousy recruiting, portal hijinx and injuries would make one believe UW would be near the bottom of this list.

How many of the 25 four star players UW has left are in the defensive backfield? Two great ones come to mind. Turner and KamFab. You’re right, it’s coaching, UW should be waaaay better back there with two great talents like them roaming the field!
    How many four star DBs does Utah have? Coaching is important.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,410 Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

How many of the 25 four star players UW has left are in the defensive backfield? Two great ones come to mind. Turner and KamFab. You’re right, it’s coaching, UW should be waaaay better back there with two great talents like them roaming the field!

IMO talent matters if you want to be elite but coaching is why these guys can't figure out how to be near the people catching the ball
    Look, it’s obviously a combination of things that has created this keystone cops of a pass D. But when the players and coaches keep saying communication is a big issue, that’s code for players not knowing what the fuck to do.

There is enough talent for the pass D to be average, which would still suck. But without coaching we’re not going to see it.

DeBoner needs to light some fire under some asses, and then kick those asses to the curb— like right after Arizona wins.
    And BTW, fuck Cam Williams and him telling DeBoner he’s gonna redshirt. What, so he’ll have an extra year when he portals? FTG. Make him play on special teams the rest of the year, then cut his ass loose.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam

Looks like a coin flip because UCLA is better (maybe significantly) than both of them.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,305 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

I guess that's true with Chip's recruiting. I guess it was more that any other team with any talent and prestige in the conference has been so poorly coached in the past couple years it was there for the taking for Utah and that's not the case any more.

I have no idea what's changed with Chip and UCLA. Maybe DTR is coaching the team?
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,597

Canadawg said:

I guess that's true with Chip's recruiting. I guess it was more that any other team with any talent and prestige in the conference has been so poorly coached in the past couple years it was there for the taking for Utah and that's not the case any more.

I have no idea what's changed with Chip and UCLA. Maybe DTR is coaching the team?
    When he first came in the previous regime’s players hated his ass (hard to think of a bigger difference from mora to chip in terms of how practices are run) and until they got cycled out of the program he was never going to have success. He didn’t have that issue at Oregon because he’d already been OC for 2 years
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,534 Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

Canadawg said:

He lost a Fiesta Bowl 10 years ago.

• dtddtd Member Posts: 4,534 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2022

Canadawg said:

Not defending him, as an Oregon fan, but they lost dozens of players when he took over. They weren't bailing water, they were dragging it up from the ocean floor. Covid bought him another year and now we see some of his raw athletes who have been in the system a few years playing well. A couple huge portal scores, an 8th year sr QB, a shit ass conference, and a-waaay weee goooo. Next year will be the real test with DTR, Chardonnay(ILTCHT) and Bobo all gone. But who are we kidding he'll go 7-5 with Garbers and it's UCLA so it will be another treadmill until the stars align and they have 47 seniors again. He should have been fired 2 years ago.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    SC is slightly above average. They needed a break to win 17-14 in Corvallis and used a plethora of gifts from WSU and the refs to cover against them.

Caleb Williams completed 52% of his passes and threw for 188 yards against my vaunted Coug secondary. They are no world beaters.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,912
    TheHB said:

How many four star DBs does Utah have? Coaching is important.

How long has the Utah staff been in place? Context matters. Feel free to continue to die on that hill.