Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ranked teams struggling

2»

Comments

• DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,489
    Not an excuse but it was obvious the refs had their money on fUCLA. Ticky tack holds called on us, blatant holds on them not called. Spots, etc. They tried to even it out by calling false starts on fUCLA but the Pac-12 refs were predictably horrible.

• QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,293 Swaye's Wigwam

Today has been a blood bath

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam

Not an excuse but it was obvious the refs had their money on fUCLA. Ticky tack holds called on us, blatant holds on them not called. Spots, etc. They tried to even it out by calling false starts on fUCLA but the Pac-12 refs were predictably horrible.

The personal foul on Rosengarten was pretty fucking bad. He barely laid a hand on the guy and was only trying to get him out of the scrum. The guy either flopped or tripped himself.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,412 Swaye's Wigwam

People forget that most college teams piss on themselves pretty frequently. People here are too used to Pete and his uncanny ability to never lose by a large margin. The MSU win also showed how used to not beating a name brand OOC team we were.

Pete was consistent milquetoast, but the majority of college football is pure fucking chaos. Get used to not knowing what the fuck is coming down the pipe.

This. There is little if any week to week logical continuity in cfb. There are 3 juggernauts and 127 teams trying to get their shit together.
    You think bucknuts feel like they've figured it out?

Nattys in the past 50 years:
    UW 1
    OSU 2

They do beat up on the BIG10 but it's not like they're playing Cal in a rainstorm every year so how hard can that be
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

The wefs scwed us!

Fuck off Preston. Blaming refs after getting blown out is for losers.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    Canadawg said:

People forget that most college teams piss on themselves pretty frequently. People here are too used to Pete and his uncanny ability to never lose by a large margin. The MSU win also showed how used to not beating a name brand OOC team we were.

Pete was consistent milquetoast, but the majority of college football is pure fucking chaos. Get used to not knowing what the fuck is coming down the pipe.

This. There is little if any week to week logical continuity in cfb. There are 3 juggernauts and 127 teams trying to get their shit together.

UW 1
    OSU 2

They do beat up on the BIG10 but it's not like they're playing Cal in a rainstorm every year so how hard can that be
    Yeah, there are about three juggernauts any given year I'm not just talking about this year.

Used to be Clemson was part of the trio with Ohio St. and Bama. Not anymore.

Once upon a time it was Miami, FSU, Nebraska...etc.

Even Colorado and UW had juggernaut years.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,549 Swaye's Wigwam
    Georgia is losing at the half to Mizzou (ICTCTM). Did you expect a national title in DeBoer’s first year that’s what I thought.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,004
    chuck said:

The personal foul on Rosengarten was pretty fucking bad. He barely laid a hand on the guy and was only trying to get him out of the scrum. The guy either flopped or tripped himself.
    That was really the one horrible call I saw. The rest are just cfb fs, some are right, some wrong. I normally don't get into holding calls because there's no way I can see all the holding and not holding that is and isn't called. Nobody can really see them all, so it's not worth counting them up.

The ones I see that drive me crazy are the PI and the personal foul calls. PI is called horribly inconsistently and always has been. Fucking sucks. And the PF calls are getting more pussy as tim goes on.

I still also think that we baby QBs too much.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,534 Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

Georgia is losing at the half to Mizzou (ICTCTM). Did you expect a national title in DeBoer’s first year that’s what I thought.

We? expected the offense to be worse and the defense to be better.
    Canadawg said:

UW 1
    OSU 2

JFC you're stupid.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    MelloDawg said:

I didn’t. Needs to win the PAC 12 by year 3. We better beat ASU next weekend. Next four games should be wins. I’m cool with 8-1. I think it should happen, but tough to really believe with the defense looking like they have.

MelloDawg said:

I didn’t. Needs to win the PAC 12 by year 3. We better beat ASU next weekend. Next four games should be wins. I’m cool with 8-1. I think it should happen, but tough to really believe with the defense looking like they have.
    I'll never be one of those "the best thing that could have happened was to lose" doogs, but UW is going to roll the next 3 games. ROLL.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,412 Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

Canadawg said:

UW 1
    OSU 2

JFC you're stupid.

• TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,824 Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

MelloDawg said:

I'll never be one of those "the best thing that could have happened was to lose" doogs, but UW is going to roll the next 3 games. ROLL.
    Disagree
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,037 Founders Club

Today has been a blood bath

Best time of the month gif ever.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,028
    Alabama let Arky back in it and You g got hurt

Big Ten alpha MSU losing to Maryland

Georgia having to come back

UW losing in the road

Tough week for the CFB power brokers