Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Softy's take on crowd on Honks postgame show

2»

Comments

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,967
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Softy and the honks brought 0-12 us by not demanding Ty gone after year three. Hugh helped to bring us Gilby.

They can fuck off for eternity.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,350
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Alexis said:

Throw in the fact the ticket office is staffed by idiots. Tried to ask about getting E-1 passes this spring. Was told I had to be Tyee. I pointed out we've had 8 season tickets for over 40 years. Didn't matter, had to be tyee. Pointed out that the lot is only 1/3 full ever. Doesn't matter, need to be tyee.

So they got that going for them, which is nice.

Clearly, this is a situation where some fans just don't support the progrum.

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    TheHB said:

Alexis said:

Throw in the fact the ticket office is staffed by idiots. Tried to ask about getting E-1 passes this spring. Was told I had to be Tyee. I pointed out we've had 8 season tickets for over 40 years. Didn't matter, had to be tyee. Pointed out that the lot is only 1/3 full ever. Doesn't matter, need to be tyee.

So they got that going for them, which is nice.

Clearly, this is a situation where some fans just don't support the progrum.

BDE. (Big dannydevito energy)
  • Options
    StateChampWereUStateChampWereU Member Posts: 39
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment

I blame Peteresen. Crowd was ready to beat USC in 2016, it's been downhill since.

Crowd was ready to beat Oregon in 2019 too
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

I blame Peteresen. Crowd was ready to beat USC in 2016, it's been downhill since.

Yeah, I think the biggest takeaway is that UW lost three consecutive NY6 games and has won zero big games at home over the last 6 years.

There has been zero capitalizing on momentum, combined with just sheer averageness and severe sucking at times.

Huskies have been the worst home spectacle in Seattle sports over the last several years, and that is how they are treated.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah, I think the biggest takeaway is that UW lost three consecutive NY6 games and has won zero big games at home over the last 6 years.

There has been zero capitalizing on momentum, combined with just sheer averageness and severe sucking at times.

Huskies have been the worst home spectacle in Seattle sports over the last several years, and that is how they are treated.
    Covid, 4 game season and the way fans are treated with masks and shit is the other huge part of it.

50-120$ for single game tickets isn't much but it is when olds are staring at you, staff is telling you to put your mask on, and alcohol enforcement is staring at you just because you have a beer in your hand.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

Covid, 4 game season and the way fans are treated with masks and shit is the other huge part of it.

50-120$ for single game tickets isn't much but it is when olds are staring at you, staff is telling you to put your mask on, and alcohol enforcement is staring at you just because you have a beer in your hand.
    None of this matters if the team is good. They’re not. The end.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,150
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

haie said:

Neither helped
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

haie said:

Most teams aren't good. UW's situation is particularly bad because of the shitty AD paired with the shitty local culture that feed off eachother.