Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Softy's take on crowd on Honks postgame show

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
I thought there was about 25k at the game today including the 1-2k High School band/Cheerleaders.

Anyway he Called it embarrassing in 2nd segment, then in their final thoughts (imo a come to Jesus moment for him) wondered if the fan base/crowd engagement, etc that he grew up on is dead and gone and he's just the dinosaur who doesn't recognize it (answer is yes),

Him, Greg, and Mario also opined if there wasn't a sell out or close to it. (Thanks Sparty for bringing 5-10k of your owns fans to make it look better) that would be no bueno.

But then a doog tweeted him saying how could UW expect to compete today with the M's in the playoff race and Sounders on tv, along with prices to get in the game. Prices that would have been free or close to it with minimal effort the last two games.

Later in the evening, UW Leah gave him a twitter excuse punchlist of why the crowd was so poor. My favorites were the smoke from fires and Hamilton play tonight.

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

I thought there was about 25k at the game today including the 1-2k High School band/Cheerleaders.

Anyway he Called it embarrassing in 2nd segment, then in their final thoughts (imo a come to Jesus moment for him) wondered if the fan base/crowd engagement, etc that he grew up on is dead and gone and he's just the dinosaur who doesn't recognize it (answer is yes),

Him, Greg, and Mario also opined if there wasn't a sell out or close to it. (Thanks Sparty for bringing 5-10k of your owns fans to make it look better) that would be no bueno.

But then a doog tweeted him saying how could UW expect to compete today with the M's in the playoff race and Sounders on tv, along with prices to get in the game. Prices that would have been free or close to it with minimal effort the last two games.

Later in the evening, UW Leah gave him a twitter excuse punchlist of why the crowd was so poor. My favorites were the smoke from fires and Hamilton play tonight.

Cool story bro.
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,487
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I saw the cars exiting 520 this morning heading to Alaska Airlines Field. I remember wondering why anyone would go to see this game.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck off fat ass
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2022

This is what happens when you do the PC hire from within for AD instead of conducting a nationwide search for the best possible candidate.

Attendance was an issue well before Jenn was hired. She sucks, but not sure even Mike Lude could turn this around.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,149
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I stopped reading at “Softy’s take.”
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is what happens when you do the PC hire from within for AD instead of conducting a nationwide search for the best possible candidate.

Attendance was an issue well before Jenn was hired. She sucks, but not sure even Mike Lude could turn this around.
    Stanford had a good crowd today. It's not hard to understand. AD's are just massive losers.
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,487
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

AOG said:

I saw the cars exiting 520 this morning heading to Alaska Airlines Field. I remember wondering why anyone would go to see this game.

You're right, they should go get some stale popcorn and some warm RC Cola and sit in the rickety community college stands and watch a real WA college team, the Central Wildcats.

If they're lucky, Pennywise will be lurking under the bleachers to put them out of their misery.
    Right
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,105
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2022
    I think Oregon had more fans at the spring game.

edit: than today against the best tim in Washington.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2022
    LOL Softy doesn't understand why the student section wasn't as full today. Hahahaha

Just a really retarded way to pump up the MSU game, but still.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

godawgst said:

UW Leah is worse than OregonDuckGirl and it’s not even close. And that’s saying a lot.
    I think she just gave us the template for an alternative to Five Reasons: Five Excuses.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,601
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    godawgst said:

The smoke was legitimately a problem. Not horrible the first half, but when I left middle of the third it was bad and got much worse shortly after. It was also a shit opponent. Who cares about watching that game other than diehards when it's a hot day and there are many better things to do with your time?

You are also forgetting that UW sucked ass last year and there's no excitement around the program?

Most schools don't sell out anymore. After enduring the 5.5 total hours of travel time to and from the stadium, I won't be back for a while. Beer is colder, cheaper, and far better at my house.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    I blame Peteresen. Crowd was ready to beat USC in 2016, it's been downhill since.