Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Alright I'm calling it now

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited July 2022 in Hardcore Husky Board
Washington opens the season by beating Kent State rather easily, 34-17

Michael Penix throws for two touchdowns and runs for two more. Finishes the game in one piece!

Penix would have had three TD passes, but Devin Culp dropped an easy toss in the end zone in the third quarter. Subsequent field goal attempt was blocked. A smattering of boos is heard from the small crowd on hand despite an announced attendance of 68,435.

In the fourth quarter, Kuao Peihopa comes up with a big stop on 4th and 1... but a taunting penalty by Bralen Trice keeps a Kent State drive alive. Ushers remove @JoeEDangerously from Husky Stadium.

In the game's final seconds, a Kent State "Hail Mary" is intercepted near the goal line by Asa Turner, who goes on to be named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week.

Dawgs are 1-0!

Comments

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,115
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Michael Penix throws for two touchdowns and runs for two more. Finishes the game in one piece!

Penix would have had three TD passes, but Devin Culp dropped an easy toss in the end zone in the third quarter. Subsequent field goal attempt was blocked. A smattering of boos is heard from the small crowd on hand despite an announced attendance of 68,435.

In the fourth quarter, Kuao Peihopa comes up with a big stop on 4th and 1... but a taunting penalty by Bralen Trice keeps a Kent State drive alive. Ushers remove @JoeEDangerously from Husky Stadium.

In the game's final seconds, a Kent State "Hail Mary" is intercepted near the goal line by Asa Turner, who goes on to be named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week.

Dawgs are 1-0!

I can fully guarantee one accurate prediction in this poast
  • Options
    Founders Club

Dawgs are 1-0!

I'm calling that someone will post on the Kansas State forums about our matchup with KSU and that they're flying into Manhattan and asking where the coldest beers are in NYC
    Even better, someone here will post 5 Reasons on the Kansas State board, and get lectured by someone about how UW is playing Kent State
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,246
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2022

Dawgs are 1-0!

If there is a blocked kick involved, I’m in!
    *Chinned for “…a smattering of boos”…
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Taunting…during the play?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I'd also add in that Kent State's scrappy little tandem of RBs rushes for 200+ yards and averages 6.5 yards a carry but untimely passes and fumbles lead to Husky takeaways
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,246
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I just got a premonition...Yep, September is coming...FML

"In the game's final seconds, a Kent State "Hail Mary" is intercepted near the goal line by Asa Turner, who goes on to be named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week".

Scenario #1: Asa drops it (as my pops used to say, "Hit him in a bad spot...right in the hands"), and there is a horseshit holding call 30 yards off the ball, replay the down...

Scenario #2: Asa makes the pick, and there is a horseshit holding call 30 yards off the ball, replay the down...
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,836
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Sounds like Stalin is ready to Doog again.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Sounds like Stalin is ready to Doog again.

That was me giving it the old college try
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,466
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    34-17 win rather easily I predict
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,115
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I’m already annoyed at the thought of headlines reading the “Don James Bowl.”
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,062
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I wanna doog so bad.

In the Key of Sugar Rays 'Fly'

All around the world, as seen on Pac12 TV
    I've dooged for winning seasons
    Everyone I know has been so good to me
    Thirty one years old, Don James God rest his soul

I just wanna doog
    Relive the whammy in Miami
    Reminisce about a Natty
    I just wanna doog
    5 star hats are on the table
    Offseason natties are a staple

I just wanna doog

I know ...

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,445
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m already annoyed at the thought of the cuogcenter headlines reading the “First UW game since the away team put up 40 and rushed the field!”

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Dawgs are 1-0!

If Penis has to rush for two TDs, sooner than later his ACL will be door-ass-out.