Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It's Turner's Turn to Take Over at Safety and Not Let Go

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    HypnotiqueHypnotique Member Posts: 70
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Sunshine looks good……sitting on the bench
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Give him his degree and move on.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BBK, there have been some players that turn it on at the end. He said his tackling has been shit. LIPO
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

BBK, there have been some players that turn it on at the end. He said his tackling has been shit. LIPO

BBK didn’t shy away from hitting. His problem was he made a hit and the offensive player typically still gained 2 yards against him.
    It's true that BBK had a different mentality.

But I think the coaches have gotten through to Turner in that vein of 'Look in the mirror, you are fucking bigger than the guys trying to block you'
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,114
    I grew up bloodying my nose to wrestle down my older brother and his friends. You have to be a bit of a masochist.

On the other hand, a pussy is a pussy. Hope I’m wrong🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I grew up bloodying my nose to wrestle down my older brother and his friends. You have to be a bit of a masochist.

On the other hand, a pussy is a pussy. Hope I’m wrong🤷‍♂️

An older brother is one of the
    great motivators and teachers of young boys especially when it comes to sports. If the older brother is an asshole like mine was then so much the better. Black eyes, bloody noses and cut lips were old hat for me well by the time i was 6.

You can't play football if you aren't willing to do things you know are going to hurt. Turner clearly doesn't have that mentality. I doubt that changes.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,078
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I'll bet he looks much better this year than last. I'm not saying Pac-12 POTY, but I'm saying he'll play better and be adequate, because of the coaching change. Just a hunch. He also needs to stop isolating from teammates and become one of the boys.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

when he was driving that boat yesterday I was wondering if he was trying to avoid any contact with the boat touching the water.

A young Scott Glenn
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022
    haie said:

BBK at least always had a motor and despite being kind of weak early in his career, He stuck his nose in there and hit. Her didn't actively avoid tackles like this pussy has. Give me Cook at one safety and hopefully one of Turner, Cam Williams, and Irvin develop into an above average starter. Truthfully, all three suck tho. It would be awesome if Makell Esteen or Nunley surprised, but I doubt it. That would have been as good position to get a transfer, but easier said than done.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I'll bet he looks much better this year than last. I'm not saying Pac-12 POTY, but I'm saying he'll play better and be adequate, because of the coaching change. Just a hunch. He also needs to stop isolating from teammates and become one of the boys.

Honestly, I wish the players made his life fucking miserable for the pussy shit he has done on the field. It's not respectable. It's the number one thing in football. Play with attitude and effort. It's horrible for the whole team when you have a guy doing what he did. I'm mad thinking about it right now.
    We had other players who seemed to purposefully avoid taking people on. Both Jackson Sirmon and Sam Taimani constantly allowed themselves to be washed out of plays. Thankfully they are both gone but it was obviously ingrained in the fedense that it was ok to do that.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,078
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Honestly, I wish the players made his life fucking miserable for the pussy shit he has done on the field. It's not respectable. It's the number one thing in football. Play with attitude and effort. It's horrible for the whole team when you have a guy doing what he did. I'm mad thinking about it right now.
    Agreed it has been bad. I just have a hunch that someone is going to get through to him.

But I'm also the guy that once made the preseason prediction that Dashon Goldson would be Pac-10 Defensive POTY
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Agreed it has been bad. I just have a hunch that someone is going to get through to him.

But I'm also the guy that once made the preseason prediction that Dashon Goldson would be Pac-10 Defensive POTY
    Dashon goldson was actually really good. He was just on a shit team. He was a top level nfl safety for a stretch too. Shame he played during the dark years.
    Three of the four members of the secondary were NFL players. Goldson was the only one that actually had a good and lasting career but CJ Wallace and Roy Lewis also played in the league. Roy Lewis actually played five years. He probably gets the pension.
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 756
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

That might require vaccination.