Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We'll be podding this Friday evening

2»

Comments

• Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    In the light of USC and UCLA bailing for the Big 10, what is that going to do for the recruiting at UW and in the Pac-12 in general? And where is the airing of grievances?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,474
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022
    TXDawg said:

In the light of USC and UCLA bailing for the Big 10, what is that going to do for the recruiting at UW and in the Pac-12 in general? And where is the airing of grievances?

There's 3 tiers for the next few years:

U0 and UW - gone soon

Stanford and Cal - complete wildcard. Could be in B1G, could drop football for simulated Meta experience.

Rest of Pac - Big 12 if you're Utah and ASU (maybe) rest go to mountain west.

(Tier lol) WSU/OSU - you drop sports because you're poor and just embrace being community colleges
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,319
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

After today's announcement that the PAC-12 now is the Mountain West, do we still get to complain about DeBoner's "Mountain West recruiting"?

DeBoner is looking down at all the other midgets.
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited July 2022
    haie said:

TXDawg said:

That sparks a great question... If ASU moved to the G5, would that affect their ability to attract the top tier talent they get?

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I expect a shout out
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    TXDawg said:

haie said:

TXDawg said:

That sparks a great question... If ASU moved to the G5, would that affect their ability to attract the top tier talent they get?

God damn lol
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Actually we were so caught up in the USC and UCLA news that we didn't get to the questions here. Sorry about that, we will next time.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
    Founders Club

Actually we were so caught up in the USC and UCLA news that we didn't get to the questions here. Sorry about that, we will next time.

• Options
    Founders Club

I feel like if KDB and staff can recruit at UW somewhere between #20-35 nationally without a strong NIL pitch then they are absolutely killing it in recruiting. If these guys can coach and develop at a really high level then maybe UW can tread water in the 8-10 win level until the NCAA, Congress or the P5 conferences can regulate NIL to more equitably govern the sport. Has this week given any of you three renewed hope for the future of the program or am I drinking too much commitment Kool-Aide and can’t see the UW is DOOMED?

Well, I'll put it this way. At this juncture, I'd rather go forward with DeBoer and his staff and take my chances than have a burned out Peterman back with his staff. So if you want to call that increased optimism then there you go.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I don't think my shout out to @PurpleBaze and his massive dong were properly discussed in the last podcast.

Uhh... whut?
  • Options
    Founders Club

If UW follows the LA schools out of the PAC will you do the pod live from the Wig Wam in Gorst?

I've kicked around the idea of doing that for the 10th anniversary this year. But I'm still thinking.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,487
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

If UW follows the LA schools out of the PAC will you do the pod live from the Wig Wam in Gorst?

I've kicked around the idea of doing that for the 10th anniversary this year. But I'm still thinking.
    I'll bring the cupcakes.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I'll bring the cupcakes.
    The OGs here know that pie >>> cake.
    100%
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,487
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I'll bring the cupcakes.
    The OGs here know that pie >>> cake.
    You think I can afford fresh fruit filling in this economy?!

I won't call myself OG, but been around plenty long enough to know I blew the joke.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    haie said:

TXDawg said:

There's 3 tiers for the next few years:

U0 and UW - gone soon

Stanford and Cal - complete wildcard. Could be in B1G, could drop football for simulated Meta experience.

(Tier lol) WSU/OSU - you drop sports because you're poor and just embrace being community colleges
    Brutal … but true.