Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

USC/UCLA sell Pac 12 couch

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    TheHB said:

For me, it's simple. Big10 or bust. If UW ends up in the Big10, I actually think it could be a good thing. If UW ends up in the Big12 or there is some kind of merger between the remaining Pac teams and the Big12 or ACC or anything else, fuck it. The end has come.

Kind of... a Pac 12/Big 12/ACC merger could work if the right teams came a long

Oregon
    Washington
    Stanford
    Arizona
    Colorado
    Clemson
    Florida St.
    Miami
    Virginia Tech
    Virginia
    Oklahoma St
    Baylor
    Notre Dame
    Boston College
    Pitt
    UNC

This conference could have potential. Football would be a bit lower, but not embarrassingly bad. Basketball would be unreal!
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2022
    haie said:

Oregon and Washington, despite all these dumb ass rumors that the B1G is standing pat, should tell the Pac 12 to suck their dicks and give them an exponentially higher revenue share, go and maximize revenue as much as you can even if it means going with Amazon Prime, or fuck off.

If the Pac 12 really does feel like they need to expand, they should go get Hawaii and San Diego State.

Fuck getting Boise State.

Oregon and Washington could split 50% of the remaining deal and still bring in half what the super conference teams will bring in. Financially, there are two viable options. And keeping the Pac 12 with Oregon and Washington carrying the flag is not it.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

"Colorado/Utah - please step to the front of the class."
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,882
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club
    LawDawg1 said:

Fuck off to those that down voted me in the other thread.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,481
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2022
    LawDawg1 said:

UW and Oregon need to go actively and loudly speak with the SEC. Make the BIG consider they could lose Seattle and Portland TV markets and the west coast pod. Force the offer.

Or... more likely... get shunned by the SEC and lose any credibility whatsoever and maintain being the laughing stock of the country.

My guess is Oregon will do whatever it takes while UW will try to do it "the right way" and be stuck. Exactly as (not) planned.

Not trying to quook it up but Oregon will do all the work and if we go you go. So rest your head.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,456
    Swaye's Wigwam

LawDawg1 said:

Losers lose.
    Canzano is a dipshit.

Whoop dee doo, what a clickbait shit tweet.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2022
    Bob_C said:

LawDawg1 said:

People who understand anything about the CFB landscape today are not part of the "movement." People hung up on tradition can F off. Go read any B10 bored. No one wants any of the scrubs of this conference joining the B10. It's UO, UW, Utah, and toss-ups between Furd and Cal for academic smack talk. A lot want UNC and ND too, making 6 total.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    Bob_C said:

LawDawg1 said:

Well it still sounds like bullshit. When did they poll the public on this, ever? The entire notion this could happened started yesterday.

Also too, this will probably end up being the truth knowing the fuckwits in the NW running the show. I’m allowed to say this as a flaming liberal.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,481
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited July 2022

Bob_C said:

LawDawg1 said:

Well it still sounds like bullshit. When did they poll the public on this, ever? The entire notion this could happened started yesterday.

Also too, this will probably end up being the truth knowing the fuckwits in the NW running the show. I’m allowed to say this as a flaming liberal.
    I'm pretty sure that in the recent past there have been quotes from Cohen and others about the need to preserve rivalries, etc in the context of realignment happening.

Edit: Yes, "I'm pretty sure" is my source.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    One thing partially good that comes out of this: the whole "USC respects us" shit should be officially out of the window from here on out. They picked their soft powder blue cross-town rival and said "come along." There's no way the egg heads at UCLA thought this up on their own.

And off they'll go with no care in the world about the teams ... and history ... they leave behind.

• Options
    Poasted on tOSU bored that OR/WA applied to join the B10 yesterday. WSU, OSU, CU and AZ should get ready for MWC foes. Furd or Cal or both can join the B12 along with ASU. Put the Pac-12 offices up for lease, it's over.
  • Options

One thing partially good that comes out of this: the whole "USC respects us" shit should be officially out of the window from here on out. They picked their soft powder blue cross-town rival and said "come along." There's no way the egg heads at UCLA thought this up on their own.

And off they'll go with no care in the world about the teams ... and history ... they leave behind.

I'm sure when the SC AD called the UCLA AD and asked if he was interested in increasing his TV revenue by 3x, the conversation was very short. UCLA more than SC needed the revenue.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    Canadawg said:

Fuck this conference.
    Is there any actual chance that UW, Oregon, USC look for other opportunities or is that just bullshit I read here?

There is no chance
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

Poasted on tOSU bored that OR/WA applied to join the B10 yesterday. WSU, OSU, CU and AZ should get ready for MWC foes. Furd or Cal or both can join the B12 along with ASU. Put the Pac-12 offices up for lease, it's over.

That's the sensible fit for everyone except Cal and Furd. Stanford seems like a perfect fit for the B10 while Cal is in a perfect position to drop football.

Utah, Buff, and the Arizona schools seem perfect for the B12. They actually upgrade it.