Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Since the Billionaire Boys Club went poof…

2»

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Not financial advice, but I'm spreading some fun money to some low float small caps that have high CTB, utilization, and zero option chains. These types of stocks are explosive and MMs have less liquidity without the option chain, so even moderate buying pressure can make these stocks run and run fast. These things can run 15%-20% daily in any direction. On most swings, I allow myself 5-10% downside potential before exiting, on these plays however, I'm willing to go to 40%, but to counter that, I also only put half the normal investment in, so my actual dollar loss is about the same.

I don’t think I could handle the ups and downs of that hobby board.

Way above my head. But good chit all the same, ‘blood.

Bob_C said:

I’m continuing to buy and lose money.

I’m waiting for the bottom. Always the better play.
    Eventually the power bottoms will rule the world.
    edited June 2022

I-bonds are around 10% but you're limited to $10k.

That’s a good forget about it investment that would pay off nicely after 5 plus years. Too bad you can’t do more than that. It did say that you could put in another $5K if a tax refund. But it wasn’t clear about if you could add that one time or subsequent years?

And can you buy one the next year In addition??? Man. If you could just find 2 more things like this, every year or 3, it would add up with not a ton of cash committed. And it’s set it and forget it.