Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Uvalde, Texas tragedy: Recognizing the ROT in America’s soul

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Keep pretending society doesn't need families. Keep pretended single motherhood is awesome. Keep yelling about toxic masculinity. Keep insisting little boys and girls are the same. Keep taking away spaces were boys can thrive with other boys and learn from each other. Keep thinking drag queens are great role models. Keep thinking pro sports athletes are great role models. Keep thinking boys don't need actual male role models. Oh.... and keep thinking we have a gun problem and see where it goes
    All of those thing you describe are "progressive" and good things. Opposing any of that marks you as a Conservative hater.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Keep pretending society doesn't need families. Keep pretended single motherhood is awesome. Keep yelling about toxic masculinity. Keep insisting little boys and girls are the same. Keep taking away spaces were boys can thrive with other boys and learn from each other. Keep thinking drag queens are great role models. Keep thinking pro sports athletes are great role models. Keep thinking boys don't need actual male role models. Oh.... and keep thinking we have a gun problem and see where it goes
    Could you be more MAGA? Ugh! Such a phobe.
  • Options
    booker14booker14 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 148
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My first jr high football coach had a 90 yard pick six for UW in 1966 (against the Beavs).
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    booker14 said:

My first jr high football coach had a 90 yard pick six for UW in 1966 (against the Beavs).

Al Worley?
  • Options
    booker14booker14 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 148
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob Pederson - a guy nobody knows. He taught math and coached football.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,385
    Swaye's Wigwam
    booker14 said:

Oregon State was known as the giant killers that year and was UW's big win in a 5-5 season

Washington won only two of its six home games; the notable victory was over the "Giant Killers" of Oregon State in the conference opener.[2] The Huskies had just one loss after five games,[3] but won only one of the last five.[4][5]

This was the last year for natural grass in Husky Stadium; AstroTurf was installed prior to the 1968 season.

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,298
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Kids have been growing up with entitlement issues since the 80's. It's only gotten worse. When entitled people don't get their way, or feel shamed, they act out. Sometimes they act out in really horrible ways.

It's the environment and the people around them that create the monster, not the gun. If it was the gun, we'd have had school shootings regularly in the 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's. We didn't because kids were raised better. plain and simple.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

booker14 said:

Oregon State was known as the giant killers that year and was UW's big win in a 5-5 season

Washington won only two of its six home games; the notable victory was over the "Giant Killers" of Oregon State in the conference opener.[2] The Huskies had just one loss after five games,[3] but won only one of the last five.[4][5]

This was the last year for natural grass in Husky Stadium; AstroTurf was installed prior to the 1968 season.

I thought he sold appliances in Portland? No? Staff?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2022

Kids have been growing up with entitlement issues since the 80's. It's only gotten worse. When entitled people don't get their way, or feel shamed, they act out. Sometimes they act out in really horrible ways.

It's the environment and the people around them that create the monster, not the gun. If it was the gun, we'd have had school shootings regularly in the 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's. We didn't because kids were raised better. plain and simple.

The self esteem movement that started in the 70s….then entitlement issues…now extreme narcissism. I remember going to an assembly in 1975 to listen to some people tell me how awesome I was. I felt embarrassed for them.

This is how you get a 19 year old to burst into tears, scream, and cuss out adults over Halloween costumes.

https://youtu.be/9IEFD_JVYd0
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,255

Kids brought guns to school in the 70's and 80's.

Pheasant hunting after school was a thing.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2022

We had trap shooting in PE my senior year. Kept the shotguns in our lockers.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

My high school had a shooting club. People would put their guns in their lockers and go shooting after school.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

This has been discussed before. When I went to school, there were several positive male role models. Ex-service guys, former athletes who wanted to teach, a teacher who was a Peace Corps volunteer that survived the poverty of rural Iran in the 1960s, a teacher who loved to hunt and was always being called in by the state police to gut and butcher road killed deer and elk for soup kitchens. Today, very few male teachers and I doubt you could get a tire change out of any of them.

My first high school football coach flew combat missions in WWII
    Mine was a Kamikaze pilot.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,391
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Looks like they gave one of Gasbag's great grandsons his own radio show. Grew weary of his dramatic paws.

Did he ever end up saying what his point is?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2022

booker14 said:

The Giant killers were in 1967. I was alive, if not there.

And the Cougars also beat the Giant Killers that year.