Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sussman trial is a fraud

1235»

Comments

• trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2022
    trublue said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

trublue said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Dazzler talks about this shit. I've been on a case where a juror was thrown off because we went to the same high school that had over 2,600 students. Had no idea who the guy was.

Since we have no idea what the voir dire of that juror looked like, or whether the prosecution fought his being excused, so what?
    How many criminal cases have you prosecuted or been a defense attorney in AFTER passing the Bar exam?
    Feel free to explain how jury selection in a criminal case differs from jury selection in a civil matter.
    Ever get the feeling the Dazzler doesn't want to answer questions about his lack of actual trial experience?

Fortunately his evasive lack of responses tell us all we need to know.
    The vast majority of all cases never go to trial. And in the business/commercial arena, which I practice in, cases are more likely to be subject to arbitration by contract. I’ve arbitrated significantly more cases than I’ve tried.

Nonetheless, I have tried probably 15-20 cases and have directly observed or been involved in many times that range of jury selections.

I bow to your greater experience, of course.
    “The vast majority of cases never go to trial . . .”

No shit, Batman.

BTW: We were discussing criminal prosecutions, NOT arbitration(s).

Please explain the circumstances where you have directly observed or have been involved in many times that range (15-20) of jury selections in cases that were not yours.

Bump

Answer the last paragraph.

15-20 cases in civil court over approximately 35 years of practice is unimpressive.

Do you need me to explain to you why the jury selection process is much more important in criminal cases, Dildo?

Think burden of proof : Guilty beyond a reasonable doubt vs. Preponderance of the evidence.

Hope this helps . . .
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 18,954
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2022
    trublue said:

trublue said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

trublue said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Dazzler talks about this shit. I've been on a case where a juror was thrown off because we went to the same high school that had over 2,600 students. Had no idea who the guy was.

Since we have no idea what the voir dire of that juror looked like, or whether the prosecution fought his being excused, so what?
    How many criminal cases have you prosecuted or been a defense attorney in AFTER passing the Bar exam?
    Feel free to explain how jury selection in a criminal case differs from jury selection in a civil matter.
    Ever get the feeling the Dazzler doesn't want to answer questions about his lack of actual trial experience?

The vast majority of all cases never go to trial. And in the business/commercial arena, which I practice in, cases are more likely to be subject to arbitration by contract. I’ve arbitrated significantly more cases than I’ve tried.

Nonetheless, I have tried probably 15-20 cases and have directly observed or been involved in many times that range of jury selections.

No shit, Batman.

Please explain the circumstances where you have directly observed or have been involved in many times that range (15-20) of jury selections in cases that were not yours.

Bump

Answer the last paragraph.

15-20 cases in civil court over approximately 35 years of practice is unimpressive.

Do you need me to explain to you why the jury selection process is much more important in criminal cases, Dildo?

Think burden of proof : Guilty beyond a reasonable doubt vs. Preponderance of the evidence.

Hope this helps . . .
    I’m in civil court all the time, Dick Tracy. You just claimed to already know that only a tiny fraction of cases go to trial. 15 - 20 trials; hundreds of cases.

And we were talking about HOW juries are selected. The process is the same for civil and criminal cases. You’re simply evading the issue now.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

trublue said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Law clerks go to trials?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

trublue said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

That’s it? The scandal is that one juror’s daughter may know Sussman’s daughter?

Yuge!
    People who are connected to the defendant are always tossed. Always. Just like cops are always tossed. Or anyone related to cops. Anyone that knows a cop. Strange you know nothing about how this shit works.
    Mall Cop, judges aren’t tossing jurors for cause on a 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon analysis.
    Why sure. I have zero experience in a courtroom. Only the Dazzler can imagine an aquaintance being accepted as a juror. Ever had kids on team? Oh shit no you haven't anal birth isn't a thing.
    So you assume they were acquainted. Yet the lawyers were permitted to question her about this "connection" and the most they got was that they were in the same rowing program.

How many girls are in the program?

Do the girls know each other?

Are they friends?

Are they in the same boat?

Do you know the Defendant?

Have you met him?

Let's see the transcript before you assume the juror was sleeping with the Defendant, shall we Mall Cop?
    Maybe try some lawyering. It's like allowing jurors on the jury who donated to this guys employer and idolizer her. Fuck you really are clueless!
    So we're done talking about parents of kids on teams, I see.
    Since you have no children you are clueless on contact among teams and families. I have rather extensive experience here. You have contact. Frequently with teammate parents. Events, games, practice, gatherings, parties etc. etc.
    Madam, these parents had never met. Your current position that they may have brushed shoulders at some point in time is less than compelling.
    Transcript?

Jurors are allowed to be kicked for zero reason. This judge is packing the jury. You deny this is all anyone needs to see. Any means necessary comrade!
    You've obviously lied about your courtroom experience, Mall Cop.
    You’ve proven which of you lacks courtroom experience.
    Mall cop is full of shit.

And with all due respect, go fuck yourself.
    Fuck you don't even make the Strip Mall Lawyer list. Full of shit is you. We see it every day. Do you actually wonder why people don't like and make great fun of attorneys? You are probably personally responsible for half the joke content.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    trublue said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

trublue said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

No shit, Batman.

@HHusky has now resorted to online "Resume Builder" to mask his lack of real trial experiences.

I wonder how many times his resume says "participated in" or "facilitated."

Phony as Fuck, as Always.

trublue said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

trublue said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

No shit, Batman.

@HHusky has now resorted to online "Resume Builder" to mask his lack of real trial experiences.

Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to dig out that resume I handed myself when I hired me.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    HHusky said:

trublue said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

trublue said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

No shit, Batman.

Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to dig out that resume I handed myself when I hired me.
    Ah. So what choice did you have, when nobody else would hire you?

Thanks for yet another reveal.

HHusky said:

trublue said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

trublue said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

No shit, Batman.

Ah. So what choice did you have, when nobody else would hire you?

Thanks for yet another reveal.
    Don't be like that. Some of my best friends aren't self-employed.
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Good one, Dazzler.

Seriously doubt whether you have any friends . . . let alone best friends, plural.