Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pump my Gas Duck

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
First tim in years getting gas in Oregon.

Do I tip? Or is that racist?

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,426
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

Trick question

Oregon is whites only
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,358
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    pawz said:

It's oac grads that do it, they are the ones that eat napkins or steel sheep from the gay sheep study.

https://youtu.be/-MUYjvCpWcQ
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Goduckies said:

pawz said:

It's oac grads that do it, they are the ones that eat napkins or steel sheep from the gay sheep study.

Actually, Mike Parker is a U of O grad. Then went to the dark side.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I much prefer someone else pumps my gas, and I don’t get why the rest of the country doesn’t do it.

The worst that has happened is they started filming with regular instead of premium, both times I caught it before half a tank. Or waiting too long for someone to come back, but a small price to pay for not having to get off my ass or having a dribble of gas on me. Provides jobs for my fellow Ducks, etc.

Tipping is not a thing, unless they wash your windshield or some shit - which no one ever does anymore. Unless it’s a place where you have an account. We have one we go to where we sign our name, and they send us a bill monthly, whereupon we add a tip.

At the start of Covid they had self serve at a bunch of gas stations, and the number of people who didn’t know what to do was a bit surprising. I expected it from younger people, but a middle aged woman asking for help was unexpected.
  • Options

Goduckies said:

pawz said:

Actually, Mike Parker is a U of O grad. Then went to the dark side.
    True, but he is full Beaver now.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2022

I much prefer someone else pumps my gas, and I don’t get why the rest of the country doesn’t do it.

The worst that has happened is they started filming with regular instead of premium, both times I caught it before half a tank. Or waiting too long for someone to come back, but a small price to pay for not having to get off my ass or having a dribble of gas on me. Provides jobs for my fellow Ducks, etc.

Tipping is not a thing, unless they wash your windshield or some shit - which no one ever does anymore. Unless it’s a place where you have an account. We have one we go to where we sign our name, and they send us a bill monthly, whereupon we add a tip.

At the start of Covid they had self serve at a bunch of gas stations, and the number of people who didn’t know what to do was a bit surprising. I expected it from younger people, but a middle aged woman asking for help was unexpected.

I like them pumping my gas, but I don't like waiting around for some mouth breather to wait on me. 23 seconds of waiting is my max before I'd rather just do it myself.

Also, I don't tip.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I like them pumping my gas, but I don't like waiting around for some mouth breather to wait on me. 23 seconds of waiting is my max before I'd rather just do it myself.

Also, I don't tip.
    Must be black.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Also, I don't tip.
    Must be black.
    Nah just an old grumpy cheap ass