Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Petersen vs Hawaii

-1, losing only in Honolulu to the 2007 Hawaii team that went to the Sugar Bowl.

He knows how to take a team over to play in Hawaii and get them ready.

And he knows how to dominate lesser opponents. When you look at his record at Boise he never lost a game to a team that was clearly weaker than Boise. There were no embarrassing upsets. And most games were Boise routs. He was remarkably consistent.

Yes, he was dominating MWC/WAC teams. But he was doing it with MWC/WAC talent. He was that much better than his MWC/WAC peers.

We are going to dominate the teams we are supposed to dominate, and outcoach the teams with equal or greater talent. Just like what we got used to from 1975 to 1993.

Comments

• EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,960 Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm not worried about embarrassing upsets. That didn't even really happen under Sark. I want to see us beat the shit out of bad teams, not piss games away against good teams, and NEVER get plungered on the road.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,909 Founders Club

I'm not worried about embarrassing upsets. That didn't even really happen under Sark. I want to see us beat the shit out of bad teams, not piss games away against good teams, and NEVER get plungered on the road.

you're kidding, right?
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Are you new here?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,909 Founders Club

Are you new here?

The rest of the post lacks a tongue-in-cheek quality so I wonder if he's being serious.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

you're kidding, right?
    Other than the Apple Cup, I don't remember too many upset losses under Sark. There were many other bad losses where Sark's teams played like shit, but I doubt we were favored by more than 7 in any of them. I do remember getting plungered on the road against every good team, and even some mediocre ones.

you're kidding, right?
    Other than the Apple Cup, I don't remember too many upset losses under Sark. There were many other bad losses where Sark's teams played like shit, but I doubt we were favored by more than 7 in any of them. I do remember getting plungered on the road against every good team, and even some mediocre ones.
    I skimmed it too fast and misunderstood it. I thought he said "embarrassing losses", not upsets. My bad.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,960 Swaye's Wigwam

you're kidding, right?
    I should have clarified that. There obviously were embarrassing losses, that's why I hated Sark, but while there were numerous times where he tried to shit the bed, we didn't lose to Hawaii type schools under Sark, so there's no way I'm worried about it happening under Petersen. That was all I was saying.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Yes, he was dominating MWC/WAC teams. But he was doing it with MWC/WAC talent. He was that much better than his MWC/WAC peers.

I don't expect Peenerman to be perfect, but I'm pretty fucking sure we're going to pound the $75k Warriors.

In open defiance to @TierbsHsotBoobs‌, I cannot wait!
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

you're kidding, right?
    I don't like being taken to the final play against Eastern ...

Or beating Hawaii by 8 at home

Or beating San Diego State by 9 at home

Or losing to BYU ...

Or losing to Boise in a bowl game.

Wins are wins ... but fuck Sark tried like a mother fucker to give those games away.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

topdawgnc said:

you're kidding, right?

Or losing to BYU ...

Wins are wins ... but fuck Sark tried like a mother fucker to give those games away.
    Or getting blown out by a mediocre Arizona team
    Mediocre?? Have you not heard that the Arizona schools are now serious about football??
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

When you look at his record at Boise he never lost a game to a team that was clearly weaker than Boise.

El. Oh. El.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=272510264
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,164 Founders Club

When you look at his record at Boise he never lost a game to a team that was clearly weaker than Boise.

El. Oh. El.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=272510264
    UW. Rather easily. 24-10?
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

you're kidding, right?

Or losing to BYU ...

Or getting blown out by a mediocre Arizona team
    Mediocre?? Have you not heard that the Arizona schools are now serious about football??
    Yes, craves it, craves it