Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Brock Huard layed the smack down

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,642
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
Standard Supporter
Brock, this morning said Lindquist is not accurate and not very good and Cyler will be immediately inserted the next week. Brock said he worked with Belotti for a year and that Belloti said that more games are lost in week one by being sloppy and turning the ball over.
He said as long as Jeff doesn't turn the ball over they should take of business. I am not sure if Brock know how bad the Rainbows are?

Brock raved about how nice a guy Lindquist is and that he is from the Island. I guess being from the Island makes you extra special?

UW - 58
UH - 6

Comments

• Options
    SilkyJohnstonSilkyJohnston Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    How the fuck is Hawaii going to score 6 points?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    SilkyJohnstonSilkyJohnston Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Chow will be booed off the field if he's kicking fg's down 40 in the 3rd quarter
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I am sure they will booing Saturday night
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Brock is one of the better people in the sports media so him saying that is concerning. Not so much for the Hawaii game because I assume Washington will violently run through them like tissue paper, but if he made Lindquist sound that bad then we better hope Cyler doesn't get hurt and Troy Williams can stop his turnover prone play.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I figured a cerebral guy like Brock would recognize Lindy's potential.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Peterman is my coach.

Cyler (who doesn't like faggy 12's) is my QB.

Washington is my TB.

Budda is my safety.

VanWinkle is the sleeper.

They should be all tuned up for kickoff on the 27th.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Lindquist can't be bad.

Sark only recruited and landed the best QB's in the country, it is why he turned Heaps down.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    topdawgnc said:

Lindquist can't be bad.

Sark only recruited and landed the best QB's in the country, it is why he turned Heaps down.

Let's not count another one of Sark's QB recruits out when he gets back from his suspension... could make a strong push for heisman.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Since Lindy is better today than Williams is... and Brock says Lindy sucks to the point we may lose to Hawaii... then Williams sucks that bad too.

Can Peterman sell early playing time and get a top 5 QB like Sark and Mora can?

can Williams play TE or WR?

how will Lindy look in Red and Black?

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,197
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    With all these accuracy issues, it sounds like Lindquist is another Jack Lockner. I'm not saying he IS Jack Lockner or even sounds like him. You need to learn the difference and not twist what I say.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    MelloDawg said:

With all these accuracy issues, it sounds like Lindquist is another Jack Lockner. I'm not saying he IS Jack Lockner or even sounds like him. You need to learn the difference and not twist what I say.

I'd love to see what Petersen could have done with Jack H Lockner on his roster.

All this talk about who is starting at safety would be mute.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I forgot, brock said troy is more talented than jeff as well.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

How the fuck is Hawaii going to score 6 points?

Three safeties
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,496
    jecornel said:

I forgot, brock said troy is more talented than jeff as well.

Right, I think everyone here agrees with that.

The thing is, Troy is prone to turnovers and had a significantly higher rate of fumbles and interceptions in spring and fall camp than Lindy.

If they were equal in that statistic, they'd be playing Troy over Lindquist.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2014
    Brock has been to many practices the past two years. I'm sure Damon has as well. People who had all thought Lindquist was pretty bad and that Miles was much better. That's why I have a hard time believing Miles won't be the eventual starter.

In Lindy's defense, he admitted in the Spring his first two years weren't good. I'm sure he is a more confident player and has improved, but I can't say I have any confidence in him to beat a good PAC 12 team.

I think it's too early to say if Williams is any good. Peterman made it pretty clear Lindy is starting because he took care of the ball in the scrimmages. There were times when practice observers thought Williams looked better than Lindquist.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,496

I think it's too early to say if Williams is any good. Peterman made it pretty clear Lindy is starting because he took care of the ball in the scrimmages. There were times when practice observers thought Williams looked better than Lindquist.

I anticipate seeing Williams at some point against Hawaii. Petersen has emphasized building depth this year and one way to do that is to allow the back-ups to play. I think Petersen knows that Williams might be one snap away at some point, especially if Lindquist is injured or if he outperforms Lindquist during the season or into next year.

I think we'll see most of the 2-deeps on the field against Hawaii, especially our young secondary.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,125
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Peterman is my coach.

Cyler (who doesn't like faggy 12's) is my QB.

Washington is my TB.

Budda is my safety.

VanWinkle is the sleeper.

They should be all tuned up for kickoff on the 27th.

I see what you did there.
  • Options
    drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    If Lindquist goes 15-20 for 200yds, no INTs, 3 TDs, no sacks, 5 rushes for 50yds, then I see him continuing to start. If he produces then he's playing. Same goes for all of the positions. Let's see how they react when the game is live.