Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Recruiting board

Have we lost any semblance of caring about recruiting? Used to be hudl and opinions on virtually every recruit offered and some that weren’t. Are we in the wait and see mode or is it just too early? Got to admit I miss seeing some of this stuff here and hope that we eventually find our collective enthusiasm sometime rather than the melancholy that has affected myself and others regarding the state of college football.

Not asking for discord level dooging about any tweet sent out by a recruit but just a sign of life.

Comments

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,398
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was going to talk on the podcast about the sadness of having the top rated recruit and a Top 10 247/5-star recruit in Seattle who is the last guy in the 2022 to still not have signed but his thread on here isn't even visible when you open this forum because it's so buried. Then I realized how sad that was and talked about Jake Lockner instead.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It’s pure LIPO and prove it Season

Of course, in the vacuum people step up and you have the Discord crew (Acropolis, Stein, Coach V) running with things

I appreciate the effort but my general take is that this new group collectively are way too happy for the attention/access and spinning everything being sunshine and roses

The more time passes without material recruiting momentum (and that’s verbals and signings for those paying attention … not offers/visits) the greater the potential that the recruiting concerns expressed at the time of the hire were well founded
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I only enjoy following recruiting when I have actual hope that UW can land big time players. It’s depressing otherwise. That hope died during Lake’s implosion, and now we’re in limbo waiting to see if DeBoer is worth a damn in recruiting or not
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,060
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I suggest you find a hobby.

@DoogCourics and @Neighbor2972 used to be on top of all the offers. RIP to @DoogCourics and I think @Neighbor2972 stopped giving a fuck during the Lake era. If KDB starts landing some commits I think the interest will return but right now we're all in LIPO mode.

I still follow stuff on Twitter, just have very little interest posting about recruits who aren't coming here. Until a recruit shows actual interest in UW there's not much to talk about.

I was ready to get back into it with a new coach, but us being 5 years behind the game with NIL has made me more pessimistic about recruiting than ever.
    Couldn’t agree more
  • bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Of course, in the vacuum people step up and you have the Discord crew (Acropolis, Stein, Coach V) running with things

I appreciate the effort but my general take is that this new group collectively are way too happy for the attention/access and spinning everything being sunshine and roses

The more time passes without material recruiting momentum (and that’s verbals and signings for those paying attention … not offers/visits) the greater the potential that the recruiting concerns expressed at the time of the hire were well founded

The discord guys are cuck losers who can't even build a fucking website.

HTH
    I don’t hate on people trying to get their hustle on … more power to people

But luring people in and then dropping the “you can now pay us” plus heavy censoring they were doing … less than ideal.

But they are getting their access and shoutouts from the staff on KJR so more power to them
    They are getting shoutouts from KJR?

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

HTH

But luring people in and then dropping the “you can now pay us” plus heavy censoring they were doing … less than ideal.

But they are getting their access and shoutouts from the staff on KJR so more power to them
    They are getting shoutouts from KJR?
    Go listen to Softy’s interview with I believe it was Inge
  • bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    On what date do you recall?
    Within the last 2 weeks I believe
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

HTH

I hate people that think they're providing a value or service and when they aren't. Like, clearly are not. Plus they are assholes and ban anyone who hates what is clearly the worst AD we've ever had here.

What they did is only one or two steps above someone here linking a paypal account and then DM'ing people on Derek's website what bullshit 'rumors' they are hearing.

Or a quook that goes and spams links and articles in the refuge without donating, like it's his personal fucking website.
  • TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 461

Recruiting is gay

You would know
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

HTH

I hate people that think they're providing a value or service and when they aren't. Like, clearly are not. Plus they are assholes and ban anyone who hates what is clearly the worst AD we've ever had here.

What they did is only one or two steps above someone here linking a paypal account and then DM'ing people on Derek's website what bullshit 'rumors' they are hearing.

Or a quook that goes and spams links and articles in the refuge without donating, like it's his personal fucking website.
    It’s why they got a bunch of pushback

If you can get sheep to give you money for nothing then who’s the idiot?

Big fan of the open market for stuff like this
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

HTH

I knew that discord was dead when they tried to create a "negativity" channel and censor negative opinions in the main discussion channels
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Recruiting is gay

Fudgie! Good to see you bruh