Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

For fuck sakes, will one of you smarts convince me otherwise? Corona just a bunch-a-shit. Imagine

Comments

• Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    89ute said:

Tequilla said:

Yo Ute

If what’s happening in NYC doesn’t convince anybody of the dangers of treating this in an indifferent manner, not sure what would

The biggest thing that I see with this is how much more spreadable COVID-19 is. Increasing the volume causes all kinds of problems.

The lack of immunity or tested treatments at this point is obviously a concern ... also why we need to buy time to let our scientists do their jobs

Every where in the country will have different peaks but we’ll get this under control by early summer ... then it becomes a race to get treatments/vaccines before the Fall/Winter as well as figuring out what kind of mitigation steps we can take to further buy time

I don't see what's happening in New York being any different than any where else. Yes, we need more data and it's changing every day. I looked at the worldmeter, took the # of cases and # of deaths ratio. I looked at the top 12 states. Here they are by number of cases

NY 1.627
    NJ 1.202
    CA 2.110
    MI 2.410
    MA 0.97
    FL 1.21
    IL 1.41
    WA 4.43 (you guys suck at this)
    LA 4.27
    PA 1.20
    TX 1.35
    GA 3.10

To say to look at New York to be convinced, I see more people = more tests = more deaths. The ratio isn't out of line with the other big corona winners. It sounds scary to say New York has 965 deaths, almost half the US total, OUTTA FUCKING CONTROL SHUT IT DOWN - but it's a numbers game. More people, more cases, more deaths.

I get the concern and I may change my tune in a week but this is getting whipped up outa control. To me, what's happening in New York is no different than what's happening anywhere else.

No one gave a shit about this:

How many people died from h1n1 in the US?
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that swine flu infected nearly 61 million people in the United States and caused 12,469 deaths. Worldwide, up to 575,400 people died from pandemic swine flu.Feb 20, 2020

12K deaths and no one gave a shit. Relatively few people get corona and the fucking country gets shut down. I don't get it.

If this thing gets bigger than the regular flu and pneumonia, wake me up I'll be the first one to call 89ute a stupid fucking jackass.

A million dead Americans later.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2022

89ute said:

Tequilla said:

Yo Ute

If what’s happening in NYC doesn’t convince anybody of the dangers of treating this in an indifferent manner, not sure what would

The biggest thing that I see with this is how much more spreadable COVID-19 is. Increasing the volume causes all kinds of problems.

The lack of immunity or tested treatments at this point is obviously a concern ... also why we need to buy time to let our scientists do their jobs

Every where in the country will have different peaks but we’ll get this under control by early summer ... then it becomes a race to get treatments/vaccines before the Fall/Winter as well as figuring out what kind of mitigation steps we can take to further buy time

I don't see what's happening in New York being any different than any where else. Yes, we need more data and it's changing every day. I looked at the worldmeter, took the # of cases and # of deaths ratio. I looked at the top 12 states. Here they are by number of cases

NY 1.627
    NJ 1.202
    CA 2.110
    MI 2.410
    MA 0.97
    FL 1.21
    IL 1.41
    LA 4.27
    PA 1.20
    TX 1.35
    GA 3.10

To say to look at New York to be convinced, I see more people = more tests = more deaths. The ratio isn't out of line with the other big corona winners. It sounds scary to say New York has 965 deaths, almost half the US total, OUTTA FUCKING CONTROL SHUT IT DOWN - but it's a numbers game. More people, more cases, more deaths.

I get the concern and I may change my tune in a week but this is getting whipped up outa control. To me, what's happening in New York is no different than what's happening anywhere else.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that swine flu infected nearly 61 million people in the United States and caused 12,469 deaths. Worldwide, up to 575,400 people died from pandemic swine flu.Feb 20, 2020

12K deaths and no one gave a shit. Relatively few people get corona and the fucking country gets shut down. I don't get it.

If this thing gets bigger than the regular flu and pneumonia, wake me up I'll be the first one to call 89ute a stupid fucking jackass.

From or with covid
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    <
    hardhat said:

89ute said:

Tequilla said:

Yo Ute

NY 1.627
    NJ 1.202
    CA 2.110
    MI 2.410
    MA 0.97
    FL 1.21
    IL 1.41
    LA 4.27
    PA 1.20
    TX 1.35
    GA 3.10

From or with covid
    whynotboth.gif?

#insleeaccounting
  • Options
    hardhat said:

89ute said:

Tequilla said:

Yo Ute

NY 1.627
    NJ 1.202
    CA 2.110
    MI 2.410
    MA 0.97
    FL 1.21
    IL 1.41
    LA 4.27
    PA 1.20
    TX 1.35
    GA 3.10

From or with covid
    If I had said a million Americans would die when they had Covid, at the start of this, you would have called me hysterical. Shut up.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,407
    Swaye's Wigwam

89ute said:

Tequilla said:

Yo Ute

NY 1.627
    NJ 1.202
    CA 2.110
    MI 2.410
    MA 0.97
    FL 1.21
    IL 1.41
    LA 4.27
    PA 1.20
    TX 1.35
    GA 3.10

Trump saved 3 million lives through

Fauci said 4 million dead

You probably believe him still
  • Options
    edited March 2022

hardhat said:

89ute said:

Tequilla said:

Yo Ute

NY 1.627
    NJ 1.202
    CA 2.110
    MI 2.410
    MA 0.97
    FL 1.21
    IL 1.41
    LA 4.27
    PA 1.20
    TX 1.35
    GA 3.10

From or with covid
    If I had said a million Americans would die when they had Covid, at the start of this, you would have called me hysterical. Shut up.
    If you said you knew how to do chart review, I'd listen to you. Fuck off.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Any thoughts on what happened to the 24- 7 death tracker?

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

IT'S NOT THE FLU.

But if the tv media had a flu tote board like CNN does in a split screen where every flu death was reported telethon style I'd expect a pretty severe reaction.

• Options

89ute said:

Tequilla said:

Yo Ute

NY 1.627
    NJ 1.202
    CA 2.110
    MI 2.410
    MA 0.97
    FL 1.21
    IL 1.41
    LA 4.27
    PA 1.20
    TX 1.35
    GA 3.10

Let it play out.
  • Options

It was the flu until Biden became president. Then we needed a death counter.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,931
    Standard Supporter

hardhat said:

89ute said:

Tequilla said:

Yo Ute

NY 1.627
    NJ 1.202
    CA 2.110
    MI 2.410
    MA 0.97
    FL 1.21
    IL 1.41
    LA 4.27
    PA 1.20
    TX 1.35
    GA 3.10

From or with covid
    We said for the large majority of healthy people under 60 that the chicom crud was no more deadly than the flu, the slobberer called us liars because he is dumber than a marxist bag of hammers. We said isolate the old and those with compromised immune systems and take Vitamin D and zinc. Fow Chee and his minions like the dazzler and the slobberer said lock it down and destroy free market small businesses and steal the election.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

It was the flu until Biden became president. Then we needed a death counter.
    But the opposite happened

Why?
  • Options

hardhat said:

89ute said:

Tequilla said:

Yo Ute

NY 1.627
    NJ 1.202
    CA 2.110
    MI 2.410
    MA 0.97
    FL 1.21
    IL 1.41
    LA 4.27
    PA 1.20
    TX 1.35
    GA 3.10

From or with covid
    We said for the large majority of healthy people under 60 that the chicom crud was no more deadly than the flu, the slobberer called us liars because he is dumber than a marxist bag of hammers. We said isolate the old and those with compromised immune systems and take Vitamin D and zinc. Fow Chee and his minions like the dazzler and the slobberer said lock it down and destroy free market small businesses and steal the election.
    A million dead. Just take more vitamin D and zinc!
  • Options
    Progressives pushed the worst covid nonsense. Fuck them all. .
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

hardhat said:

89ute said:

Tequilla said:

Yo Ute

NY 1.627
    NJ 1.202
    CA 2.110
    MI 2.410
    MA 0.97
    FL 1.21
    IL 1.41
    LA 4.27
    PA 1.20
    TX 1.35
    GA 3.10

From or with covid
    You should just poast clown emojis rather than using your words.
  • Options

89ute said:

Tequilla said:

Yo Ute

NY 1.627
    NJ 1.202
    CA 2.110
    MI 2.410
    MA 0.97
    FL 1.21
    IL 1.41
    LA 4.27
    PA 1.20
    TX 1.35
    GA 3.10

Let it play out.
    Sweden did.
  • Options

hardhat said:

89ute said:

Tequilla said:

Yo Ute

NY 1.627
    NJ 1.202
    CA 2.110
    MI 2.410
    MA 0.97
    FL 1.21
    IL 1.41
    LA 4.27
    PA 1.20
    TX 1.35
    GA 3.10

From or with covid
    Do you like being stupid?

Weird take for an alleged science guy

Who died of what?

I'll be the guy laughing when the left abandons you on this island
    You have no idea what island I’m on.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,945
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

hardhat said:

89ute said:

Tequilla said:

Yo Ute

NY 1.627
    NJ 1.202
    CA 2.110
    MI 2.410
    MA 0.97
    FL 1.21
    IL 1.41
    LA 4.27
    PA 1.20
    TX 1.35
    GA 3.10

From or with covid
    Do you like being stupid?

Weird take for an alleged science guy

Who died of what?

I'll be the guy laughing when the left abandons you on this island
    You have no idea what island I’m on.