Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kobe, HH, Owl, Benny, etc etc

thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,598
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
I want one of you to make me believe that Joe is up to this. This is a generational moment. This is going to define the US and the West for decades.

Give me a reason to think Biden has what it takes to bring this to heel. Deep down I think all of you know that these waters are way too deep for him and his admin. I think the JC knows this. I think the vast majority of the American people knows this, and I know that the guy rolling tanks balls deep into the capital of Ukraine tomorrow morning knows this.

But give it your best shot. Talk me into thinking Joe has a path to victory here, because the math looks pretty bad from where I sit.

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,598
    pawz said:

JC ?

Joint Chiefs
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2022
    thechatch said:

pawz said:

JC ?

Joint Chiefs
    Copy.

"if the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

• Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    I don’t know what you think “up to this” means.

Donald Trump is a spoiled brat who before he became president was best known for hosting a reality tv show and getting into cat fights with Rosie O’Donnell.

Barack Obama was a junior senator from Illinois who may or may not have been born in Kenya

George W Bush was a fucking moron. But I’d love to have a beer with him.

Would they have been up to this? Why?

Because Trump is intentionally rude and puffs out his chest when he knows there will be no consequences? Up for this?

Because Obama sounded nice reading words other people wrote off a teleprompter? Up for this?

Bush did throw out a really nice pitch in the first game back after 9/11 at Yankee Stadium. That’s about the closest any of these three got to proving they were up to something like this.

And Ronald Reagan was a fucking actor and he’s the second most responsible for ending the Cold War, right behind Rocky.

No one person is going to do this. Is Biden the best man to lead it? No, that’s why I voted for Bernie. But I do trust that he’s going to listen to our military and intelligence agencies. And while there are issues those groups, that’s the only way we’re going to do this, they’re going to have to deliver. And I trust that process a helluva lot more than I trust a lunatic that sicked his followers on the Capitol and listens to people like Steve Bannon, if he listens to anyone at all.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

That was a long winded no from an ardent left wing shill.

….. FTFY
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,600
    Founders Club

I don’t know what you think “up to this” means.

Donald Trump is a spoiled brat who before he became president was best known for hosting a reality tv show and getting into cat fights with Rosie O’Donnell.

Barack Obama was a junior senator from Illinois who may or may not have been born in Kenya

George W Bush was a fucking moron. But I’d love to have a beer with him.

Would they have been up to this? Why?

Because Trump is intentionally rude and puffs out his chest when he knows there will be no consequences? Up for this?

Because Obama sounded nice reading words other people wrote off a teleprompter? Up for this?

Bush did throw out a really nice pitch in the first game back after 9/11 at Yankee Stadium. That’s about the closest any of these three got to proving they were up to something like this.

And Ronald Reagan was a fucking actor and he’s the second most responsible for ending the Cold War, right behind Rocky.

No one person is going to do this. Is Biden the best man to lead it? No, that’s why I voted for Bernie. But I do trust that he’s going to listen to our military and intelligence agencies. And while there are issues those groups, that’s the only way we’re going to do this, they’re going to have to deliver. And I trust that process a helluva lot more than I trust a lunatic that sicked his followers on the Capitol and listens to people like Steve Bannon, if he listens to anyone at all.

So, Biden is a no but you think Bernie would have been ready to handle this.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,075
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

But I do trust that he’s going to listen to our military and intelligence agencies.

You mean like he did during our Afghanistan withdrawl? The idiot child speaks!!!!

Afghanistan story was framed as an intelligence failure. It happened faster than they thought and couldn’t react quickly. This time intelligence was right and had plenty of time and we got the exact same outcome.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    The military told Biden that they shouldn’t abandon Bagram airbase before we left. Biden ignored them.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

But I do trust that he’s going to listen to our military and intelligence agencies.

You mean like he did during our Afghanistan withdrawl? The idiot child speaks!!!!

Sounds like a bit of a mixed bag.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,232
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Russia can use Bitcoin to do business with China. The sanctions will not stop them.