Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bend over and kiss your ass goodbye Pac 12

2»

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    chuck said:

haie said:

Don’t worry ROOT Sports is ready to throw dozens of thousands of dollars at the Pac 12.

A friend is going through a divorcey thingy, so we bought out his Blazers season tix since there’s two seats. All of a sudden we? care about the Blazers or some shit and so we tried to get Root sports for the road games. I had to get Fubo TV. I thought it was FUBU TV, which at least sounded like a brand I knew. But no, that Root Sports shit is harder to get than the Pac-12 Network, and I had to kill Grendel’s mother just to be allowed to add it to my TV.

Basically, I’m trying to say you’re right - and the Pac-12 is moving to Root Sports and streaming on AliBaba.
    What the fuck? No wonder you didn't care about the blazers until now, you were too poor to get Comcast when they were on CSNNW up until the end of last year.
    Thanks for your effort again, but Comcast isn’t available in my neighborhood. Damian Lillard lives like five minutes away on Johnson Road, and I don’t know if they get Comcast up there. He might be well off enough to run cable up there. But my non-streaming options are the two satellite providers, adding the sports package with the shitty Pac-12 Network winds up being more than Comcast. I tried to cancel it this week since I have FUBU now but they managed to retain me as a customer with their special trick of making you wait on hold until you give up.

I used to be a huge Blazers fan growing up, my parents had season tix and for a few years I went to almost every home game. I chipped a tooth running down Broadway after game 6 of the WCF, pretending I’m Bonzi Wells. I’ve mentioned on here how I sold blow and x pills to one of their star players. I stuck by the team even when they traded away my favorite player, the Kobe Stopper, for Voshon Lenard.

Somewhere along the line I got disillusioned with NBA basketball. Maybe it’s when Greg Oden’s knee exploded for a third year in a row. Or when Mo Cheeks helped that girl sing the anthem instead of letting people pelt her with tomatoes as they should have. Drafting Martell Webster over Chris Paul, signing a guy with zero knee ligaments to a max extension, etc. I actually still don’t give a fuck about the NBA since it’s pretty much rigged and a repetitive 82 game season is uncalled for - but I’m doing this to humor my girlfriend until she gets bored. I’m hoping she sees what a pain in the ass it is to go to 40+ games per year to watch a fat Bosniak struggle to make free throws.
    Martell Webster was never picked before Chris Paul. Marvin Williams was, but not by the Blazers.
    The Blazers traded the third overall pick to Utah for the sixth pick, the 27th pick, and Detroit’s 2006 first rounder which was 30th overall. The Jazz picked Deron Williams third, the Hornets picked Chris Paul fourth, Webster was sixth. The 27th pick was Linas Kleiza and the Blazers trader him and a second rounder for the 22nd pick- Jarrett Jack.

Basically, the Blazers passed up a Hall-of-Fame point guard in CP3 and a three time All-Star and two time second team All NBA PG in Deron Williams for Martel Webster, Jarrett Jack, and Joel Freeland. Because Paul Allen saw Webster play a good game in high school while CP3 was carrying Wake Forest to being ranked number one.
    I was unsure when it happened, but the Martell Webster draft pick really sucked hindsight. One of the bigger reasons is that he was committed to UW. He would've had a better shot at a career and helped UW a lot.
    He played 10 years and made 47 million. He did okay. Even if he went to UW he was basically already maxed out athletically. He wasn’t athletic enough to warrant where he was picked.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    PAC-12 should have formed a superconference for football only with the Big-10. Lose enough teams to form a conference with the best 14-16 teams.

No divisions. Top 2 teams play conference championship. Own television sets from East to West.

PAC-12 teams playing Big-10 away games can start no earlier than 12 PT. Big-10 teams playing PAC-12 away start no later than 6 PT.

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,926 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

haie said:

Don’t worry ROOT Sports is ready to throw dozens of thousands of dollars at the Pac 12.

A friend is going through a divorcey thingy, so we bought out his Blazers season tix since there’s two seats. All of a sudden we? care about the Blazers or some shit and so we tried to get Root sports for the road games. I had to get Fubo TV. I thought it was FUBU TV, which at least sounded like a brand I knew. But no, that Root Sports shit is harder to get than the Pac-12 Network, and I had to kill Grendel’s mother just to be allowed to add it to my TV.

Basically, I’m trying to say you’re right - and the Pac-12 is moving to Root Sports and streaming on AliBaba.
    What the fuck? No wonder you didn't care about the blazers until now, you were too poor to get Comcast when they were on CSNNW up until the end of last year.
    Thanks for your effort again, but Comcast isn’t available in my neighborhood. Damian Lillard lives like five minutes away on Johnson Road, and I don’t know if they get Comcast up there. He might be well off enough to run cable up there. But my non-streaming options are the two satellite providers, adding the sports package with the shitty Pac-12 Network winds up being more than Comcast. I tried to cancel it this week since I have FUBU now but they managed to retain me as a customer with their special trick of making you wait on hold until you give up.

I used to be a huge Blazers fan growing up, my parents had season tix and for a few years I went to almost every home game. I chipped a tooth running down Broadway after game 6 of the WCF, pretending I’m Bonzi Wells. I’ve mentioned on here how I sold blow and x pills to one of their star players. I stuck by the team even when they traded away my favorite player, the Kobe Stopper, for Voshon Lenard.

Somewhere along the line I got disillusioned with NBA basketball. Maybe it’s when Greg Oden’s knee exploded for a third year in a row. Or when Mo Cheeks helped that girl sing the anthem instead of letting people pelt her with tomatoes as they should have. Drafting Martell Webster over Chris Paul, signing a guy with zero knee ligaments to a max extension, etc. I actually still don’t give a fuck about the NBA since it’s pretty much rigged and a repetitive 82 game season is uncalled for - but I’m doing this to humor my girlfriend until she gets bored. I’m hoping she sees what a pain in the ass it is to go to 40+ games per year to watch a fat Bosniak struggle to make free throws.
    Martell Webster was never picked before Chris Paul. Marvin Williams was, but not by the Blazers.
    The Blazers traded the third overall pick to Utah for the sixth pick, the 27th pick, and Detroit’s 2006 first rounder which was 30th overall. The Jazz picked Deron Williams third, the Hornets picked Chris Paul fourth, Webster was sixth. The 27th pick was Linas Kleiza and the Blazers trader him and a second rounder for the 22nd pick- Jarrett Jack.

Basically, the Blazers passed up a Hall-of-Fame point guard in CP3 and a three time All-Star and two time second team All NBA PG in Deron Williams for Martel Webster, Jarrett Jack, and Joel Freeland. Because Paul Allen saw Webster play a good game in high school while CP3 was carrying Wake Forest to being ranked number one.
    I was unsure when it happened, but the Martell Webster draft pick really sucked hindsight. One of the bigger reasons is that he was committed to UW. He would've had a better shot at a career and helped UW a lot.
    He played 10 years and made 47 million. He did okay. Even if he went to UW he was basically already maxed out athletically. He wasn’t athletic enough to warrant where he was picked.
    That's more than I realized. I wasn't looking at it from the perspective of what benefited him though.