Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bend over and kiss your ass goodbye Pac 12

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,484 Founders Club

Better get CBS on the phone fast. And try to get a couple hundred grand a year

SEC will be ALL ESPN and NBC will have ND and the B1G

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Prime west coast recruits will continue to flock eastward.

Meanwhile, Karen Ramming bakes cookies and Jen Cohen fiddles while Montlake burns.

She got the leopard outfit on while she fiddles?
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,263 Swaye's Wigwam
    Pac-12 needed to make that superconference with Oklahoma and Texas happen. Now it’s over and if I’m USC I’m looking at another conference and Oregon too possibly independent. Best case though maybe the academis and hick schools stay and Washington gets to play in a JV conference they can actually win but no one cares.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Pac-12 needed to make that superconference with Oklahoma and Texas happen. Now it’s over and if I’m USC I’m looking at another conference and Oregon too possibly independent. Best case though maybe the academis and hick schools stay and Washington gets to play in a JV conference they can actually win but no one cares.

As long as they dodge Montana
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    edited February 2022

Don’t worry ROOT Sports is ready to throw dozens of thousands of dollars at the Pac 12.

A friend is going through a divorcey thingy, so we bought out his Blazers season tix since there’s two seats. All of a sudden we? care about the Blazers or some shit and so we tried to get Root sports for the road games. I had to get Fubo TV. I thought it was FUBU TV, which at least sounded like a brand I knew. But no, that Root Sports shit is harder to get than the Pac-12 Network, and I had to kill Grendel’s mother just to be allowed to add it to my TV.

Basically, I’m trying to say you’re right - and the Pac-12 is moving to Root Sports and streaming on AliBaba.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Larry Scott negotiated a twelve year deal.

And then the Pac 12 Network has been discussed plenty of times.

Those two things, and those two things alone have caused this.

Like someone said, CBS, Fox for bigger games or something out there like Amazon Prime can be done.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

Don’t worry ROOT Sports is ready to throw dozens of thousands of dollars at the Pac 12.

A friend is going through a divorcey thingy, so we bought out his Blazers season tix since there’s two seats. All of a sudden we? care about the Blazers or some shit and so we tried to get Root sports for the road games. I had to get Fubo TV. I thought it was FUBU TV, which at least sounded like a brand I knew. But no, that Root Sports shit is harder to get than the Pac-12 Network, and I had to kill Grendel’s mother just to be allowed to add it to my TV.

Basically, I’m trying to say you’re right - and the Pac-12 is moving to Root Sports and streaming on AliBaba.
    What the fuck? No wonder you didn't care about the blazers until now, you were too poor to get Comcast when they were on CSNNW up until the end of last year.
  • ArcArc Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 113 Swaye's Wigwam

And when we occasionally win our little garbage conference we can gnash our teeth and demand that we should get a shot in the playoffs. Our scrappy team will take on anyone, anywhere! Then when we finally get that shot at the playoffs we'll get boat raced by 30 points at the hands of the big conference team and we'll just say, "yeah, but still."
    haie said:

What the fuck? No wonder you didn't care about the blazers until now, you were too poor to get Comcast when they were on CSNNW up until the end of last year.
    Thanks for your effort again, but Comcast isn’t available in my neighborhood. Damian Lillard lives like five minutes away on Johnson Road, and I don’t know if they get Comcast up there. He might be well off enough to run cable up there. But my non-streaming options are the two satellite providers, adding the sports package with the shitty Pac-12 Network winds up being more than Comcast. I tried to cancel it this week since I have FUBU now but they managed to retain me as a customer with their special trick of making you wait on hold until you give up.

I used to be a huge Blazers fan growing up, my parents had season tix and for a few years I went to almost every home game. I chipped a tooth running down Broadway after game 6 of the WCF, pretending I’m Bonzi Wells. I’ve mentioned on here how I sold blow and x pills to one of their star players. I stuck by the team even when they traded away my favorite player, the Kobe Stopper, for Voshon Lenard.

Somewhere along the line I got disillusioned with NBA basketball. Maybe it’s when Greg Oden’s knee exploded for a third year in a row. Or when Mo Cheeks helped that girl sing the anthem instead of letting people pelt her with tomatoes as they should have. Drafting Martell Webster over Chris Paul, signing a guy with zero knee ligaments to a max extension, etc. I actually still don’t give a fuck about the NBA since it’s pretty much rigged and a repetitive 82 game season is uncalled for - but I’m doing this to humor my girlfriend until she gets bored. I’m hoping she sees what a pain in the ass it is to go to 40+ games per year to watch a fat Bosniak struggle to make free throws.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    I am so glad I quit following this shitshow a year ago. I have fun new hobbies like day drinking and suicidal fantasies.
    haie said:

I distracted myself, I had a Comcast story. When I was 17 and in my last year of high school I got an apartment wit my best friend and a 21 year old dumbfuck from Coeur D’Alene. We had Comcast installed, and it was a fat chick in her early 30s who installed it. 21 year old roomie fucked anything he could, whether it was the neighbor’s wife or the apartment manager, or the ugly sister of another neighbor who’d buy weed from me - so he didn’t miss an opportunity to pork the Comcast girl.

He stopped returning her calls, she started showing up trying to find him every day for weeks, then somehow our bill went up to like $250/month and it was locked in for another year and a half. We did have HBO, though. The moral of the story is that I associate Comcast with a fat ginger yelling “yes fuck my ass harder!” from the bedroom next to mine when all I wanted to do was watch ESPN.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,484 Founders Club
    ROOT is on directv

Pac 12 network not so much
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

haie said:

Thanks for your effort again, but Comcast isn’t available in my neighborhood. Damian Lillard lives like five minutes away on Johnson Road, and I don’t know if they get Comcast up there. He might be well off enough to run cable up there. But my non-streaming options are the two satellite providers, adding the sports package with the shitty Pac-12 Network winds up being more than Comcast. I tried to cancel it this week since I have FUBU now but they managed to retain me as a customer with their special trick of making you wait on hold until you give up.

I used to be a huge Blazers fan growing up, my parents had season tix and for a few years I went to almost every home game. I chipped a tooth running down Broadway after game 6 of the WCF, pretending I’m Bonzi Wells. I’ve mentioned on here how I sold blow and x pills to one of their star players. I stuck by the team even when they traded away my favorite player, the Kobe Stopper, for Voshon Lenard.

Somewhere along the line I got disillusioned with NBA basketball. Maybe it’s when Greg Oden’s knee exploded for a third year in a row. Or when Mo Cheeks helped that girl sing the anthem instead of letting people pelt her with tomatoes as they should have. Drafting Martell Webster over Chris Paul, signing a guy with zero knee ligaments to a max extension, etc. I actually still don’t give a fuck about the NBA since it’s pretty much rigged and a repetitive 82 game season is uncalled for - but I’m doing this to humor my girlfriend until she gets bored. I’m hoping she sees what a pain in the ass it is to go to 40+ games per year to watch a fat Bosniak struggle to make free throws.
    Martell Webster was never picked before Chris Paul. Marvin Williams was, but not by the Blazers.

haie said:

Martell Webster was never picked before Chris Paul. Marvin Williams was, but not by the Blazers.
    The Blazers traded the third overall pick to Utah for the sixth pick, the 27th pick, and Detroit’s 2006 first rounder which was 30th overall. The Jazz picked Deron Williams third, the Hornets picked Chris Paul fourth, Webster was sixth. The 27th pick was Linas Kleiza and the Blazers trader him and a second rounder for the 22nd pick- Jarrett Jack.

Basically, the Blazers passed up a Hall-of-Fame point guard in CP3 and a three time All-Star and two time second team All NBA PG in Deron Williams for Martel Webster, Jarrett Jack, and Joel Freeland. Because Paul Allen saw Webster play a good game in high school while CP3 was carrying Wake Forest to being ranked number one.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,484 Founders Club
    If Chris Paul had been a Blazer they would still have one title in 76

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,926 Swaye's Wigwam

ROOT is on directv

Pac 12 network not so much

Pac 12 is on dish but they yanked Root right at the end of baseball season.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,926 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

The Blazers traded the third overall pick to Utah for the sixth pick, the 27th pick, and Detroit’s 2006 first rounder which was 30th overall. The Jazz picked Deron Williams third, the Hornets picked Chris Paul fourth, Webster was sixth. The 27th pick was Linas Kleiza and the Blazers trader him and a second rounder for the 22nd pick- Jarrett Jack.

Basically, the Blazers passed up a Hall-of-Fame point guard in CP3 and a three time All-Star and two time second team All NBA PG in Deron Williams for Martel Webster, Jarrett Jack, and Joel Freeland. Because Paul Allen saw Webster play a good game in high school while CP3 was carrying Wake Forest to being ranked number one.
    I was unsure when it happened, but the Martell Webster draft pick really sucked hindsight. One of the bigger reasons is that he was committed to UW. He would've had a better shot at a career and helped UW a lot.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,524 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I am so glad I quit following this shitshow a year ago. I have fun new hobbies like day drinking and suicidal fantasies.

New?
    chuck said:

Pac 12 is on dish but they yanked Root right at the end of baseball season.

I like to say I "yanked root." IWILTD.