Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Vega Ioane, 2022 3* OL, Graham (Graham-Kapowsin), WA (respect his decision)

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    DawgtillDeathDawgtillDeath Member Posts: 152
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    RealRhino said:

As pathetic as it sounds, we will get at least two of those guys when they transfer. They will probably transfer because they suck, but still.

Just thought of it now: My policy as the coach would be in-state guys don't get to transfer back. Fuck 'em, let 'em go to Oregon State or Fresneck or join the other Ford at Idaho (St.?). You leave chasing clout, fuck off when you come crawling back. You aren't who I'd want, anyway.
    So you would tell good players that would upgrade our roster to fuck off because you were butt hurt they didn't pick UDUB out of highschool?
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

RealRhino said:

As pathetic as it sounds, we will get at least two of those guys when they transfer. They will probably transfer because they suck, but still.

Just thought of it now: My policy as the coach would be in-state guys don't get to transfer back. Fuck 'em, let 'em go to Oregon State or Fresneck or join the other Ford at Idaho (St.?). You leave chasing clout, fuck off when you come crawling back. You aren't who I'd want, anyway.
    So you would tell good players that would upgrade our roster to fuck off because you were butt hurt they didn't pick UDUB out of highschool?
    Yup. #1, they probably aren't upgrading the roster that much. If they were that good, they'd stay where they are. #2, if they fall for some of that bullshit that makes them think it's better at PSU or Oregon or whatever, and then they quit when they don't get the instant gratification, I'm not sure they're the kind of serious player I'd want on my roster anyway.

I don't want in-state kids thinking, "Oh, I'll try to make it at Clemson, and if I don't, no big deal, I can always just come back to Washington. I'm not interested in being a safety school for these guys.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RealRhino said:

RealRhino said:

Yup. #1, they probably aren't upgrading the roster that much. If they were that good, they'd stay where they are. #2, if they fall for some of that bullshit that makes them think it's better at PSU or Oregon or whatever, and then they quit when they don't get the instant gratification, I'm not sure they're the kind of serious player I'd want on my roster anyway.

I don't want in-state kids thinking, "Oh, I'll try to make it at Clemson, and if I don't, no big deal, I can always just come back to Washington. I'm not interested in being a safety school for these guys.

The thing you've ignored in your posts on this subject is that transfers aren't happening for the same old reasons. It's now free agency and players who are upgrades to almost any roster are taking part in it.

What you're really saying, given the new environment, is that you don't want players who follow the best offer rather than committing ti a program. I'm afraid that's not going to be a viable approach anymore. The programs willing to play that game can and will buy their way into contention.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,554
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    We’ll never forget Sark’s magical 8-4 campaign….
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I’m not convinced saying that local players that leave aren’t welcomed back is a good idea …

But I’m also not convinced that there aren’t valid points within the take
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Sark is getting fired during these guy’s redshirt season. I doubt he makes it to next year.

Texas has to play Bama week 2. Bring the plungers
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Sark is getting fired during these guy’s redshirt season. I doubt he makes it to next year.

Texas has to play Bama week 2. Bring the plungers